+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 240 241 242 243
Results 6,051 to 6,068 of 6068

Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

Looks like we have traded Cooper and Smith to the Marlins for Michael King and international bonus pool money.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrFortune3 View Post
    Looks like we have traded Cooper and Smith to the Marlins for Michael King and international bonus pool money.
    King has been the afterthought in this trade, but a deeper look into his stats show an extreme GB pitcher.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    King has been the afterthought in this trade, but a deeper look into his stats show an extreme GB pitcher.
    Nice catch.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...220&position=P
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

I looked at those numbers and initially thought the same thing, but those extreme data points for GB% were posted over a total of 9 innings.

The bulk of his work (149.1 IP) last year was at 55%, which is nice, but not anything extreme in my view. He seems to definitely be a groundball pitcher who works towards contact, though.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Some video of Loaisiga for all you to enjoy

http://pinstripedprospects.com/video...-10-2017-26024
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I looked at those numbers and initially thought the same thing, but those extreme data points for GB% were posted over a total of 9 innings.

The bulk of his work (149.1 IP) last year was at 55%, which is nice, but not anything extreme in my view. He seems to definitely be a groundball pitcher who works towards contact, though.
    It would have been good for 4th in the majors this year. I suppose extreme is subjective, but its still a 2 to 1 ratio in a really healthy sample size in A. There could be more improvement in that area for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post

As Keith Law pointed out, the Yankees have an industry held reputation of increasing the fastball velocity of their pitchers. I have to wonder if they can do the same with this pitcher.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Buster Olney has reported the Yankees have maxed out the amount of IFA money they can acquire from other teams.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    As Keith Law pointed out, the Yankees have an industry held reputation of increasing the fastball velocity of their pitchers. I have to wonder if they can do the same with this pitcher.
    I'm hoping for this with Sears, too...
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Buster Olney has reported the Yankees have maxed out the amount of IFA money they can acquire from other teams.
    Welcome back, old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Welcome back, old friend.
    Thank you, happy to be back!

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Yeah absolutely. Keep ‘em coming Cash. Let’s see what other diamonds you can find over the next few days.
    He needs to sign Now next.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Some video of Loaisiga for all you to enjoy

http://pinstripedprospects.com/video...-10-2017-26024
    Good stuff, Rob. Thanks. Yanks protected him from the Rule 5, which is an indication of how much they like him.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    I think he's going to be that classic uptick is velocity guy and become something intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Good stuff, Rob. Thanks. Yanks protected him from the Rule 5, which is an indication of how much they like him.
    All the scouts that saw him pitch loved him.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Loiasiga is going to move fast next year. We're still gonna get painfully pinched in the Rule 5, but this would have been brutal because he's already a strike-thrower who could probably contribute to a major league pen right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah! View Post
    Loiasiga is going to move fast last year. We're still gonna get painfully pinched in the Rule 5, but this would have been brutal because he's already a strike-thrower who could probably contribute to a major league pen right away.
    Yeah, the stuff and upside is too good to lose to the freakin' Padres. You just know Preller would've popped him in the draft if he could. Agreed, if Loaisiga stays healthy, he should be a fast mover.

Coshow and Cortes are the most likely losses. I like them. But they're bullpen pieces and I can live with it. There's nobody unprotected, particularly pitchers, that has me saying "Damn, this could come back to bite them".

Thread Information