+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 248 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 245 246 247 248
Results 6,176 to 6,194 of 6194
  1. #6176

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Begining January 1 we will be releasing out Top 75 Yankees prospects list with profiles on each of the Top 75.

    From now until then we will be sharing profiles of players who are not in our Top 75

    Here are the first two.
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...gomez-2-27952/

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...palma-2-27963/
    75 deep! Man, that's awesome. Looking forward to it, Robert.

  2. #6177
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Begining January 1 we will be releasing out Top 75 Yankees prospects list with profiles on each of the Top 75.

    From now until then we will be sharing profiles of players who are not in our Top 75

    Here are the first two.
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...gomez-2-27952/

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...palma-2-27963/

    These2 have all the talent in the world, but need to put it together. Stating the obvious. I am hoping that Gomez makes enough contact on a consistent basis to become a legitimate prospect, and a "piece" for the future. They sure paid enough for him!! Palma seems to trending in the right direction. I saw him for 2 games in 2016. He does look like weight could be an issue in the future if he does not work out on a regular basis.

  3. #6178

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    75 deep! Man, that's awesome. Looking forward to it, Robert.
    We had about 100 players in our initial list. Eventually, we will have profiles on every player in the organization, all 340 of them.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  4. #6179

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Whenever I list NY's best pitching prospects, I don't include Taylor Widener, but it seems like that is my error. Here are some impressive words about him from a scout on Twitter, also I didn't quite register that he is NY's 14th prospect on mlb.com already:

    ""He was in Tampa last year (High-A) but I think he could've progressed further in the system. His velocity continues to increase and I love his three pitch mix (fastball, slider, changeup). He does need some fine tuning but he doesn't get nearly the amount of love he deserves."

    "When I look at the NYY SP depth, Widener is up there. I have [Justus] Sheffield, [Albert] Abreu and [Freicer] Perez as my top three. I would put Widener behind that trio and [Domingo] Acevedo but above [Chance] Adams."

    I asked him to expand on Adams' placement: "It's not that I don't think he'll succeed. I absolutely love his makeup. He's a bulldog on the mound and competes hard. But the other guys are starters for me. I just see Adams as a reliever.""

    https://twitter.com/RealDanFederico/...79662337388544

  5. #6180
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Whenever I list NY's best pitching prospects, I don't include Taylor Widener, but it seems like that is my error. Here are some impressive words about him from a scout on Twitter, also I didn't quite register that he is NY's 14th prospect on mlb.com already:

    ""He was in Tampa last year (High-A) but I think he could've progressed further in the system. His velocity continues to increase and I love his three pitch mix (fastball, slider, changeup). He does need some fine tuning but he doesn't get nearly the amount of love he deserves."

    "When I look at the NYY SP depth, Widener is up there. I have [Justus] Sheffield, [Albert] Abreu and [Freicer] Perez as my top three. I would put Widener behind that trio and [Domingo] Acevedo but above [Chance] Adams."

    I asked him to expand on Adams' placement: "It's not that I don't think he'll succeed. I absolutely love his makeup. He's a bulldog on the mound and competes hard. But the other guys are starters for me. I just see Adams as a reliever.""

    https://twitter.com/RealDanFederico/...79662337388544
    Thanks for posting that.

  6. #6181

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Begining January 1 we will be releasing out Top 75 Yankees prospects list with profiles on each of the Top 75.

    From now until then we will be sharing profiles of players who are not in our Top 75

    Here are the first two.
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...gomez-2-27952/

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...palma-2-27963/
    Great stuff as always man.

  7. #6182

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Thanks guys

    Today we have two more profiles on the site.

    One on catcher, Hemmanuel Rosario
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...rosario-27954/

    The second one on Erik Swanson
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...anson-2-27950/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  8. #6183

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Thanks guys

    Today we have two more profiles on the site.

    One on catcher, Hemmanuel Rosario
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...rosario-27954/

    The second one on Erik Swanson
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...anson-2-27950/
    Swanson is intriguing. I wouldn't mind the Yankees moving him to the pen full time and see if he takes off. If he does, he could be a piece for the future or a very nice piece in a trade.

  9. #6184

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Swanson is intriguing. I wouldn't mind the Yankees moving him to the pen full time and see if he takes off. If he does, he could be a piece for the future or a very nice piece in a trade.
    See, that's the evil empire version of the Yankee fan coming back. Nice prospect? Trade chip.

  10. #6185

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Here is one of my personal favs in the Yankees organization, Brandon Wagner.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...-wagner-27969/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  11. #6186

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Here is one of my personal favs in the Yankees organization, Brandon Wagner.

    http://pinstripedprospects.com/pinst...-wagner-27969/
    These prospect reviews are terrific. Thank you

  12. #6187

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    These prospect reviews are terrific. Thank you
    You're welcome, glad you guys are enjoying them. We have about 130 of them planned between now and the start of Spring Training. Once we have our player database up and running we will have one for all 340 players in the organization on their player pages.

    Speaking of, we are finalizing the data we are going to include in our database and want to know what you guys would like to see.

    Right now we have all the usual data (Position, Height, Weight, Bat, Throw, etc.)

    Plus:

    Class (2017 Draft, 2017 IFA, etc)
    Acquired (Free Agent, Trade, etc)
    Rule 5 Year
    Free Agent Year
    ETA
    40-Man Status
    Bio
    Scouting Report
    Player Photo Gallery
    Player News (Only PP articles that the player is mentioned in)
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  13. #6188

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    You're welcome, glad you guys are enjoying them. We have about 130 of them planned between now and the start of Spring Training. Once we have our player database up and running we will have one for all 340 players in the organization on their player pages.

    Speaking of, we are finalizing the data we are going to include in our database and want to know what you guys would like to see.

    Right now we have all the usual data (Position, Height, Weight, Bat, Throw, etc.)

    Plus:

    Class (2017 Draft, 2017 IFA, etc)
    Acquired (Free Agent, Trade, etc)
    Rule 5 Year
    Free Agent Year
    ETA
    40-Man Status
    Bio
    Scouting Report
    Player Photo Gallery
    Player News (Only PP articles that the player is mentioned in)
    Outside of video for the prospects that you guys have video on, seems that you guys have pretty much covered it all and then some.

  14. #6189

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Outside of video for the prospects that you guys have video on, seems that you guys have pretty much covered it all and then some.
    We are working on expanded video content in 2018 as well. I am planning on being in Tampa for a week for MiLB ST where I will get a ton of video.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  15. #6190

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  16. #6191
    Yogi Buck
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Florida

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    You're welcome, glad you guys are enjoying them. We have about 130 of them planned between now and the start of Spring Training. Once we have our player database up and running we will have one for all 340 players in the organization on their player pages.

    Speaking of, we are finalizing the data we are going to include in our database and want to know what you guys would like to see.

    Right now we have all the usual data (Position, Height, Weight, Bat, Throw, etc.)

    Plus:

    Class (2017 Draft, 2017 IFA, etc)
    Acquired (Free Agent, Trade, etc)
    Rule 5 Year
    Free Agent Year
    ETA
    40-Man Status
    Bio
    Scouting Report
    Player Photo Gallery
    Player News (Only PP articles that the player is mentioned in)
    dob, age

    For Pitchers, where the FB sits and tops out.

    Grades for different pitches.

    For position players, grades for speed, power, arm, hit tool etc.
    [B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

    Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

  17. #6192

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Quote Originally Posted by budstinks View Post
    dob, age

    For Pitchers, where the FB sits and tops out.

    Grades for different pitches.

    For position players, grades for speed, power, arm, hit tool etc.
    Thanks
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  18. #6193

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Happy New Year everyone!

    With it being January, it is time for us to release our Top 75 Yankees Prospects. We are releasing the list one profile at a time throughout the entire month of January.

    We started this morning with the #75 Prospect in the organization, read about right-handed pitcher Kaleb Ort here:
    https://pinstripedprospects.com/top-...leb-ort-27947/

    Check out the profile on the Yankees #74 prospect, Junior Soto
    https://pinstripedprospects.com/top-...or-soto-27940/

    And here is our profile on the Yankees #73 prospect, Gustavo Campero
    https://pinstripedprospects.com/top-...campero-27959/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

  19. #6194
    NYYF Legend

    BomberBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Eastchester, NY

    Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

    Very happy to see these two remain in the organization after all the other departures.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 11 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts