+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 77
  1. #51
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    You should get ultra pasteurized milk, by the time one of those goes bad, the Yankees will be 10 games under .500
    It may not even be time for Spring Training as yet, Mark, but you are in mid-season form!
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  2. #52
    It's a walkoff Mark19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It may not even be time for Spring Training as yet, Mark, but you are in mid-season form!
    Come now, when else can I combine two things I have strong feelings about - American dairy offerings and Yankees baseball?
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.


    "They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

  3. #53
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    Come now, when else can I combine two things I have strong feelings about - American dairy offerings and Yankees baseball?
    My comment was a compliment. Well done.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  4. #54
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler884 View Post
    I live in the area, so I go to these parks quite a bit. I know many people run down Auto Exchange Stadium (Dunedin) but I like the quaintness of it, and how close the seats are to the field. And pretty much everywhere has a great view of the field. As the team recently decided to stay in Dunedin, they will be making many upgrades to the stadium. I hope they don't lose the "feel" of the place. As for parking, I've never really had a problem, as long as you get there early enough. Or, if you're not you can always park in Downtown Dunedin, which is about 3-5 blocks away. If you plan on doing that, though, keep in mind that Dunedin has now instituted parking meters Downtown.

    If you are truly interested in Columbia restaurant, there is one right in the SandKey area of Clearwater, where Boss will be staying. I happen to love there 1905 salad. A new place which opened recently on Clearwater Beach is at the Opal Sands resort, called "Sandbar" which I've eaten at and enjoyed a great deal. Many locals will rave about "Frenchy's" but I've never been a fan.

    I might be able to recommend more 'local' places if I had more of an idea of where you'd be looking. Tampa Bay is pretty sprawling, and most places take a good bit of time getting around.

    - Rick
    Thanks for your thoughts. I still don't find Auto Exchange "quaint," more like "outmoded," but perhaps the upgrades will help. (To me, McKechnie in Bradenton is "quaint".)

    (I do have one Auto Exchange story, my ladyfriend and I were there for a Tampa Yankees/Dunedin Blue Jays game in May 2014, we sat through a two-hour rain delay, our "entertainment" during that delay was three young ladies sitting several rows behind us who we could glean from their dialogue were girlfriends of three Tampa Yankees, one of them being Aaron Judge. Sorry, no scandal lol. Just the Judge girlfriend saying "I don't usually like ballplayers but he's nice." So there's that I didn't have the heart to tell her she'd be history as soon as he got to Trenton. Ballplayers and all that.

    Anyway ....

    On restaurants, you may have me confused me with Texsahara who likes Columbia. I'm the one who prefers inland eateries (avoid the tourist restaurants). Since you are from the area, is Kallie K's in Dunedin any good? Meant to go there once but circumstances intervened. Any other local "off-shore" places to recommend? (We'll be back in May.) Thanks.

  5. #55
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. I still don't find Auto Exchange "quaint," more like "outmoded," but perhaps the upgrades will help. (To me, McKechnie in Bradenton is "quaint".)

    (I do have one Auto Exchange story, my ladyfriend and I were there for a Tampa Yankees/Dunedin Blue Jays game in May 2014, we sat through a two-hour rain delay, our "entertainment" during that delay was three young ladies sitting several rows behind us who we could glean from their dialogue were girlfriends of three Tampa Yankees, one of them being Aaron Judge. Sorry, no scandal lol. Just the Judge girlfriend saying "I don't usually like ballplayers but he's nice." So there's that I didn't have the heart to tell her she'd be history as soon as he got to Trenton. Ballplayers and all that.

    Anyway ....

    On restaurants, you may have me confused me with Texsahara who likes Columbia. I'm the one who prefers inland eateries (avoid the tourist restaurants). Since you are from the area, is Kallie K's in Dunedin any good? Meant to go there once but circumstances intervened. Any other local "off-shore" places to recommend? (We'll be back in May.) Thanks.
    That's an awesome story about the girlfriends. I've seen some ladies there who I've suspected of being girlfriends, but never confirmed anything.

    Yeah, sorry about the Columbia thing. I used my one reply as a catch-all to a couple different conversations. Probably not the best way to have done so...

    Kally K's in Dunedin has been closed for a couple months. I believe the sign says it's closed for renovations but local rumors are saying otherwise. I checked their website earlier, which still shows the Dunedin location, but when I called the number it was disconnected. I have eaten at the one up in Spring Hill (about an hour-ish north of Dunedin) but was not overly impressed by it.

    There's a few places I could recommend, depending on the type of food you're interested in. For cheese steaks, I would highly recommend Delco's (formerly La Spada's) on 580 / Main Street in Dunedin. If you go, bring cash as they don't accept credit or debit.

