+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 1423 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 414 454 504 904 1404 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 35574

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I know, as I stated multiple times today, yes I know I misread the post. I fully agree it is very possible if not probable he doesn't follow through.
    Yeah, I know. I read your later later posts after your earlier later posts.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Either he has no idea what's in the bill (because he doesn't read) or he doesn't care.
    Well, it turns out to be a very complicated issue. Who knew health care was so complicated?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Or Breitbart. Effin clown! He's embarrassing.

Anybody take a gander of 45*'s domestic budget cuts?
    No more Meals on Wheels. No more LIHEAP. No more Peace Corps. No more Head Start. Cut NASA & NOAA. Privatize the Air Traffic Controllers. Cut PBS. Cut the National Endowment of The Arts. Horrific cuts for HUD. EPA by 37%. Education and the State Department slashed. Funny how these secretaries aren't saying a word. Ball less pricks. Pruett, Carson, DeVros, Tillerson et al.
    But Defense? 56 Billion more.

More hysteria.

Liberals: Stop Saying That Trump Will Kill All Meals On Wheels

Eliminates funding for the Community Development Block Grant program, a savings of $3 billion from the 2017 annualized CR level. The Federal Government has spent over $150 billion on this block grant since its inception in 1974, but the program is not well-targeted to the poorest populations and has not demonstrated results. The Budget devolves community and economic development activities to the State and local level, and redirects Federal resources to other activities.

But the situation is complicated and saying that the budget eliminates the Meals on Wheels program is factually incorrect. According to the Meals on Wheels annual IRS filing for 2015 (it isn't a government program), approximately 3.3% of its funding comes from government sources. Most is from corporate and foundation grants, with individual contributions the second-largest source. Government grants are actually the fifth-largest source of revenue.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikshe.../#33303bca3395
    If you can't change your mind, you can't change anything

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Well, it turns out to be a very complicated issue. Who knew health care was so complicated?
    Well if Breitbart or Fox and Friends doesn't tell him. He is clueless.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    He's such an embarrassment.
    With the Right holding all three houses and somehow cannot pull off the HealthCare Act .........that would be the biggest embarrassment.............especially when they have kept telling voters we'll get it done since 2010 if we have the power...............Trump is what he is.........a Reality show host.........he can't help himself.........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I know. I read your later later posts after your earlier later posts.
    Sorry was going not to go back and remove after seeing the edit

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    More hysteria.

Well.....this is awkward.......
    At a press briefing Thursday, President Trump's Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney characterized the proposal as "compassionate," because it would protect taxpayers from putting money toward inefficient or ineffective programs.

I guess you can say that the "Mick" could have explained it better............

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

More hysteria.

I think this qualifies as an UT OH!!!! post.

Wrong HD:.....................

The majority of....Meals on Wheels programs get most of their federal funding through the Administration for Community Living, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services that serves the elderly and disabled. That agency has a $227 million line-item for "home-delivered nutrition services."
    Those programs are authorized though the Older Americans Act, a law so popular that its renewal passed Congress last year without any recorded opposition. And while Trump didn't single out that specific program, Health and Human Services will receive....a 16% across-the-board cut.
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

45* wasting no time to piss off as many foreign countries as possible.

New rifts emerge as Trump administration rejects free trade statement at G-20 meeting

Source: The Washington Post

By Damian Paletta March 18 at 12:07 PM

BADEN-BADEN, Germany – The Trump administration on Saturday rejected a statement from other leading economies that warned against the perils of trade protectionism, the latest sign of how the administration’s more combative approach to diplomacy could create rifts with U.S. allies and leave traditional partners in the dark about the direction of U.S. policy.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, appearing at a gathering of economic ministers and central bankers from the 20 largest economists, rebuffed multiple entreaties from German officials to include in the meeting’s joint statement language stressing the importance of free trade and that it should be conducted in a “rules based” manner, following existing standards and agreements.

