+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 244 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 6088
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 Yankee minor league news and notes..

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Can't imagine that Dante would ever have the bat for 1B.
    He hasn't proven it as of yet and his body language suggests to me it's time to move on...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    Perez unlike Ace has a better handle on his mechanics for a tall pitcher. I value Perez over Ace for that reason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    So right CP!! Why he's in the rotation is beyond me. They left him out there today to suffer then brought him back T6 and have up another dinger. The guy did not progress at all and shouldn't be taking up that spot.
    I think at this point he's in the rotation because there aren't many options left.

Between pitchers that were traded and guys on th DL, would probably be hard to put complete rotations together in Trenton and Scranton without him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    I think at this point he's in the rotation because there aren't many options left.

Between pitchers that were traded and guys on th DL, would probably be hard to put complete rotations together in Trenton and Scranton without him.
    At this time of the season i agree. It's just that i would like to see Carter or even Mesa get a start in AAA. Lail is just filler at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah! View Post
    Dante was great in his draft year, and the problem for awhile was between his father's coaching and Yankee ooaching. I'm surprised he was never thrown into a trade.
    Yeah, I do remember that. There was disagreement between the Yankee side and his dad. Dante Sr pretty much coached his boys. Yankees wanted to alter Jr's swing. From what I gather, the Blue Jays have left Bo alone for the most part.

NYYF Legend

What's the reasoning for not putting Billy McKinney on the 40? When rosters expand, he won't be on the major league team. However, they HAVE to protect him in the offseason. Just replace Austin with McKinney. You aren't going to protect Austin come rule 5 anyway.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    What's the reasoning for not putting Billy McKinney on the 40? When rosters expand, he won't be on the major league team. However, they HAVE to protect him in the offseason. Just replace Austin with McKinney. You aren't going to protect Austin come rule 5 anyway.
    They may have to buy someone's AAA catcher to cover the suspensions? No point in doing it before the 1st anyway right?

NYYF Legend

Gilliam hit his 14th HR today.

Rony Garcia continues an excellent season as a 19 year old in Charleston:

6 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

For his 10 starts in Low-A after getting bumped up from Pulaski:

59.1 IP, 44 H, 13 BB, 44 K, 1.97 ERA
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Nolan Martinez 1st start after being bumped to Pulaski from the GCL:

4 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

NYYF Legend

Guzman took the L today, but even in his non-dominant performance he put up some impressive peripherals.

4 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 7 K

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Perez unlike Ace has a better handle on his mechanics for a tall pitcher. I value Perez over Ace for that reason.
    While this is true, the fact that Acevedo has decent control, and OK command (at worst) leads me to believe he will make it. He does not have the issues Betances had in the Minors.

Nick Solak is thriving in Trenton
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/nick-...l-season-25284
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    To me, the overall question is where does he start next year. I can see a case being made for AAA, but if Thario is protected, along with Wade, it gets crowded there.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    To me, the overall question is where does he start next year. I can see a case being made for AAA, but if Thario is protected, along with Wade, it gets crowded there.
    More than likely he will start in AA again. Which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I really think he will be at least in AAA by the end of the 2018 season.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    More than likely he will start in AA again. Which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I really think he will be at least in AAA by the end of the 2018 season.
    Oh, I agree. He should be in AAA no later than July or so.

NYYF Legend

Canaan Smith in game 1 today: 1-2, BB

Walk rates in the GCL don't mean much historically, but for a prospect that came into pro ball with the reputation for a discerning eye, the fact that he's posted a 19.6% walk rate and a 19.2% K-rate is pretty inspiring.

That walk-rate leads the GCL, he's 3rd in OBP, 14th in SLG, and 3rd in wRC+ (155).

And remember he took a little time getting used to wood bats instead of aluminum.

While this is true, the fact that Acevedo has decent control, and OK command (at worst) leads me to believe he will make it. He does not have the issues Betances had in the Minors.
    Having seen Acevedo many times in person and seeing him pitch in both a starter role and out of the bullpen, I feel he has the ability to start. Also, I am not sure anyone else picked this up when the times he does come out of the bullpen, he is not comfortable. He has trouble finding his rhythm and seems to be very ineffective as a reliever.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Canaan Smith in game 1 today: 1-2, BB

Walk rates in the GCL don't mean much historically, but for a prospect that came into pro ball with the reputation for a discerning eye, the fact that he's posted a 19.6% walk rate and a 19.2% K-rate is pretty inspiring.

That walk-rate leads the GCL, he's 3rd in OBP, 14th in SLG, and 3rd in wRC+ (155).
    He had a 0.435 SLG coming into this game. Surprising that qualifies for top 15.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Power is always tough in the GCL because HS/JUCO kids are so young and adjusting to wood. Simply slugging .500 or posting ISOs over .200 is top of the league territory, usually.

NYYF Legend

Me liking Perez more then Ace is not me saying Ace won't make it. I do feel Ace does have a lot of work in front of him though.

NYYF Legend

Loaisiga pretty intriguing.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Loaisiga pretty intriguing.
    He impressed me in his first start for SI, I talked to him a bit yesterday. He is coming off of TJS and was originally with the Giants.

NYYF Legend

He's yet another short guy posting eye opening results.

Cave is 2-2 so far for SWB,including his 15th HR of the year.

NYYF Legend

Tate:

5.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 4 BB, 6 K

8/1 GO/AO ratio

100 pitches, 61 strikes

Thread Information