+ Reply to Thread
Page 1187 of 1413 FirstFirst ... 187 687 1087 1137 1177 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1197 1237 1287 ... LastLast
Results 29,651 to 29,675 of 35313

Re: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    It's amazing to me that you could put those sentences consecutively.
    I'm not sure that it's as self-contradictory as yoy imply. "GOP base" might be correct, but "Trump base" and "GOP members of the House and Senate." It still won't cover every single one of them, but it fits as an overall description of their current state.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Nice is different than good. Texsahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
    no, pretty much just vandalism.. just because you think it's cute doesn't make it ok.
    What was destroyed or damaged?

Please don't cut off my sentences to score a cheap point. I was very specific in what I was suggesting and why I was suggesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Yeah, I see trespassing but not vandalism.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

the property.
    kyle

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

You have "moderate" US Senators going on TV talking about a deep state conspiracy to undermine the President. He's spouting word for word what the likes of Lou Dobbs and Alex Jones are saying.

Like it or not, the "base" Republican party is now in that camp.

NYYF Legend

the property.
    As vandalism goes this one seem relatively minor and easily erased.

If they catch the vandals I'm sure a fine is in order. But on the scale of high crime I'm guessing the investigation isn't high on the priority list.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

the property.
    That golf course and the ugly ass gate and over-the-top improvements have destroyed that property. He's in violation of a number of zoning and environmental regs. It was a lot nicer when my friends the Coperthwaites owned it.

I ain't crying about disturbing a little dirt.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

the property.
    They'll never get dirt to grow there again.

They'll never get dirt to grow there again.
    go to your next door neighbor and try to dig up his property and plant your fake gravestones and get back to me.
    kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    As vandalism goes this one seem relatively minor and easily erased.

If they catch the vandals I'm sure a fine is in order. But on the scale of high crime I'm guessing the investigation isn't high on the priority list.
    never said it was a "high crime". it's amazing to me that people are ok with vandalism if it sends a message that they agree with. some might say that attitude is deplorable.
    kyle

NYYF Legend

go to your next door neighbor and try to dig up his property and plant your fake gravestones and get back to me.
    sounds like a fun Halloween Prank. I may try that next year.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

never said it was a "high crime". it's amazing to me that people are ok with vandalism if it sends a message that they agree with. some might say that attitude is deplorable.
    I never said I was OK with it.

Just that it's probably not the #1 priority on the list of crimes to solve.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

My next door neighbor IS a cemetery (really). I doubt they'd notice.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    you got me..
    kyle

I don't live next to an empty dirt farm.

I don't live next to an empty dirt farm.
    nobody said you did.. get back to me after you dig up your neighbors lawn
    kyle

nobody said you did.. get back to me after you dig up your neighbors lawn
    Lawn? There was a lawn involved??

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    My next door neighbor still haven't touched their leaves from last Fall. A few fake tombstones and some uncovered earth would be a landscaping improvement.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I'm almost afraid to ask this but has Donald said anything stupid yet in Switzerland?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Lawn? There was a lawn involved??
    there will be after you dig it up.. this is taking way to much to try and get you up to speed..
    kyle

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask this but has Donald said anything stupid yet in Switzerland?
    if he's been there more than 2 minutes it's hard to imagine that he hasn't.
    kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bernard View Post
    The entire text story is just another attempt to discredit FBI and the DOJ to protect Trump. The bolded you're referring to is a fair question based on the fact that the GOP base is suddently at war with law enforcement agencies and in love with Putin. Ultimately I think any generalizations are a waste of time but Trump supporters have changed the script.
    Of course it is, just like the Russia collusion story is just another attempt to distract people from Trump's economic success. See how that works? You're blinded by your bias, just like hard right wingers are blinded by theirs. What's wrong with finding out the truth in each instance, versus just dismissing it? I'm no Trumpkin, but I definitely am interested in this matter.

You really believe that FBI deleted text messages from thousands of phones to cover up for Page and Strozk?
    You say that like it's some wild conspiracy theory. So some poorly described software "glitch" caused 10% of the FBI's phones to fail to backup messages, in spite of 1% odds Page and Strozk's phones were both in that minority of affected devices, the event went undetected for months, and when Mueller removed Strozk from the investigation for this very reason his phone wasn't imaged, and the phones or any other devices that may have been synched with them have not been produced. I'm not saying I believe it outright, but I am getting pretty sick and tired of politicians and government officials skirting rules around retention of evidence and it doesn't really matter ultimately if it's negligence or intent.

I find it ironic that in 2017/2018, the FBI/Comey are being accused by the Republicans of being bias against Trump, yet the FBI/Comey leaks and then public admittance on a Hillary Clinton investigation helped Trump win the election with Democrats saying that Comey was bias against them in 2016. So how can the FBI/Comey be bias against both, Trump and Clinton?

The only thing I want is that Mueller is allowed to do his freaking job without interference from Trump and Congress and let the facts speak for themselves.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Of course it is, just like the Russia collusion story is just another attempt to distract people from Trump's economic success. See how that works? You're blinded by your bias, just like hard right wingers are blinded by theirs. What's wrong with finding out the truth in each instance, versus just dismissing it? I'm no Trumpkin, but I definitely am interested in this matter.

You say that like it's some wild conspiracy theory. So some poorly described software "glitch" caused 10% of the FBI's phones to fail to backup messages, in spite of 1% odds Page and Strozk's phones were both in that minority of affected devices, the event went undetected for months, and when Mueller removed Strozk from the investigation for this very reason his phone wasn't imaged, and the phones or any other devices that may have been synched with them have not been produced. I'm not saying I believe it outright, but I am getting pretty sick and tired of politicians and government officials skirting rules around retention of evidence and it doesn't really matter ultimately if it's negligence or intent.
    It’s some wild conspiracy theory.

The distractions you see as going both ways are far from equivalent.

Thread Information