+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 223 224 225 226
Results 5,626 to 5,648 of 5648

Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Na. Trade Castro. He's the exactly same guy he was last season.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's the hate on the board for Castro? I think he's a fine player and was an AS this year. If he's the worst player in your infield, you've got a pretty good infield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Wade is the most expendable..he'll likely be traded soon enough. I'd like to see Andujar get the primary DH role next year and take an occasional game at 3rd. There's not many other options and I'd hate to see him raking for another team. I'd also keep Headley and lengthen the bench, but no we have to put eleventy-seven guys in the pen.
    I'd like to keep Wade as the super sub and get rid of Torreyes. I just think Wade has more upside. I agree with you on Andujar. I think there's enough room for all those guys, assuming Headley moves on after next year and Frazier is not brought back.

Andujar, Didi, Torres and ????, left to right.

I would love if the 1B turned out to be Bird, but he needs to stay on the field and hit. I think they need to get insurance this offseason, maybe Duda.

NYYF Legend

I would have to say Law saw Mesa on an off night. In a relief, i would say he had some of the best stuff in the System.

Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's the hate on the board for Castro? I think he's a fine player and was an AS this year. If he's the worst player in your infield, you've got a pretty good infield.
    Same reason people hate on Didi. In their minds he's blocking a prized jewel from ascending and needs to be dealt away.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    No hate. He's been lucky, when you remove that luck (xBA & xwOBA), he's the same player he's always been with defense that is very bad. When you put it together, you get a very much below average player. I would trade high and install a combo of Gley, Wade, and Toe next season.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Na. Trade Castro. He's the exactly same guy he was last season.
    I still think this is what they will do since they are trying to get under the luxury tax threshold next year.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

What's the rush with Andujar? Play Torres at 3B and keep Andujar at AAA using his option years. If anyone in the infield gets hurt, you move Torres to that position (2B or SS) and bring up Andujar.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I still think this is what they will do since they are trying to get under the luxury tax threshold next year.
    They should be easily under it with CC and Arod coming off the books.

Also, we would be very lucky to have a combination of Torres/Wade/Torreyes produce to the level of Castro offensively. We all love Torres, but we actually have no idea what he will be. Give him a shot at 3rd next year first.

Several Yankees prospects were selected in the annual Dominican Winter League draft. Check out who is going where this winter.

http://pinstripedprospects.com/sever...ue-draft-25567
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    They should be easily under it with CC and Arod coming off the books.
    Holliday ain't playing for free this year, either ($13m).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Holliday ain't playing for free this year, either ($13m).
    And possibly Tanaka, if he opts out. ($22 million+)

NYYF Legend

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre season is over. They lost 6 - 4 to Durham tonight.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

So we ended up with 1 championship in the Minors, but excellent seasons up and down the system.

Not bad, overall.

RE: next years payroll- I have to think one of Castro/Headley/Gardner gets traded, and Ells hasn't been doing anything to hurt what little value he had lately, either. A couple of those guys could go, saving another $15m - $20m.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    RE: next years payroll- I have to think one of Castro/Headley/Gardner gets traded, and Ells hasn't been doing anything to hurt what little value he had lately, either. A couple of those guys could go, saving another $15m - $20m.
    Why do we need more salary dumps when ARod, CC and Holiday are all coming off the books, possible Tanaka as well?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

We started our Year-In-Review series.

Up first was the GCL Yankees
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/gulf-...n-review-25581

and the RiverDogs
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/charl...n-review-25585
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Why do we need more salary dumps when ARod, CC and Holiday are all coming off the books, possible Tanaka as well?
    Because payroll will be an issue beyond this offseason, particularly if they do want to sign elite FAs in out years. Plus, resetting the lux tax is the primary goal, but doesn't mean they shouldn't try to avoid going back over it.

If Ells for example has played his way into any sort of trade value where a reasonable cost-saving deal can be made, they'd be foolish not to clear his spot this offseason regardless of whether it is absolutely required to get under the lux threshold.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Scranton/Wilkes-Barre season is over. They lost 6 - 4 to Durham tonight.
    Pretty impressive what they did considering we raided their lineup all year and injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Because payroll will be an issue beyond this offseason, particularly if they do want to sign elite FAs in out years. Plus, resetting the lux tax is the primary goal, but doesn't mean they shouldn't try to avoid going back over it.

If Ells for example has played his way into any sort of trade value where a reasonable cost-saving deal can be made, they'd be foolish not to clear his spot this offseason regardless of whether it is absolutely required to get under the lux threshold.
    Exactly. I wasn't suggesting that any of those guys should be moved purely as a "salary dump". It's about getting some value back and clearing a couple of spots on the roster to make way for younger, cost controlled talent that can hopefully provide equal production.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    We started our Year-In-Review series.

Up first was the GCL Yankees
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/gulf-...n-review-25581

and the RiverDogs
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/charl...n-review-25585
    Looks good so far. Saw that you did another team in the system also.

These are tough to really do well because of all the player movement, so "who" had an impact and "when" is not easy to pin down.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Looks good so far. Saw that you did another team in the system also.

These are tough to really do well because of all the player movement, so "who" had an impact and "when" is not easy to pin down.
    Generally, you go by at-bats or innings. MiLB.com has gotten a lot better with their team leader stats to take into account the at-bat and pitching minimums that each league designates.

NYYF Legend

The three prospects that impressed me most this year were Andujar. As a two way player he was impressive. Torres can get such torque with that swing but was unimpressive at 3rd. Can he improve? Sure, but I see it as a reactive position. Now move him to second and things can change.

On the mound i was impressed by a lot of guys like Guzman, Otto, and Stephan but they are at a lower level then Perez. He Did real well in A ball. The one pitcher i feared would be moved for Grey.

In the pen Mesa looked great. As a starter I never got to see him in that role..

All JMO from this season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    The three prospects that impressed me most this year were Andujar. As a two way player he was impressive. Torres can get such torque with that swing but was unimpressive at 3rd. Can he improve? Sure, but I see it as a reactive position. Now move him to second and things can change.

On the mound i was impressed by a lot of guys like Guzman, Otto, and Stephan but they are at a lower level then Perez. He Did real well in A ball. The one pitcher i feared would be moved for Grey.

In the pen Mesa looked great. As a starter I never got to see him in that role..

All JMO from this season.
    Appreciate the report.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Thread Information