By rejecting language that would have said the U.S. is opposed to protectionism, the White House sent a clear signal that it would not accept existing trade norms and could pursue a more antagonistic approach with trading partners around the world. Such language has been considered ordinary and uncontroversial in recent G-20 meetings.

“I understand what the president’s desire is and his policies and I negotiated them from here, and we couldn’t be happier with the outcome,” Mnuchin said at a press conference Saturday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ws&utm_term=.c
    The presidency doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are. First Lady Michelle Obama (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I think this qualifies as an UT OH!!!! post.
    That sounds serious.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRenninger View Post
    Wrong HD:.....................

The majority of....Meals on Wheels programs get most of their federal funding through the Administration for Community Living, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services that serves the elderly and disabled. That agency has a $227 million line-item for "home-delivered nutrition services."
    Those programs are authorized though the Older Americans Act, a law so popular that its renewal passed Congress last year without any recorded opposition. And while Trump didn't single out that specific program, Health and Human Services will receive....a 16% across-the-board cut.
    I have a good friend who drives and delivers meals for Meals on Wheels. What a great and needed organization. We have enough to give Trump and his swamp buddies a tax cut but we need to cut back on food for the elderly and people joke and have no problem with this. Sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorius Chant View Post
    That sounds serious.
    No, serious is if I copy and paste a 4 page crappy article and randomly bold and increase the size of the text.

Free GC!

More hysteria.

Eliminates funding for the Community Development Block Grant program, a savings of $3 billion from the 2017 annualized CR level. The Federal Government has spent over $150 billion on this block grant since its inception in 1974, but the program is not well-targeted to the poorest populations and has not demonstrated results. The Budget devolves community and economic development activities to the State and local level, and redirects Federal resources to other activities.

But the situation is complicated and saying that the budget eliminates the Meals on Wheels program is factually incorrect. According to the Meals on Wheels annual IRS filing for 2015 (it isn't a government program), approximately 3.3% of its funding comes from government sources. Most is from corporate and foundation grants, with individual contributions the second-largest source. Government grants are actually the fifth-largest source of revenue.
    Just like the "Muslim ban".

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar
    False premise.
    Non-answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    The one that bans Muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Non-answer.
    Dismiss pile.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    No, serious is if I copy and paste a 4 page crappy article and randomly bold and increase the size of the text.

Free GC!
    That would make it more serious than anyone can handle.

The one that bans Muslims?
    That's the talking point, we know.

Doesn't make it true.

Dismiss pile.
    Ignore pile when you can't answer is more like it.

Ol T. Rex falling in line with 45* and his minions.

45* Administration ramps up efforts to block media

Source: CNN

President Donald Trump said Friday that his administration "can get around the media when the media doesn't tell the truth, so I like that." The president was referring to his Twitter account. But recently he has taken steps to control news coverage.

The Trump administration has given preferential access to favorable outlets while excluding others -- a move critics say is dangerously reminiscent of state-controlled media. In the latest incident, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson invited Fox News to cover his meeting at the Korean Demilitarized Zone, on the North-South Korea border, but denied access to the press pool that provides all media outlets with an account of the secretary's activities.

"Fox unilateral network team was allowed into this meeting -- pool asked for access and was blocked," wrote CNN's Pamela Boykoff, the author of Friday's pool report. "Local embassy official told the pool it was 'the Secretary's decision.'"

Tillerson was already being criticized for refusing to allow pool reporters to accompany him on his plane during the trip, which had been a standard practice for his predecessors at the State Department. Tillerson did allow a reporter from the conservative Independent Journal Review to accompany him, but not as a pool reporter.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/17/medi...-blocks-media/

That's the talking point, we know.

Doesn't make it true.
    Except for the part where it bans Muslims you are correct.

I know! Those of us who *didnt* vote for Trump are soooo reactionary!

Ignore pile when you can't answer is more like it.
    Always has been.

Always has been.

I'm hoping Hoodoo won't be so afraid.

Thread Information