+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 242 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 6037
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Funny how everyone else loves our prospects but the list makers seem to miss so many? http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...tLUwfPkWTsf.97

  2. #2

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Woohoo, new thread!

    Who else is excited for a new year of prospect watching?
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  3. #3

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    First new story of the year.

    This is a profile of Thairo Estrada.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...-estrada-18659

    We will be doing a bunch of these profiles this month.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  4. #4
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    First new story of the year.

    This is a profile of Thairo Estrada.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...-estrada-18659

    We will be doing a bunch of these profiles this month.
    Keep them coming. It's still a looooonnnnngggggg ~6 weeks to Pitchers & Catchers.

  5. #5

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Keep them coming. It's still a looooonnnnngggggg ~6 weeks to Pitchers & Catchers.
    Will do, we are going to have at least one going a day from now until ST starts. Will also have more 2016 year in review pieces going out this week
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  6. #6

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Next profile on the list is Nick Solak

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...ck-solak-18669
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Next profile on the list is Nick Solak

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...ck-solak-18669
    Solak is an interesting prospect. He's an OBP machine. Is his defense at 2B adequate enough for him to play there at the MLB level? Otherwise he could be Refsnyder 2.0.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Solak is an interesting prospect. He's an OBP machine. Is his defense at 2B adequate enough for him to play there at the MLB level? Otherwise he could be Refsnyder 2.0.


    I caught a few games in Staten Island this year. He can handle the position. Decent range, can turn the DP, enough arm for the position. I sometimes wondered if he just got a bad rap in School that stuck with him.

  9. #9

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Solak is an interesting prospect. He's an OBP machine. Is his defense at 2B adequate enough for him to play there at the MLB level? Otherwise he could be Refsnyder 2.0.
    He is def better than Ref.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    He is def better than Ref.
    At 2B (i.e., defensively)?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    At 2B (i.e., defensively)?

    Yes. Especially at turning the DP. No hesitation at all. Unlike Refsnyder.

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Someone I am excited to follow this year is Taylor Widener - his numbers were insane last year in 38 IP.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...y&mobile=false

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Someone I am excited to follow this year is Taylor Widener - his numbers were insane last year in 38 IP.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...y&mobile=false
    I agree and another velo jump guy.

  14. #14

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Yes. Especially at turning the DP. No hesitation at all. Unlike Refsnyder.
    Agree 100%; he is an average defensive 2B. RefA ref is below-Avg at the position. I feel Solak could move quickly if they choose to challenge him. I think he needs to start at Tampa.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  15. #15

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Someone I am excited to follow this year is Taylor Widener - his numbers were insane last year in 38 IP.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...y&mobile=false
    Big fan of him, I think he can move fast.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  16. #16

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Big fan of him, I think he can move fast.
    As a starter or reliever?

    Thanks again for all the profiles-- awesome job!
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

  17. #17

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan View Post
    As a starter or reliever?

    Thanks again for all the profiles-- awesome job!
    I have only seen him as a reliever. I'd like to see him try starting but I think he is more likely a reliever long-term.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Gary: Who is the next top Yankee prospect behind the big guys (frazier, gleyber, rutherford)?

    Eric A Longenhagen: The “big guys” in that system might run 10 deep. I think Albert Abreu is a top 100 prospect


    Terry: Can D Fowler be a legit CF of the future for the Yanks?

    Eric A Longenhagen: I think so, average everyday guy for me.

  19. #19
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Agree 100%; he is an average defensive 2B. RefA ref is below-Avg at the position. I feel Solak could move quickly if they choose to challenge him. I think he needs to start at Tampa.
    I would really love for the Yankees to have Solak skip Charleston and start 2017 in Tampa. That would be a good challenge for him. And his type of skills - making contact, driving the ball in the gaps,, hitting to all fields, should play well in that League.


    I think it comes down to how the Yankees want to handle the Holder-Park issue, since both played 2B as well as SS in Charleston last year.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..



  21. #21

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    I have only seen him as a reliever. I'd like to see him try starting but I think he is more likely a reliever long-term.
    He was primarily a reliever for all 3 of his years in college. He has very little experience starting.

  22. #22

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    I would really love for the Yankees to have Solak skip Charleston and start 2017 in Tampa. That would be a good challenge for him. And his type of skills - making contact, driving the ball in the gaps,, hitting to all fields, should play well in that League.


    I think it comes down to how the Yankees want to handle the Holder-Park issue, since both played 2B as well as SS in Charleston last year.
    I agree. His college experience and high level amateur experience (Cape Cod League) should be taken into consideration.

  23. #23

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    He was primarily a reliever for all 3 of his years in college. He has very little experience starting.
    Neither did Holder or Whitley; both had time in the rotation.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  24. #24

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    I would really love for the Yankees to have Solak skip Charleston and start 2017 in Tampa. That would be a good challenge for him. And his type of skills - making contact, driving the ball in the gaps,, hitting to all fields, should play well in that League.


    I think it comes down to how the Yankees want to handle the Holder-Park issue, since both played 2B as well as SS in Charleston last year.
    Park should repeat SAL, have Holder-Solak at the DP combo in Tampa in 2016.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  25. #25
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Park should repeat SAL, have Holder-Solak at the DP combo in Tampa in 2016.
    if Park repeats the Sally League, how does this fit with Wilkerman? Can't imagine they will have him in SS ball a 3rd year?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 23 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 22 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts