+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 957 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 417 457 507 907 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 23902

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    This is in all likelihood correct, with the notable exception of if they had anything to do with the actual illegal activity that ended up obtaining and disseminating the return. If someone stole Trump's tax returns and sent them to MSNBC, MSNBC almost certainly did nothing illegal, but if MSNBC had paid a bribe to someone in a position to send them the tax returns, then they'd be in legal trouble.
    Somewhat true. But the 2 pages were sent to Dave Johnston who in turn took them to MSNBC/Maddow. Johnston has done 30 plus years of research on 45*'s crooked empire, btw.

ETA: I didn't see Tex's previous post on Johnston
    Last edited by BRenninger; 03-18-17 at 10:11 PM. Reason: to add:
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    Sure. She's saying words that don't add up to "MAGA".

So, hate.
    Says the guy who accuses me of being a Trump supporter because I'm not in lockstep with the 'everything Trump does/says is bad' hive-mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    David Cay Johnston got the returns not MSNBC. He says they were mailed to him.
    Yeah, I was just clarifying that there are some limits to "however ill-gotten." Does not seem to be the case here by any means, but that was a broad statement.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Trump guys are right: he's a genius who is playing *everyone* like a piano:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Boy....this 45* sure does have some great foreign diplomacy chops.

China rejects Trump criticisms over North Korea

Source: The Guardian

Chinese foreign minister speaks out after US president said Beijing had done little to deter Kim Jong-un’s nuclear ambitions

Tom Phillips in Beijing
    Saturday 18 March 2017

China has rebuffed Donald Trump’s latest Twitter attack after the US president accused Beijing of doing little to help force North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, to abandon his nuclear ambitions.

Speaking in Beijing alongside the US secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, the Chinese foreign minister, Wang Yi, claimed a responsible China had “devoted a lot of energy and effort over the years” to resolving the North Korean issue.

“The tremendous and important efforts that China has made are visible to all,” he told a press conference, urging all parties, “including our friends from the United States”, to tackle the situation in a cool-headed manner.

Wang made no direct reference to Trump, who has repeatedly used Twitter to criticise China on issues including alleged

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...dium=Email&utm
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Says the guy who accuses me of being a Trump supporter because I'm not in lockstep with the 'everything Trump does/says is bad' hive-mind.
    Your protests to the contrary would come across a little more sincere if you managed to stop dismissing every reasonable, thoroughly explained grievance as nothing more than "hive-mind" thinking.

Your protests to the contrary would come across a little more sincere if you managed to stop dismissing every reasonable, thoroughly explained grievance as nothing more than "hive-mind" thinking.
    I'm not protesting anything.

I'm pointing out that anything short of total agreement and blanket condemnation of anything Trump says or does is enough to get one called a Trump supporter, and therefore a liar.

Fortunately your credibility stinks and your opinion is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Awwwwwwww 45* getting his ass handed to him by one of those pesky intelligent, strong, confident women again.

Trump says Rachel Maddow and NBC News are 'bad people' who have 'something wrong with them' for reporting on his tax returns

President Donald Trump took aim at MSNBC host Rachel Maddow and her colleagues at NBC News, calling them ‘bad people’ for revealing his 2005 tax returns during an episode of The Rachel Maddow Show earlier this week.

Trump made the remarks in a taped interview with Fox News that aired on Saturday.
    The president said that ‘there’s something wrong’ with Maddow and he also accused whoever leaked the tax returns of violating the law.

‘They leaked them,’ Trump said. ‘It’s illegal to do what they did, I think.’

Maddow interviewed Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter David Cay Johnston, who obtained a copy of the first two pages of Trump’s 2005 federal tax returns.

The 2005 tax documents aired by MSNBC and published by Johnston showed that Trump earned $153 million in income in 2005 and paid $38 million in taxes.

‘I always heard a tax return was a very sacred kind of a thing,’ Trump said.

‘You don’t leak them. You’re not allowed to. It’s criminally offensive.’

‘But they put them out, and I think it was terrible. But they’re good from that standpoint of my tax returns are good. All of my tax returns are good.’

Trump told Fox News on Saturday that the tax returns are indicative of a larger trend in which anti-Trump elements are leaking damaging material to the press.

‘It’s terrible what’s going on in Washington. We have a certain establishment that’s leaking.’

‘A tax return is a very important thing and you’re not supposed to be leaking them, and they do,’ the president said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4bjRRom8S

Poor little 45*. "Bad people" are all out to get him and only him.

Not even your internet idol can save you from this one.

I'm not protesting anything.

I'm pointing out that anything short of total agreement and blanket condemnation of anything Trump says or does is enough to get one called a Trump supporter, and therefore a liar.

