+ Reply to Thread
Page 372 of 1903 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 382 422 472 872 1372 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 47570
  1. #9276
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Only 27% of Republicans think there is discrimination against blacks?
    According to Republicans Christians are discriminated against the most, or at least tied with Transgender people. That is insane.

  2. #9277
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Today is the deadline for Trump to come forward with any evidence that President Obama had his office wire tapped. The DOJ is still waiting. Maybe Trump will submit the Breitbart article he got it from.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

  3. #9278
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Things don't need to be 'bugged.' This isn't 1950. Everything is already programmed to spy.

  4. #9279
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Per the CBO (non-partisan), 14 million Americans would lose coverage under the Republican health plan. Sickening.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

  5. #9280
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Things don't need to be 'bugged.' This isn't 1950. Everything is already programmed to spy.
    Correct the accusation was they were wire tapped (or as Spicer just said wiretapped which he claims is different than wire tapping). Can't make this crap up.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

  6. #9281

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Only 27% of Republicans think there is discrimination against blacks?
    I was trying to get to the site's coverage of that chart and read the data / context because often these charts can be misinterpreted (once i dug into a chart that headlined "52% of Republicans think Trump won the popular vote." When I dug into it, it was actually 52% of the 20% of those surveyed who actually thought this, which is COMPLETELY different than the headline.)

    Couldn't find it, but at the least the question isn't whether there's discrimination, but whether there's "a lot" of discrimination. That's the grey area I need defined.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

  7. #9282
    reject cynical despair Texsahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Per the CBO (non-partisan), 14 million Americans would lose coverage under the Republican health plan. Sickening.
    Yep. Here's a link.

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politi....html?adkey=bn

    CBO projection: 24 million uninsured by 2026 01:19
    (CNN)Fourteen million more Americans would be uninsured under the House Republican health care bill than under Obamacare in 2018, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Monday.

  8. #9283
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I was trying to get to the site's coverage of that chart and read the data / context because often these charts can be misinterpreted (once i dug into a chart that headlined "52% of Republicans think Trump won the popular vote." When I dug into it, it was actually 52% of the 20% of those surveyed who actually thought this, which is COMPLETELY different than the headline.)

    Couldn't find it, but at the least the question isn't whether there's discrimination, but whether there's "a lot" of discrimination. That's the grey area I need defined.
    The link is in texsahara's post.

    Did you read it? Because I have no clue what point your post is trying to make other than possibly some hand waving that the questions were somehow misleading?

    Because both the chart and supporting article seemed pretty clear to me.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  9. #9284
    reject cynical despair Texsahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Correct the accusation was they were wire tapped (or as Spicer just said wiretapped which he claims is different than wire tapping). Can't make this crap up.
    Take him seriously, not literally! Take him literally, not seriously! Take him seriously and literally! Or do the smart thing and take him to be a pathological liar!

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politi...ing/index.html

    The White House on Monday walked back a key point of President Donald Trump's unsubstantiated allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower during the 2016 election.

    Namely, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Trump wasn't referring to wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping.

    "I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."

    Wiretapping is a narrowly defined surveillance activity that involves tapping into "a telephone or telegram wire in order to get information," according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.
    Spicer also said that Trump was referring to the Obama administration broadly -- and not accusing Obama of personal involvement -- when he tweeted that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower" and accused Obama of being a "bad" or "sick guy."
    A week earlier, Spicer said Trump's tweet "speaks for itself" and declined to provide any further explanation.

    But Monday, Spicer was open to providing an interpretation for Trump's tweet, saying the President told Spicer he was referring to means of surveillance beyond wiretapping in his tweets accusing Obama of doing just that.

  10. #9285
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Thanks for the link. I got news flashes saying 24 million then saw 14 million by 2018. America may have great doctors and medicine but what good does that do if you can't afford it?
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

  11. #9286
    reject cynical despair Texsahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    The link is in texsahara's post.

    Did you read it? Because I have no clue what point your post is trying to make other than possibly some hand waving that the questions were somehow misleading?

    Because both the chart and supporting article seemed pretty clear to me.
    I think he's asking about methodology. I looked for that too before I posted it. They do not release it for a year but looking at past data, they seem to use basic standards - nationally representative adult (18+) living in the United States, 50/50 landline and cell, over 1000 total respondents.

  12. #9287
    reject cynical despair Texsahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Re: President Donald Trump

    CBO report for anyone looking for some bathroom reading material.

    https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...hcareact_0.pdf

  13. #9288

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I got news flashes saying 24 million then saw 14 million by 2018. America may have great doctors and medicine but what good does that do if you can't afford it?
    Look for a huge purge at the CBO.
    Look for a slew of 45*'s minniemes to discredit the CBO.

