+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 94 95 96 97
Results 2,401 to 2,409 of 2409
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    How long does fowler have to rake in triple A before getting the call up
    It would take a long term injury to one of the Yankee outfielders. They are not going to add him to 40 man roster before they have to. Besides, which Yankee outfielder should be benched?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Just scanned his records. The lack of walks is a bad sign. It's either lack of plate discipline or inability to recognize pitches, but all those extra base hits won't translate to success in the majors if he's going to try to put every pitch into play. Only those who can hit bad pitches in the majors are able to get away with it....Guys like Ruben Sierra and Vlad Guerrero...very rare.
    I agree it's not a good sign, and it makes me apprehensive about Fowler's prospects at the next level, but the outlook is not as dire as you make it out to be. Fowler's BB-rate this year is 5.6%.

Players in the past few years to have high-quality offensive value seasons with a BB-rate in that vicinity include
    • Jose Altuve
    • Xander Bogaerts
    • Starling Marte
    • Nolan Arenado
    • Jean Segura
    • Josh Harrison
    • Yoenis Cespedes
    • Daniel Murphy
    • Marlon Byrd
    • Yadier Molina
    • Adam Jones
    • Ian Desmond
    • Adrian Beltre

Odds are longer because of the lack of OBP skills for sure, but I'm not totally convinced that he's not going to succeed because of it, specifically due to his ability to garner XBH at the insane rate he has for a couple of years now. And especially when you consider that he is a plus defender in CF, his chances to hold a job and contribute positive value to a ML team increase greatly.

But I definitely agree it's a big hurdle for him - it's probably the main reason why, despite liking them both a bunch, I'm significantly higher on Frazier. We shall see soon, though!
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

depends on how real his power is. If he can hit 28 homers with this new flyball swing he's pretty damn good with a 5% bb rate, assuming 10+ runs on defense.

i'd still trade him but preferably after letting him get hot for a stretch in the bigs.
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    It would take a long term injury to one of the Yankee outfielders. They are not going to add him to 40 man roster before they have to. Besides, which Yankee outfielder should be benched?
    I know I know. He's being blocked.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Rob, if the draft was tomorrow who would be your guy? Same for others who post here regularly....
    I'm hoping Alex Faedo falls. Highly unlikely though.

In Order
    David Peterson
    DL Hall
    Trevor Rogers
    Bubba Thompson

NYYF Legend

Blake: 2-4, 2B, SB

Gilliam: 1-3, HR, BB
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    depends on how real his power is. If he can hit 28 homers with this new flyball swing he's pretty damn good with a 5% bb rate, assuming 10+ runs on defense.

i'd still trade him but preferably after letting him get hot for a stretch in the bigs.
    If he's that good on defense, I mean Kiermaier or Pillar level good, I want him patrolling CF at Yankee Stadium regularly lol.

His hand eye coordination is so good at the plate, he probably thinks he could hit any pitch at the moment. Plate selectivity is something that can be gained through experience though. The ability to make consistent hard contact is already there. And the guy is fast.

Fowler's producing a 155 wRC+ and that was before smoking two hard singles tonight. It's over 200 PAs.

Our latest podcast episode, we tried a new way of recording which we hope resulted in a much clearer recording. Let us know what you think.

http://pinstripedprospects.com/podca...s-review-22400

Unfortunately, I am sick and was unable to join the podcast. I am hoping I will be back next week to record.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Thread Information