    For the usual American-restaurant type food, there's a place just north of downtown Dunedin called Clear Sky Draught Haus. I have not eaten here, but have eaten at their sister location Clear Sky Café on Clearwater Beach and it was very good. Someplace similar to this would be Ozona Blue Grilling company, between Dunedin and Tarpon Springs (in an area called, naturally, Ozona). A third option for this, which also includes some British pub food, is Cricketers, on Alternate-19/Bayshore Blvd, heading towards Honeymoon Island.

    http://www.clearskydraughthaus.com/
    http://www.ozonabluegrill.com/
    http://www.cricketerspub.com/

    For Mexican food, downtown Dunedin has Casa Tina's which is okay. A place I like better is called Poblanos on McMullen Booth Road between Dunedin and Safety Harbor.

    http://www.casatinas.com/
    http://www.poblanosmex.com/

    My brother ate at a new Italian place in Dunedin recently called Julian's Little Italy and he liked it quite a bit. This is on Patricia Avenue, not far from Auto Exchange Stadium.

    http://julianslittleitaly.com/

    Finally, if you're looking for someplace a little more high-end I have always enjoyed Bon Appetit on the waterfront near the marina in Dunedin. Go there the right time of day and you can also catch a pretty fantastic sunset.

    https://www.bonappetitrestaurant.com/

    If you're looking more for the Tampa side of things, nearby GSM Field is mostly chain places. Some higher end places are attached to the two malls nearby -- International Plaza and Westshore Mall. International Plaza has an Italian place called Brio Tuscan Grille, and a seafood place called Ocean Prime. Towards Westshore Mall (about a mile south) is Seasons 52.

    http://www.brioitalian.com/index.html
    https://www.ocean-prime.com/
    http://www.seasons52.com/home

    There's another Italian steak place not terribly far from GSM called Iavarone's.

    https://iavaronessteakhouse.com/

    Anyway, hope some of these idea catch your fancy. If there's any other information I might be able to provide, just lemme know!

    - Rick

  6. #56
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler884 View Post
    That's an awesome story about the girlfriends. I've seen some ladies there who I've suspected of being girlfriends, but never confirmed anything.

    (snip)

    Anyway, hope some of these idea catch your fancy. If there's any other information I might be able to provide, just lemme know!

    - Rick
    Thank you very much for that info Rick! Much appreciated. Will definitely look into those places. Like I said, my GF and I try to avoid the touristy restaurants, not just in Florida but wherever we go. "Eat where the locals eat" i have always believed is good advice.

  7. #57
    NYYF Legend

    NJ Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Anyone planning on going to the ST games on March 11th or 12th? Just booked my flight. Thanks for the dining suggestions.

  8. #58
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Yes network has announced it's Yankee Spring Training telecasts. There may be more on other networks.


    Here are YES's
    Fri 2/24 Phillies 1PM
    Sun2/26 Blue Jays 1 PM
    Wed 3/1 Braves 6:30 PM
    Thu 3/2 Orioles 6:30 PM
    Sun 3/5 Pirates 1 PM
    Tue 3/7 Rays 1 PM
    Sun 3/11 Det 1 PM
    Wed 3/15 Phil 6:30 PM
    Sun 3/18 Balt 1 PM
    Fri 3/24 Phil 1 PM
    Sat 3/25 Tor 1 PM
    Fri 3/31 (in Atlanta 7:30 PM
    I assume these are all home games except for the Atlanta game but it wasn't noted.


    Happy viewing


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  9. #59

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Yes network has announced it's Yankee Spring Training telecasts. There may be more on other networks.


    Here are YES's
    Fri 2/24 Phillies 1PM
    Sun2/26 Blue Jays 1 PM
    Wed 3/1 Braves 6:30 PM
    Thu 3/2 Orioles 6:30 PM
    Sun 3/5 Pirates 1 PM
    Tue 3/7 Rays 1 PM
    Sun 3/11 Det 1 PM
    Wed 3/15 Phil 6:30 PM
    Sun 3/18 Balt 1 PM
    Fri 3/24 Phil 1 PM
    Sat 3/25 Tor 1 PM
    Fri 3/31 (in Atlanta 7:30 PM
    I assume these are all home games except for the Atlanta game but it wasn't noted.


    Happy viewing


    Andy
    Nice. Now just need the sked for games that ESPN or MLB Net will be carrying exclusively.

  10. #60

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Yes network has announced it's Yankee Spring Training telecasts. There may be more on other networks.


    Here are YES's
    Fri 2/24 Phillies 1PM
    Sun2/26 Blue Jays 1 PM
    Wed 3/1 Braves 6:30 PM
    Thu 3/2 Orioles 6:30 PM
    Sun 3/5 Pirates 1 PM
    Tue 3/7 Rays 1 PM
    Sun 3/11 Det 1 PM
    Wed 3/15 Phil 6:30 PM
    Sun 3/18 Balt 1 PM
    Fri 3/24 Phil 1 PM
    Sat 3/25 Tor 1 PM
    Fri 3/31 (in Atlanta 7:30 PM
    I assume these are all home games except for the Atlanta game but it wasn't noted.


    Happy viewing


    Andy
    Andy, check your days/dates. 3/11 is a Saturday as is 3/18, not Sunday.

  11. #61
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Nice. Now just need the sked for games that ESPN or MLB Net will be carrying exclusively.
    25 games according to MLB.tv

    Time ET Matchup Away TV Home TV
    Fri, Feb 24 1:05 PM Philadelphia Phillies vs New York YANKEES YES
    Sat, Feb 25 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies CSN
    Sun, Feb 26 1:05 PM Toronto Blue Jays (ss) vs New York YANKEES YES
    Mon, Feb 27 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Baltimore Orioles MASN
    Wed, Mar 1 6:35 PM Atlanta Braves vs New York YANKEES YES
    Thu, Mar 2 6:35 PM Baltimore Orioles (ss) vs New York YANKEES YES
    Fri, Mar 3 1:07 PM New York YANKEES vs Toronto Blue Jays SNET
    Sun, Mar 5 1:05 PM Pittsburgh Pirates vs New York Yankees YES
    Mon, Mar 20 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Washington Nationals MASN
    Tue, Mar 7 1:05 PM Tampa Bay Rays vs New York YANKEES YES
    Fri, Mar 10 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies TCN
    Sat, Mar 11 1:05 PM Detroit Tigers vs New York YANKEES FSD YES
    Wed, Mar 15 6:35 PM Philadelphia Phillies vs New York YANKEES YES
    Fri, Mar 17 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Detroit Tigers FSD
    Sat, Mar 18 1:05 PM Baltimore Orioles vs New York YANKEES YES
    Sun, Mar 19 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Houston Astros ROOT
    Mon, Mar 6 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Pittsburgh Pirates
    Tue, Mar 21 6:35 PM Boston Red Sox vs New York YANKEES NESN+
    Wed, Mar 22 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies TCN
    Thu, Mar 23 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Tampa Bay Rays ESPN
    Fri, Mar 24 1:05 PM Philadelphia Phillies vs New York YANKEES YES
    Sat, Mar 25 1:05 PM Toronto Blue Jays (ss) vs New York YANKEES YES
    Thu, Mar 30 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies TCN
    Fri, Mar 31 7:35 PM New York YANKEES vs Atlanta Braves YES FSSO
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  12. #62

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    25 games according to MLB.tv

    Time ET Matchup Away TV Home TV
    Fri, Feb 24 1:05 PM Philadelphia Phillies vs New York YANKEES YES
    Sat, Feb 25 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies CSN
    Sun, Feb 26 1:05 PM Toronto Blue Jays (ss) vs New York YANKEES YES
    Mon, Feb 27 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Baltimore Orioles MASN
    Wed, Mar 1 6:35 PM Atlanta Braves vs New York YANKEES YES
    Thu, Mar 2 6:35 PM Baltimore Orioles (ss) vs New York YANKEES YES
    Fri, Mar 3 1:07 PM New York YANKEES vs Toronto Blue Jays SNET
    Sun, Mar 5 1:05 PM Pittsburgh Pirates vs New York Yankees YES
    Mon, Mar 20 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Washington Nationals MASN
    Tue, Mar 7 1:05 PM Tampa Bay Rays vs New York YANKEES YES
    Fri, Mar 10 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies TCN
    Sat, Mar 11 1:05 PM Detroit Tigers vs New York YANKEES FSD YES
    Wed, Mar 15 6:35 PM Philadelphia Phillies vs New York YANKEES YES
    Fri, Mar 17 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Detroit Tigers FSD
    Sat, Mar 18 1:05 PM Baltimore Orioles vs New York YANKEES YES
    Sun, Mar 19 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Houston Astros ROOT
    Mon, Mar 6 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Pittsburgh Pirates
    Tue, Mar 21 6:35 PM Boston Red Sox vs New York YANKEES NESN+
    Wed, Mar 22 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies TCN
    Thu, Mar 23 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Tampa Bay Rays ESPN
    Fri, Mar 24 1:05 PM Philadelphia Phillies vs New York YANKEES YES
    Sat, Mar 25 1:05 PM Toronto Blue Jays (ss) vs New York YANKEES YES
    Thu, Mar 30 1:05 PM New York YANKEES vs Philadelphia Phillies TCN
    Fri, Mar 31 7:35 PM New York YANKEES vs Atlanta Braves YES FSSO
    Awesome sauce. Thanks for this.

  13. #63
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Andy, check your days/dates. 3/11 is a Saturday as is 3/18, not Sunday.


    Sorry you are correct. I don't know how I made the mistake, but I did


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  14. #64

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    25 games according to MLB.tv
    Just a head's up. You accidentally swapped March 6th with March 20th games.

  15. #65
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Just a head's up. You accidentally swapped March 6th with March 20th games.
    You are correct.

    I pulled the entire schedule over into excel via a cut and pasted, then tried to get rid of everything except the Yankee games. I ended up with 23 games when the schedule had 25, so I had to go back and add in the March 6 & March 20 games.

    The dates & times are correct - they just are not in proper chronological order.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  16. #66
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Today's the day. The first Yankee ST game to be televised. You know where I will be from 1PM to 4PM or so


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  17. #67

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    It's always good to see baseball is back but I can never manage to watch more than an inning or so of a Spring Training game before I starting thinking to myself "but this is a spring training game".
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  18. #68
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    It's always good to see baseball is back but I can never manage to watch more than an inning or so of a Spring Training game before I starting thinking to myself "but this is a spring training game".


    I can understand that, but it is baseball and I get the greatest pleasure in watching the promising youngsters who might later make it to the majors.


    I can still remember running home from elementary school in early March to listen to the Yankee ST games. I remember back in 1950 when Mickey played in a few ST games. Over the years I have listened to, watched, and attended over several hundreds of ST games and saw many, many youngsters later make the majors. Spring is renewal and I am an hour away from the first game. I'll watch the entire game with perhaps a few beers.


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  19. #69
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    MLB channel airing tape of today's Yankees/Phillies game at 11 PM, ET

  20. #70
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    I am watching today's game on MLB.tv. It's tho top of the seventh, 5-0 Yanks. I have a cold beer in my hand. How can life get better.

    My wife, Nancy and my son Dave, leave for Tampa on tue 3/22. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Rt 17 in Clearwater, almost in walking distance of the Phillies park.

    I could not be more impressed with the Yankees crop of youngsters. I cannot wait to see them in person. The Yankees future sure looks bright. Could we have a 50's like dynasty in the making.

    I know, I am always ultra optimistic, but tell me a better way to live.

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  21. #71
    NYYF Legend

    NJ Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    I am watching today's game on MLB.tv. It's tho top of the seventh, 5-0 Yanks. I have a cold beer in my hand. How can life get better.

    My wife, Nancy and my son Dave, leave for Tampa on tue 3/22. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Rt 17 in Clearwater, almost in walking distance of the Phillies park.

    I could not be more impressed with the Yankees crop of youngsters. I cannot wait to see them in person. The Yankees future sure looks bright. Could we have a 50's like dynasty in the making.

    I know, I am always ultra optimistic, but tell me a better way to live.

    Andy
    At Newark Airport on my way to Tampa right now! I cannot wait to see these kids play!

  22. #72
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    At Newark Airport on my way to Tampa right now! I cannot wait to see these kids play!
    Have you been to ST before? Outside of your honeymoon, it is the greatest experience of one' life

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  23. #73
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Sixty one,

    Al have you ever been to Vinnies Clam Bar? Of course you must have been there.

    It is by far the best seafood and Italian restaurant in our area

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  24. #74
    NYYF Legend

    NJ Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Have you been to ST before? Outside of your honeymoon, it is the greatest experience of one' life

    Andy
    Only once in 2001.A poster here had a contest. A pair of great tickets free, based on a short essay. I won and surprised my son after his Bar Mitzvah. It was incredible! He got to meet so many players. Now the stadium is renovated. Interested in seeing the updates.

  25. #75
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Spring Training 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    Only once in 2001.A poster here had a contest. A pair of great tickets free, based on a short essay. I won and surprised my son after his Bar Mitzvah. It was incredible! He got to meet so many players. Now the stadium is renovated. Interested in seeing the updates.

    For many reasons I love seeing ST games more than regular season games.

    I have seen at least one game a year (many times more) at YS but I have seen more Yankee games away (ST, Baltimore, Washington, Anaheim, Boston, and Toronto). I Havaa seen gmes in ll California , pittsburg,Philadelphia, Cleveland and other, not to mention many minor league games

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts