+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Is it too early for this? The winter meetings have me all flustered. I wish the season started tomorrow! Anyone looking to make some offseason trades or interested in declaring some possible keepers for the upcoming year? Let's discuss!!! We haven't had a good scrap in a while!
    2014 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball : Miko's Marauders
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 & 2014 Gehrig Division Champs!!!
    2013 & 2014 NYYFans Fantasy Champjon


    Rest in Peace Pete!

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Way too early. Back to hibernation ya filthy animals. Wake me in the spring

  3. #3
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    I'm in! I got some keepers to move.

  4. #4
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    I'm in! I got some keepers to move.
    Me too.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    I'm also available for the draft anytime next week after 7pm eastern. I'd like to make my trades prior to that.

    Let's go. Just 65 days til pitchers and catchers report. Time's a wastin'.

  6. #6

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    A new world order will begin in 2017.

    New team name...

    The Sanchize

  7. #7
    Waiting for 2018 Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Possible keepers:

    Jose Altuve, 3rd round, 2nd keep (1 round penalty) or 2nd round, 2nd keep (2 round penalty)
    Daniel Murphy, 4th round, 1st keep (1 round penalty)
    DJ LeMahieu, 12th round, 1st keep (2 round penalty)
    Jeff Samardzija, 3rd round, 1st keep, (1 round penalty)
    Marco Estrada, 14th round, 2nd keep (2 round penalty)
    Hyun-Jin Ryu, 9th round, 1st keep (2 round penalty)

    (Traded some good keepers to try to win the title. Paid off, but less valuable keepers this year.)

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    I have 18 potential keepers. I'll be looking to either package for a keeper upgrade or trade for mL stars. The bolded are my early thoughts to keep, but no one is off the table for the right deal.

    Position Players:
    ****Mark Trumbo: Drafted 8th Round - 492.5 Pts - 3 keeps left
    *****Roughned Odor: Drafted 11th Round - 482 pts - 2 keeps left
    *****Jean Segura: Drafted 22nd Round - 582 pts - 3 Keeps left
    **Matt Kemp: Drafted 4th Round - 464.5 pts - 3 keeps left
    ****Wil Myers: Drafted 9th Round - 470.5 pts - 3 Keeps left
    ***Mike Napoli: Drafted 13th Round - 416.5 pts - 3 Keeps left
    ****Javier Baez: Undrafted - 267 pts - 3 Keeps left (could breakout this coming year)
    ****Danny Espinosa: Undrafted - 358.5 pts - 3 Keeps left

    Pitchers:
    *****Danny Duffy: Undrafted 9th Round - 430 pts - 3 Keeps left
    **Jason Hammel: Drafted 8th Round - 369 pts - 3 Keeps left
    ****Kyle Hendricks: Drafted 7th Round - 564 pts - 3 Keeps left
    ***Ian Kennedy: Drafted 6th Round - 394 pts - 3 Keeps left
    **Corey Kluber: Drafted 2nd Round - 594.5 pts - 1 Keep left (for a playoff team)
    **Matt Showmaker: Drafted 18th Round - 344.5 pts - 1 Keep left
    **Yordano Ventura: Drafted 17th Round - 303 pts - 1 Keep left
    *Alex Cobb: Drafted 10th Round - 8 pts - 3 Keeps left (Just back from Tommy John surgery)
    ****Zach Wheeler: Drafted 14th Round - 0 pts - 3 Keeps left (Due back from Tommy John surgery)
    **Alex Wood: Drafted 17th Round - 113 pts - 3 Keeps left (Missed 16 week in 2016)
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  9. #9
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Here are mine, potentially, with extras. Rounds are NEXT year's rounds.