Fortunately your credibility stinks and your opinion is worthless.
    No, I think it's more defending Trump against most of the criticism and constantly calling other posters names for criticising him that's earned you the label.

No, I think it's more defending Trump against most of the criticism
    In other words, having a different opinion. Like I said.

and constantly calling other posters names for criticising him that's earned you the label.
    I suppose you can provide examples of me "constantly calling people names for criticizing Trump".

Incoming

Trump sued over disclosure of personal debts

Washington lawyer is suing President Donald Trump for allegedly obscuring the extent of his personal debts on his federal financial disclosure form.

Attorney Jeffrey Lovitky filed the case in federal court in Washington this week, claiming that Trump's May 2016 disclosure intermingles his personal indebtedness and loans made to businesses or development projects Trump is affiliated with.

While Trump or his businesses are facing at least four lawsuits alleging unfair competition or violations of the Constitution's foreign emoluments clause, Lovity's suit makes no claims of impropriety — it simply alleges that the public is being deprived of accurate information about Trump's debts.

All Trump's debts are covered on a single page of his 104-page disclosure. The listed loans exceed $300 million in total, according to the report. The total amount of the loans is known to be much larger based on other data, but the disclosure form does not require details above $50 million for each loan that exceeds that amount.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...closure-236222

45* really needs to donate his salary to his charitable foundation. He could pay the settlements that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    45* really needs to donate his salary to his charitable foundation. He could pay the settlements that way.
    The lawsuit seeks no damages.

Seriously, if you're not going to read your links why should anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I'm torn on these court decisions. On the surface, no, it doesn't look like a Muslim ban, certainly not a good one.

On the other hand, look at how things like poll taxes and literacy tests affected voting rights. They didn't ban blacks exclusively and they didn't ban all blacks, but there's no doubt that they were deliberately racist.
    This is pretty much how I see it.

I still don't understand why this hasn't been more about alienage, which the policy certainly targets. I think it passes scrutiny there, at least for higher security measures in general. If there is a connection between those COUNTRIES and terrorism, it seems like there is at least justification for paying more attention to those coming through there. Personally, I think it's bad policy purely from a cost-benefit standpoint, but whatever.

I don't have nearly as much of a problem with the country-based restrictions that tend to disproportionately affect Muslims as a matter of course as I had with the previous Christian exception or whatever it was.

NYYF Legend

It's legit like spam.

DC lawyers don't come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    It's legit like spam.
    Classic post:

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post8241203

Addicted Member

He's correct.

I'm going to stop reading BRenninger's posts if nobody else is.

But they're like a hanging curve ball and just too tempting!
    Happy 2017!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Non-answer.

Yes it is.
    Happy 2017!

SJW and proud

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...ource=facebook

First Germany doesn't owe the US a cent for any military defense. That is not how NATO works. Each country's financial commitment is based on a formula based on each country's economy. If Germany owes any money it would be owed to NATO, NOT the US.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    This is in all likelihood correct, with the notable exception of if they had anything to do with the actual illegal activity that ended up obtaining and disseminating the return. If someone stole Trump's tax returns and sent them to MSNBC and MSNBC didn't know they stole them, MSNBC almost certainly did nothing illegal (even if MSNBC did know they were stolen, they would PROBABLY be okay), but if MSNBC had paid a bribe to someone in a position to send them the tax returns, then they'd be in legal trouble.
    Yes. I should've clarified however ill-gotten as however ill-gotten outside of MSNBC itself, though I don't think MSNBC being aware whether or not they were stolen would get them into any hot water. That's got First Amendment all over it.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

First Germany doesn't owe the US a cent for any military defense. That is not how NATO works. Each country's financial commitment is based on a formula based on each country's economy. If Germany owes any money it would be owed to NATO, NOT the US.
    Yeah......I saw this yesterday.....it boggles my mind that the people that surround him do not clarify the facts before he speaks.......I`m guess they are all "Yes" folks..........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

SJW and proud

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Yeah......I saw this yesterday.....it boggles my mind that the people that surround him do not clarify the facts before he speaks.......I`m guess they are all "Yes" folks..........
    Amazing we have a "president" that doesn't even know the basics of the job.
    SJW - bad attempt at insulting people that care about other's rights and not just their own.

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    He's surrounded himself with legitimately incompetent staff but would it matter regardless? He's not interested. Doesn't care. #MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    But they're like a hanging curve ball and just too tempting!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

So glad you posted this. Why 45* was spewing stupid BS at the press conference is just mind numbing. Even Merkel was looking at him like he's really ignorant and in bewilderment.
    What a jackass!

Thread Information