+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 207 208 209 210
Results 5,226 to 5,244 of 5244
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

Bird 2-2 with 2 walks tonight.

Guzman. 6 IP 3H 1BB 0R 7K

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Guzman. 6 IP 3H 1BB 0R 7K
    Anytime the Astros want to trade low-level arms for expendable/superfluous ML talent in the future, I'm game. Anytime. I don't even have to research the guys.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Gilliam: 1-3, 2B, 2 BB

I have a notebook coming out in the morning with some info on the Staten Island Yankees pitching staff including some thoughts from pitching coach Travis Phelps and manager Julio Mosquera.

Also a little tid bit from Glenn Otto and news on Drew Finley is in it.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Anytime the Astros want to trade low-level arms for expendable/superfluous ML talent in the future, I'm game. Anytime. I don't even have to research the guys.
    Seriously, we need to trade with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Based on what I have been told by someone with inside knowledge, I would not hold your breath waiting for any imminent changes in the Yankee front office.
    Sounds about right.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    I have a notebook coming out in the morning with some info on the Staten Island Yankees pitching staff including some thoughts from pitching coach Travis Phelps and manager Julio Mosquera.

Also a little tid bit from Glenn Otto and news on Drew Finley is in it.

Looking forward to reading it.

Personally, I would like to know what's the real story with Delgano and DeCarr. Those guys forgot where home plate is?

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Looking forward to reading it.

Personally, I would like to know what's the real story with Delgano and DeCarr. Those guys forgot where home plate is?
    Sadly won't be able to much on Degano, he is declining all interviews as of right now. DeCarr I chatted with briefly yesterday, I will have a more in depth convo in the next couple of weeks though.

Here is the Staten Island Yankees notebook on our pitching staff. A lot of good information in there from pitching coach Travis Phelps and Julio Mosquera, also an update on Drew Finley.

http://pinstripedprospects.com/si-ya...hut-down-25214
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Looks like there were a few really good pitching performances across the board last night.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Looks like there were a few really good pitching performances across the board last night.
    That seems to be the case almost on a nightly basis. Thankfully, the proper people were put in charge of the Minor League System over the past few years, and the results have been startling, especially on the development side.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Sadly won't be able to much on Degano, he is declining all interviews as of right now. DeCarr I chatted with briefly yesterday, I will have a more in depth convo in the next couple of weeks though.

Here is the Staten Island Yankees notebook on our pitching staff. A lot of good information in there from pitching coach Travis Phelps and Julio Mosquera, also an update on Drew Finley.

http://pinstripedprospects.com/si-ya...hut-down-25214
    Robert;

Good read. Thanks for posting.

DePaula and Guzman make for real solid pitching for the playoffs, which are a best of 3 affair. For the first round, my guess is they get the 1st 2 games, with Stephan/Otto going the 3rd, if need be.

That seems to be the case almost on a nightly basis. Thankfully, the proper people were put in charge of the Minor League System over the past few years, and the results have been startling, especially on the development side.
    Yet as soon as someone gets near to being called up because they're lights out in AAA, we hear that they're one pitch short or don't have an out pitch or something like that. It's hard to tell if anything close to another Severino is coming along in the system or not.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Yet as soon as someone gets near to being called up because they're lights out in AAA, we hear that they're one pitch short or don't have an out pitch or something like that. It's hard to tell if anything close to another Severino is coming along in the system or not.

No doubt you are referring to Adams. But he will soon get it, and along with Sheffield and the others, the reinforcements will be ready. Not for 2017, but surely in time for 2019 and afterwards.

No doubt you are referring to Adams. But he will soon get it, and along with Sheffield and the others, the reinforcements will be ready. Not for 2017, but surely in time for 2019 and afterwards.
    After Adams, who has the greatest potential to be an impact starter?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Chance's line last night: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Robert;

Good read. Thanks for posting.

DePaula and Guzman make for real solid pitching for the playoffs, which are a best of 3 affair. For the first round, my guess is they get the 1st 2 games, with Stephan/Otto going the 3rd, if need be.
    That would be my hope. As I said before it is amazing to think that Daniel Alvarez is the worst starting pitcher in our staff.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    After Adams, who has the greatest potential to be an impact starter?

Acevedo. Especially if everything breaks right with his development of his secondary pitches. The fact that he throws 100+, and has good- very good control is a plus in his corner.

I like R. Herrara, D. German and Sheffield among the upper-level guys. D. Tate, if he stays healthy, can be included in that group. Camarena and Koerner are a level below, IMO. Cortes intrigues me, although I do not think this yanking around from team to team, from starter to reliever to starter is very conducive to furthering his career.

Lower level guys (at least 2+ years away) include Swanson (really seems to have his act together). Need to see more of him, but his control is excellent for Tampa this year. I like B. Keller - that' sreal value from a 39th rounder. Josh Rodgers is hurt, but he has been really solid until except for 12 start with Trenton. Love A. Abreu.

Can't say much on the rookie league or other short season leagues yet. It is difficult to make a judgement before seeing these guys play a full season league.

NYYF Legend

Cortijo: 4 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K

Thread Information