+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 1218
  1. #401
    Mustache NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Oh yeah, that was great to see.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  2. #402

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Sure. I read reports. And stats. Never saw him play in person, but it appeared he had a contact problem. He wasnt steller in AA either. .277 BA.
    Moncada certainly was stellar in AA.

  3. #403

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Sure. I read reports. And stats. Never saw him play in person, but it appeared he had a contact problem. He wasnt steller in AA either. .277 BA.

    I just never felt like he was the best prospect in baseball. And only there because he played for Boston.

    Now I hope he becomes a stud with Chicago.


    You're cherry picking one stat to see he wasn't steller? Besides the fact that .277 is pretty good, he also had a .379 OBP, and was on pace through 45 games to easily be a 30-30 guy, potentially a 40-40 guy. Those are super-star type numbers.

  4. #404

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by sfischer89 View Post
    You're cherry picking one stat to see he wasn't steller? Besides the fact that .277 is pretty good, he also had a .379 OBP, and was on pace through 45 games to easily be a 30-30 guy, potentially a 40-40 guy. Those are super-star type numbers.
    Not to mention a .531 SL, .910 OPS, and 9 SB in 45 games. Those would be stellar numbers for anyone, but we're talking about a middle infielder, not a corner OFer.

  5. #405

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    I guess you guys are right. I just still never felt like he justified a #1 prospect hype. And I thought it showed when he came into the Bigs last year when he could barely make contact.

    Do you guys feel he will rebound and be a star in MLB for the White Sox?

  6. #406
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Above Balducci's

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I guess you guys are right. I just still never felt like he justified a #1 prospect hype. And I thought it showed when he came into the Bigs last year when he could barely make contact.

    Do you guys feel he will rebound and be a star in MLB for the White Sox?
    A 21 year old that jumped from AA to the Majors with maybe 200 plate appearances in AA.

    He will start making contact and he's going to be top 5 second basemen within a couple of years.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

  7. #407

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTravis View Post
    A 21 year old that jumped from AA to the Majors with maybe 200 plate appearances in AA.

    He will start making contact and he's going to be top 5 second basemen within a couple of years.
    Or, he could be the next Andy Marte, god rest his soul.

  8. #408

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I guess you guys are right. I just still never felt like he justified a #1 prospect hype. And I thought it showed when he came into the Bigs last year when he could barely make contact.

    Do you guys feel he will rebound and be a star in MLB for the White Sox?
    Yes.

  9. #409

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTravis View Post
    A 21 year old that jumped from AA to the Majors with maybe 200 plate appearances in AA.

    He will start making contact and he's going to be top 5 second basemen within a couple of years.
    I hope he is top 2. Right behind our 2nd baseman. Mateo. :-)

  10. #410

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    wtf is that ?

  11. #411

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    We caught up with Domingo Acevedo the other day and talked about 2016, the offseason and this coming season.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/inter...7-season-19264
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  12. #412

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    We caught up with Domingo Acevedo the other day and talked about 2016, the offseason and this coming season.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/inter...7-season-19264
    I love hearing that El Duque was helping him out this offseason.

  13. #413

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    We caught up with Domingo Acevedo the other day and talked about 2016, the offseason and this coming season.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/inter...7-season-19264
    Good stuff. Thanks. His delivery looks nice. Hopefully going forward his control settles down. Could be a future ACE in the making with that velocity.

  14. #414

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    We caught up with Domingo Acevedo the other day and talked about 2016, the offseason and this coming season.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/inter...7-season-19264
    Delivery looks extremely similar to Pineda's.

  15. #415

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Sure. I read reports. And stats. Never saw him play in person, but it appeared he had a contact problem. He wasnt steller in AA either. .277 BA.

    I just never felt like he was the best prospect in baseball. And only there because he played for Boston.
    Man, that is either some of the most obvious/awful cherrypicking of stats or you simply did not read reports, stats or essentially know much of anything about Moncada.

    He hit .277.... but his OBP was .379 while slugging .531 at AA as a 20-year-old. Also, he stole 45 bases split between A+ and AA. That's a middle infielder OPSing .920 for the year, including a .294 AVG and .427 OBP while slugging .500+ in A+ over 60 games.

    Yeah, it was just because he's a Red Sox. I know it's the in thing to do, but plenty of Sox prospects are legit, even if a handful get unjustifiably ballwashed from time to time.

    Moncada was an elite prospect well deserving of top rankings. A bad cup of coffee in the majors does not change that and it's silly to take anything of substance away from those at bats.

  16. #416
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by metalboy15 View Post
    Delivery looks extremely similar to Pineda's.
    Wow, it really does - start to finish.

  17. #417

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by metalboy15 View Post
    Delivery looks extremely similar to Pineda's.
    Then it should lead to plenty of cement-mixer sliders that end up in the bleachers.

  18. #418
    crescat scientia awy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    before he became the pinata, pineda's one of the best fastball control guys around. it's just that he's dumb as a brick and won't throw his change.
    always reasonable

    Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

  19. #419
    NYYF Cy Young

    oneill96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portlandia, USA.

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    before he became the pinata, pineda's one of the best fastball control guys around. it's just that he's dumb as a brick and won't throw his change.
    I love the guys who are always known for their stuff but never put it together. There is always some organization willing to take a chance on a pitcher that will become a late bloomer. But now, even bad pitchers get paid ridiculous sums. But what are the odds? Pittsburgh got lucky with Nova in that they got a guy who looked good for a small amount of smarts and Ray Searage is as good as a pitching coach gets. Now, this next offseason, some hard luck team with dumb management, will drop a ton on Pineda. I'd like to see him make it through at least five consecutive starts without hang a slider in the 3rd for a three home run.
    Last edited by oneill96; 02-18-17 at 06:38 AM.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

  20. #420

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    I love the guys who are always known for their stuff but never put it together. There is always some organization willing to take a chance on a pitcher that will become a late bloomer. But now, even bad pitchers get paid ridiculous sums. But what are the odds? Pittsburgh got lucky with Nova in that they got a guy who looked good for a small amount of smarts and Ray Searage is as good as a pitching coach gets. Now, this next offseason, some hard luck team with dumb management, will drop a ton on Pineda. I'd like to see him make it through at least five consecutive starts without hang a slider in the 3rd for a three home run.
    Agree about Pineda.

    I know you're only using Nova as an example, but I think you're being unfair to him and giving Searage too much credit. Nova was effective for Pittsburgh from the day he got there, before Searage had a chance to work with him, giving up just 4 runs in 12 innings in his first 2 starts with the Pirates. After Searage worked with him for 2 months, he got hit hard in his last 3 starts of the season, giving up 8 runs in 12 innings. Except for 2012, Nova's ineffectiveness was directly related to injury. His results with the Pirates were achieved after his surgery was well behind him. He had already been showing improvement in July before he left the Yankees.

  21. #421

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Agree about Pineda.

    I know you're only using Nova as an example, but I think you're being unfair to him and giving Searage too much credit. Nova was effective for Pittsburgh from the day he got there, before Searage had a chance to work with him, giving up just 4 runs in 12 innings in his first 2 starts with the Pirates. After Searage worked with him for 2 months, he got hit hard in his last 3 starts of the season, giving up 8 runs in 12 innings. Except for 2012, Nova's ineffectiveness was directly related to injury. His results with the Pirates were achieved after his surgery was well behind him. He had already been showing improvement in July before he left the Yankees.
    Agreed.

    I knew Nova would excel in Pittsburgh more than NY much like AJ did. And to be honest with you, I think NL teams should be all in on Pineda if he was available for trade. I could see him being dominant in lets say a St Louis or even Colorado or San Fran.

  22. #422

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Yankees To Sign LHP Jon Niese
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/repor...ilb-deal-19328

    Good depth move gives them an MLB-experienced LHP for AAA that can spot start and work out of the bullpen.

    In other news, we just upgraded our hosting at Pinstriped Prospects. Let me know if you guys experience any issues.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  23. #423

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Except for 2012, Nova's ineffectiveness was directly related to injury. His results with the Pirates were achieved after his surgery was well behind him. He had already been showing improvement in July before he left the Yankees.
    your revisionist history and utter blindness in evaluating Nova is so absurd I have to start wondering if you are Nova's agent or Ivan himself. Right. When he stinks it's because he is still coming back from TjS. When he is good, hes healthy.

    There's no possible way you can back up the bolded with facts. Weve been down this road so many times. Just stop. Please God. Nova is a below average starting pitcher. He is, at best, a backend starter who can provide league average performance.

  24. #424
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Yankees To Sign LHP Jon Niese
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/repor...ilb-deal-19328

    Good depth move gives them an MLB-experienced LHP for AAA that can spot start and work out of the bullpen.

    In other news, we just upgraded our hosting at Pinstriped Prospects. Let me know if you guys experience any issues.

    I wonder if he has an "out" in his contract that takes effect the end of March or so. I really wonder if Niese will pitch in AAA.

  25. #425

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    I wonder if he has an "out" in his contract that takes effect the end of March or so. I really wonder if Niese will pitch in AAA.
    I got a feeling somehow he will make it up to the Bronx.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 6 guests)

  1. rpimpsner
  2. ICEBERG18
  3. Yankfan55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts