+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 173 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4310
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

acevedo got bent over the table and absolutely taken to town tonight... adams didn't fare much better

tate and finley with ok outings... overall, a meh day for our young arms
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I Think that's your gig. I think you're the Grudge Master/Spin doctor who's reply posts are revenge fueled and full of malice toward a chosen few who have questioned your views.
    You have two sets of stats stating different things. Truth is every player is different and i believe Didi's body type will let him peak in his 30-32 seasons.
    Yeah no. Look in the mirror.

I question your velo readings, times to first, etc. when they clash with what I've heard. There's plenty of examples. Your response is to get defensive, make weird insults and try to pile on by desperately piggybacking off any poster who disagrees with me. It's clockwork, predictable and boring.

Like suggesting Didi would peak in his 30s.

Saying Littell struggles to hit 90 mph and sits 88 is something I question. Recent reports had him in the mid-90s. Sorry you can't deal with that. I had the same feeling about people suggesting Sheffield - a guy who has long been 92-96 - suddenly couldn't hit low 90s.

Your response to criticism is some wacky "you're a spin master!" BS. Have fun with that. I'll be over here working with rationality and leave the emotional outbursts to you.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I was at the game and the HP Ump had a very wide strike zone (all night, for everyone). Florial fell victim to that for sure.
    I agree but they went up the ladder twice on him.

NYYF Legend

Indeed. He looked stupified by the umps call. But, you're right, he needs better pitch recognition.
    There's a fat old lady outside the saloon, laying out the credit cards she plays Fortune.
    The deck is uneven right from the start, and all of their hands are playing apart

NYYF Legend

Indeed. He looked stupified by the umps call. But, you're right, he needs better pitch recognition.
    There's a fat old lady outside the saloon, laying out the credit cards she plays Fortune.
    The deck is uneven right from the start, and all of their hands are playing apart

NYYF Legend

Wagner goes deep and the Dogs are on the board. I"ll tell ya I don't know if Ryan Lidge can hit or not but he is warming up the BP, he can frame well and recieve real well.
    Wagner has been mashing in July.

Was somewhat strange for me that someone that was drafted primarily for his power was showing good contact and on base skills but no power.

4 of his 6 home runs have come in the last 9 days.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post

I question your velo readings, times to first, etc. when they clash with what I've heard. There's plenty of examples. Your response is to get defensive, make weird insults and try to pile on by desperately piggybacking off any poster who disagrees with me. It's clockwork, predictable and boring.

Saying Littell struggles to hit 90 mph and sits 88 is something I question. Recent reports had him in the mid-90s. Sorry you can't deal with that. I had the same feeling about people suggesting Sheffield - a guy who has long been 92-96 - suddenly couldn't hit low 90s.

Your response to criticism is some wacky "you're a spin master!" BS. Have fun with that. I'll be over here working with rationality and leave the emotional outbursts to you.
    You are kidding? Lets be honest here Mel. Where did i say in the post he struggled? I posted the posted speeds, LOL This is you, classic twisting? Did you factor in it was a super humid night and raining? Did you factor in he may have better movement at that speed? No, you do as you always do, paint a picture in your head and bust the balls to your unchosen few.
    Mel you are so transparent. If your goal is to prove me wrong maybe go to more games and you can see for yourself. Today is the Yard Goats..I know you won't go, you just want to get your jollies BB's. Have at it dude. Sorry, that you believe i go to games and report false reading but you seem to live for it..#SAD

Make the Yankees great again!!

I can understand why Yankyfan has an issue with some of your posts. Earlier this year I attended a Trenton game in which Sheffeld started and was lit up. I reported that he was registering 90/91 on the scoreboard radar gun and also had some readings in the high 80s. I also reported that I was dubious regarding those readings as I heard he sat 94/95 so I took a walk to the scouts section behind the plate and to my surprise their readings were consistent with the scoreboard. I have no idea why Sheffeld's velocity was off that night, perhaps it was the cold weather in April or maybe he was working on something. Nevertheless you immediately cast doubt on my story as if I have nothing to do with my time post BS in this forum. It came across as if you were questioning my integrity which I found insulting.

NYYF Legend

Down a 4 spot in first in Hartford. Update Fleming hits a bomb to dead center 4-1

NYYF Legend

Thunder answer with 3 in t2 then Brody gives up dinger to Brendon Ryan.
    Last edited by Yankyfan; 07-16-17 at 02:24 PM.

Clarkin with a don't forget about me start with Tampa.

7 IP 2 ER 7K 1BB. 101 P 65S..

Yankees will have to make a decision on him pertaining to rule 5.

NYYF Legend

Rony Garcia

6IP, 1H, 0ER, 3BB, 5SO

He's 19 years old pitching in low-A.

Rutherford with an opposite-field HR.
    Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers- George Carlin

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post

I think you have to either protect him or trade him. Someone will definitely claim him.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I think you have to either protect him or trade him. Someone will definitely claim him.
    Im willing to trade him
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    Wagner has been mashing in July.

Was somewhat strange for me that someone that was drafted primarily for his power was showing good contact and on base skills but no power.

4 of his 6 home runs have come in the last 9 days.
    Always been a very big fan of his swing.
    Calmer than you are

Dermis still strikes out quite a bit, but he seems to be having a decent season.

.363 OBP, .856 OPS.

77 AB, 27 K, 12 BB (49 ABs, 15 Ks in July).

Also SSS, but OPS is .998 on the road.
    Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers- George Carlin

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Always been a very big fan of his swing.
    He has a good approach and doesn't doesn't get cheated.

I am glad to see Caleb Smith get a shot. As a power lefty out of the pen he maybe useful.

A few Scouts at the game today in Hartford. The same Mets scout from Coke a Cola who likes Jake Cave ,one from The Bucs and one from the A's, who i said,"I guess your heavy lifting is done.". He said with a smile "you never know."..
    Hartfords D and D Park is nice and new, the city back drop is neat, sort of Pittsburg-ish, but I liked Lakewood better. Super clean, Easy parking and open areas. For a Mid A park top notch. JMO

You are kidding? Lets be honest here Mel. Where did i say in the post he struggled? I posted the posted speeds, LOL This is you, classic twisting? Did you factor in it was a super humid night and raining? Did you factor in he may have better movement at that speed? No, you do as you always do, paint a picture in your head and bust the balls to your unchosen few.
    Mel you are so transparent. If your goal is to prove me wrong maybe go to more games and you can see for yourself. Today is the Yard Goats..I know you won't go, you just want to get your jollies BB's. Have at it dude. Sorry, that you believe i go to games and report false reading but you seem to live for it..#SAD
    You graded Taylor Dugas as an 80 runner. That's all I have to say about your scouting reports.

There's the time you discounted reports that Montgomery's velo had spiked to 92-95 last year and you clung to your inside reports that he was a high-80s to low 90s guy. Cut to this year, where from spring training on he has consistently been a 92-94 guy who hit 95 many times. The list goes on and on. When your comments fly in the face of other reports (particularly pro writers), I become skeptical. This isn't about you, believe it or not. I react that way to any poster who does so.

Nothing to spin or to complicate here. If I personally go against pro reports or consensus in the game about Player X feel free to question me. I can handle it. If I'm wrong so be it.

NYYF Legend

You graded Taylor Dugas as an 80 runner. That's all I have to say about your scouting reports.

There's saying Montgomery was a high-80s guy, discounting reporters when people said his velo had jumped up to 92-95. Cut to this year, where from spring training on he has consistently been a 92-94 guy who hit 95 many times. The list goes on and on. When your comments fly in the face of other reports (particularly pro writers), I become skeptical.

Nothing to spin or to complicate here. If I personally go against pro reports feel free to question me. I can handle it. If I'm wrong so be it.
    What ever Mel. Again, i posted my times from contact to bag with a stop watch and also said it's not official but what i clocked him at, Never said he was an 80 runner. More Spin. Many players in the minors from the left post under 3.9 to first W/O being 80 runners.
    Montgomery's MPH readings were as posted by myself and others here from the park gun reading.
    If you really looked into where a lot of your so called experts get their info you might be surprised. I have more time following this team and its system then most of your so called experts. I also follow one system not every team and every league, whether you agree or not. FACT!! You Mel want to post your rehashed info and not be questioned thats fine.
    Again why don't you build your own foundation instead of trying to prove me wrong? You may find the truth you so seek. But again I think you are a little man just getting his jollies BBing.

What ever Mel. Again, i posted my times from contact to bag with a stop watch and also said it's not official but what i clocked him at, Never said he was an 80 runner. More Spin. Many players in the minors from the left post under 3.9 to first W/O being 80 runners.
    Montgomery's MPH readings were as posted by myself and others here from the park gun reading.
    If you really looked into where a lot of your so called experts get their info you might be surprised. I have more time following this team and its system then most of your so called experts. I also follow one system not every team and every league, whether you agree or not. FACT!! You Mel want to post your rehashed info and not be questioned thats fine.
    Again why don't you build your own foundation instead of trying to prove me wrong? You may find the truth you so seek. But again I think you are a little man just getting his jollies BBing.
    I am a "little man" because I disagree with your opinion. The irony of your little man syndrome is hysterical.

And no, many runners do not run under 3.9 to first. Those who do are 80 runners (or at the very least 70, neither of which are Dugas). The three fastest players in MLB: only Billy Burns had a sub-3.90 second average time to first *in 2015. Billy Hamilton's was 3.95 sec.

NYYF Legend

Anyone has the scouting report of Pablo Olivares? He's a 2014 IFA class signing who is doing well in Pulaski. Could be a breakout candidate next year.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post

Not much of one.

Im thinking he gets traded though.

Edit: Forgot to post about the peerless Jorge Mateo........beast.

NYYF Legend

Hebert: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

I am a "little man" because I disagree with your opinion. The irony of your little man syndrome is hysterical.

And no, many runners do not run under 3.9 to first. Those who do are 80 runners (or at the very least 70, neither of which are Dugas). The three fastest players in MLB: only Billy Burns had a sub-3.90 second average time to first *in 2015. Billy Hamilton's was 3.95 sec.
    Again Mel you got me. Your right i'm wrong. I go to games and make up pitch speeds and everyone who is 3.9 to first is an 80 runner. You have so much to learn. Again build your own foundation from your observations and we'll talk. Until then i'll just view you as a BB.
    Mel , How was the movie? It was terrible.. Oh, you saw the movie? No, but the reviews were bad...OK

Thread Information