  14. #9289

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    The link is in texsahara's post.

    Did you read it? Because I have no clue what point your post is trying to make other than possibly some hand waving that the questions were somehow misleading?

    Because both the chart and supporting article seemed pretty clear to me.
    When I clicked the link, all I got was the PRII main site.

    My point was, I didn't know what the definition of "a lot" was, or how the question was phrased. But you stated the following:

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Only 27% of Republicans think there is discrimination against blacks?
    I think you are misrepresenting the chart. It says 27% of Republicans think there is "a lot of discrimination", not only 27% think there is any.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

  15. #9290

    Re: President Donald Trump

    And so it begins. 45*care is everything Ryan had hoped for............

    Republican Obamacare repeal benefits wealthiest: study

    Source: Reuters



    13 MAR 2017 AT 16:03 ET

    A Republican plan to repeal taxes set under Obamacare would benefit the wealthiest U.S. households at more than five times the rate for middle-income families, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

    “The effects are really very dramatic. We found that a typical middle-income family would get a tax cut averaging about $300, while people in the top 0.1 percent would get a tax cut of about $207,000,” Howard Gleckman, a senior fellow at the nonprofit research group, said on Monday. (http://tpc.io/2n1Mdwi)

    The expected benefits equal 2.6 percent of a wealthy family’s after-tax income, but only 0.5 percent of the income of a middle-class household making $51,600 to $89,400 a year, including fringe benefits like employer-provided health insurance, the center estimated.

    The proposed changes are part of a plan backed by Republican President Donald Trump to repeal and replace the law officially known as the Affordable Care Act, former Democratic President Barack Obama’s signature domestic legislation. All told, the tax portion would eliminate levies worth $600 billion in revenues over a decade.

    http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/repu...lthiest-study/

  16. #9291
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    When I clicked the link, all I got was the PRII main site.

    My point was, I didn't know what the definition of "a lot" was, or how the question was phrased. But you stated the following:



    I think you are misrepresenting the chart. It says 27% of Republicans think there is "a lot of discrimination", not only 27% think there is any.
    I don't think I'm misrepresenting anything when 48% of republicans in the survey think there is "a lot" of discrimination against Christians but only 27% think there is "a lot" of discrimination against blacks.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  17. #9292
    Released Outright awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    CBO report for anyone looking for some bathroom reading material.

    https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fi...hcareact_0.pdf
    0.9 trillion tax cut accruing to investor class and 1.2 trillion reduced outlay to desperately poor. lol just lol.

    but nice of trump to quicken the death of his older, rural supporters.

  18. #9293

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't think I'm misrepresenting anything when 48% of republicans in the survey think there is "a lot" of discrimination against Christians but only 27% think there is "a lot" of discrimination against blacks.
    That's completely different context than what you said. Your original statement was not what the chart was attempting to show.

    Either way, I don't think any of us are surprised by the results of the chart from a Republican / Democrat standpoint. Probably could've guessed that.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

  19. #9294

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    0.9 trillion tax cut accruing to investor class and 1.2 trillion reduced outlay to desperately poor. lol just lol.

    but nice of trump to quicken the death of his older, rural supporters.

  20. #9295
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Correct the accusation was they were wire tapped (or as Spicer just said wiretapped which he claims is different than wire tapping). Can't make this crap up.
    My favorite part is that he didn't mean Obama himself ordered this "wire tapping" but his administration. So then why did Trump call Obama a "bad (or sick) guy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    According to Republicans Christians are discriminated against the most, or at least tied with Transgender people. That is insane.
    I just can't.
    2017 - Better than expected!

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  21. #9296
    Released Outright awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: President Donald Trump

    lol trumpkins don't understand that the FISA court is run by john roberts.

    if you don't want to get investigated, don't do shady ................. this applies to hillary too.

  22. #9297

    Re: President Donald Trump





    Edit:

    From Paul Ryan's Twitter:

    CBO report confirms it → American Health Care Act will lower premiums & improve access to quality, affordable care.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA

  23. #9298

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    according to republicans christians are discriminated against the most, or at least tied with transgender people. That is insane.
    jhc...

  24. #9299
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    jhc...
    I've always wondered what the H was supposed to stand for.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  25. #9300
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: President Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I've always wondered what the H was supposed to stand for.
    Harold is the one I'm sticking with..
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts