+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 141 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3525
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    It seems like every home run Frazier hits is to far left field. Is he an extreme pull hitter/ is there any worry about that?
    For homers he pulls the ball, but his spray chart shows him singling/doubling all over the field:

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    AAA:

Frazier (22): .260/.350/.494/.844
    Torres (20): .309/.406/.457/.863
    Fowler (22): .297/.337/.536/.873
    Wade (22): .326/.386/.469/.855

What are the chances all are on the big team next year?

NYYF Legend

By contrast, here's Fowler's spray chart, which shows almost all of his XBH ability being pull-oriented:

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    By contrast, here's Fowler's spray chart, which shows almost all of his XBH ability being pull-oriented:

Well that's even more worrisome! Would you say Frazier's chart is typical for an elite minor league player? In that power the other way is rare at that age?

How come orozco was sent to EST?
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

NYYF Legend

Frawley, second verse same as the first.

2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan View Post
    How come orozco was sent to EST?
    He's going to be in Staten Island when they start up.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    What are the chances all are on the big team next year?

https://youtu.be/2V3CfD8TPac
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    Well that's even more worrisome! Would you say Frazier's chart is typical for an elite minor league player? In that power the other way is rare at that age?
    Here's Judge's spray chart from 2015:

And here's Sanchez last year in AAA before his call up:

Here's Judge's spray chart from 2015:

And here's Sanchez last year in AAA before his call up:

Good point. Judge's is a little better than Frazier's, but not too different. Florial's this year is pretty amazingly balanced.

Richmond Virginians

Some photos from the SI Yanks work out today.

http://pinstripedprospects.com/?p=23407&preview=true

Wilkerman was working out at shortstop and third base. Cabrera moved all over.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Frazier to 1B.
    Calmer than you are

uh there is still a very big difference between judge and frazier's chart in terms of oppo power. Would prob become more stark with height axis, as judge hits a ton of crazy oppo liners, which dont go as far as higher flyballs hit with same force

it's just really unfair to compare anyone to judge tho, he of the on pace for 20 oppo field homers
    Last edited by awy; 06-19-17 at 11:21 AM.
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Billy McKinney hit his 6th HR of the year. He's got a terrible average, but he continues to walk and the power seems to be coming a bit.

He strikes me as a potential Hicks/Alonso breakout-years-down-the-road kind of guy. I can see in 2020 - "It took much longer than anyone expected following the initial surgery, but my knee finally feels completely right and things just took off from there..."
    I came in here just to talk about him. For as crappy a start/year he has had, he has steadily crawled back to respectability with league average stats now.

I thought we should leave him unprotected, but now he's creeping up to must protect land. He is still only 22. Very much still a legit prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Not the way i recall it. .. Pretty sure a hot gun in use. Also before we go other places, what i'm saying is i believe what the poster posted. You questioned it. Thats it

Kaps pre draft SR..http://www.fueledbysports.com/james-...outing-report/
    Then reports of 94-96 topping out even higher after draft...
    Not sure what you're debating. It's out there in black and white repeatedly. Early in UCLA Kap was basically a 90-93 or 91-94 guy. Late in his draft year he threw the no-hitter and saw a spike up to 93-95 topping out at 96. Then, in instructs he jumped up and as a pro he began sitting 95-96 and touching 98 (and supposedly as high as 99 at one point). Those are two separate jumps in velocity that are well documented and undeniable.

Kap did not go from throwing 90-93 hitting 94 to sitting 95+ hitting 98. That was over a period of years

I don't think it was a hot gun. I think Art was off base with his initial statements that Justus was struggling to hit 90 over multiple starts.

E: So, um, which is it then:

Saw a post on another site that said his last FB was 98!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Not sure what you're debating. It's out there in black and white repeatedly. Early in UCLA Kap was basically a 90-93 or 91-94 guy. Late in his draft year he threw the no-hitter and saw a spike up to 93-95 topping out at 96. Then, in instructs he jumped up and as a pro he began sitting 95-96 and touching 98 (and supposedly as high as 99 at one point). Those are two separate jumps in velocity that are well documented and undeniable.

Kap did not go from throwing 90-93 hitting 94 to sitting 95+ hitting 98. That was over a period of years

I don't think it was a hot gun. I think Art was off base with his initial statements that Justus was struggling to hit 90 over multiple starts.

E: So, um, which is it then:
    If Art posted what he saw, i believe him. If a poster posted what he saw at a Yard Goats game i believe him. And if a poster on another site posted his last pitch was 98 i believe him. I believe pitchers for various reasons can show velo spikes.. Not the norm to go from topping out at 94 then going to topping out at 98 but it happens. You question them, I don't
    BTW that was Kaps pre draft SR. Most had him at 92 then in a SS game he was as high as 98.

NYYF Legend

Are any of the draftees still playing in the NCAA tourney?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Are any of the draftees still playing in the NCAA tourney?
    The only one would be Riley Thompson for Louisville, but he doesn't get used much.

If Art posted what he saw, i believe him. If a poster posted what he saw at a Yard Goats game i believe him. And if a poster on another site posted his last pitch was 98 i believe him. I believe pitchers for various reasons can show velo spikes.. Not the norm to go from topping out at 94 then going to topping out at 98 but it happens. You question them, I don't.
    You just did though. You questioned one poster, saying the mid-90s readings on Sheffield's velocity was due to a hot gun but blindly backed Art's post about him struggling to hit 90. Then you backed a different poster who said Sheffield hit 98, two ticks higher than the velocity you arbitrarily criticized. You don't seem to know why or what you think. But, if it means disagreeing with me, then suddenly there's lucidity. Right. lol

BTW that was Kaps pre draft SR. Most had him at 92 then in a SS game he was as high as 98.
    Yeah, that was wayyy pre-draft. It was not in June when he threw the no-hitter - as I clearly stated in my last post - when Kap's velo first spiked up to 93-96 as opposed to anywhere from 89-92 (early in college) and more so 91-93 later at UCLA. The second significant uptick in velocity came the following year with NYY.

Also, that barren SR you used a support did not even record his slider/changeup, two pitches he's thrown his whole college career. Sort of important to include, don't you think. Talk about questionable accuracy in a scouting report.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Some photos from the SI Yanks work out today.

http://pinstripedprospects.com/?p=23407&preview=true

Wilkerman was working out at shortstop and third base. Cabrera moved all over.

Hey Rob;

Isn't it a bit odd that not 1 guy from the 2017 draft is on the SI Yankees? Usually a couple of guys start out there, even though the season starts right after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Hey Rob;

Isn't it a bit odd that not 1 guy from the 2017 draft is on the SI Yankees? Usually a couple of guys start out there, even though the season starts right after the draft.
    Extremely odd, but we still have about 4 open roster spots and I was told guys should be trickling in over the next week.

Also to note Nelson Gomez is starting the season on suspension.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Conor Foley:
    Miguel Andujar is in the RailRiders lineup tonight.

Donnie Collins:
    With Andujar up with SWB, fair to wonder how long Torres will be out. Stood to reason they weren't going to share time at 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Conor Foley:

Donnie Collins:
    With Andujar up with SWB, fair to wonder how long Torres will be out. Stood to reason they weren't going to share time at 3B.
    One goes to NY when they have to make a decision?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Conor Foley:

Donnie Collins:

Nice!!

I wonder who moves into 3rd at Trenton. Don't tell me it's Bichette. From Tampa, Alvarez has not had a performance that deserves a promotion. Maybe Avelino/ Thario get some time there?

Thread Information