    MVP Bryant, 14th, last keep
    Machado, 2nd, 2nd keep (with 1-round bonus)
    JD Martinez, 14th, last keep
    AJ Pollock, 3rd, 2nd keep (with 1-round bonus)
    Arrieta, 17th, last keep (sadface)
    Fulmer, 22nd, first keep (yay)
    Lester, 1st round (with 1-round bonus)
    Aaron Nola, 18th, 2nd keep
    Edwin Diaz, SEA Closer, 21st round, first keep
    Andrew Miller, 4th round, 1st keep (with 1-round bonus)

  10. #10
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Possible keepers:

    Jose Altuve, 3rd round, 2nd keep (1 round penalty) or 2nd round, 2nd keep (2 round penalty)
    Daniel Murphy, 4th round, 1st keep (1 round penalty)
    DJ LeMahieu, 12th round, 1st keep (2 round penalty)
    Jeff Samardzija, 3rd round, 1st keep, (1 round penalty)
    Marco Estrada, 14th round, 2nd keep (2 round penalty)
    Hyun-Jin Ryu, 9th round, 1st keep (2 round penalty)

    (Traded some good keepers to try to win the title. Paid off, but less valuable keepers this year.)
    After 10 years in the league you're finally getting it!!!!! Those one round penalties are a pretty sweet incentive for a guy like Altuve.

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Force Keepers:


    22nd Round: SS/3B Alex Bregman, 1st keep
    21st Round: C/OF Wilson Contreras, 1st keep
    20th Round: RHP Aaron Sanchez, 2nd keep
    19th Round: RHP Dylan Bundy, 1st keep
    18th Round: 3B/OF Miguel Sano, 2nd keep
    17th Round: RHP Carlos Martinez, 3rd & Final Keep




    mL:
    RH Jose De Leon
    LH Amir Garrett
    OF Tyler O'Neil
    RH Michael Kopech
    LH Brady Aiken
    RH Anderson Espinosa

  12. #12

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Tentative Keepers for The Sanchize

    22nd Round: OF Byron Buxton, 1st keep
    21st Round: C Gary Sanchez, 1st keep
    20th Round: 3B Yulieski Gurriel, 1st keep
    19th Round: 2B/SS Addison Russel, 2nd keep
    18th Round: SP Lance McCullers, 2nd keep
    17th Round: OF Andrew Benintendi, 1st keep

  13. #13

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Question regarding mL...rules state:

    Players who have minor league eligibility, but were on a league team’s major
    league roster at the end of the previous season CAN NOT be kept with a minor
    league keeper.
    So if a prospect was a September call up and got 30 AB's (still has Rookie eligibility) he can't be kept as a mL?

  14. #14
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Tentative Keepers for The Sanchize

    22nd Round: OF Byron Buxton, 1st keep
    21st Round: C Gary Sanchez, 1st keep
    20th Round: 3B Yulieski Gurriel, 1st keep
    19th Round: 2B/SS Addison Russel, 2nd keep
    18th Round: SP Lance McCullers, 2nd keep
    17th Round: OF Andrew Benintendi, 1st keep
    Nice keepers.

  15. #15
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    Force Keepers:


    22nd Round: SS/3B Alex Bregman, 1st keep
    21st Round: C/OF Wilson Contreras, 1st keep
    20th Round: RHP Aaron Sanchez, 2nd keep
    19th Round: RHP Dylan Bundy, 1st keep
    18th Round: 3B/OF Miguel Sano, 2nd keep
    17th Round: RHP Carlos Martinez, 3rd & Final Keep




    mL:
    RH Jose De Leon
    LH Amir Garrett
    OF Tyler O'Neil
    RH Michael Kopech
    LH Brady Aiken
    RH Anderson Espinosa
    I hate your keepers. LOL.

  16. #16
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trueyankee01 View Post
    question regarding ml...rules state:



    So if a prospect was a september call up and got 30 ab's (still has rookie eligibility) he can't be kept as a ml?
    e????

  17. #17

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    e????
    Are you questioning the rule or me? I don't' speak Canadian.

  18. #18
    Waiting for 2018 Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Question regarding mL...rules state:

    Players who have minor league eligibility, but were on a league team’s major league roster at the end of the previous season CAN NOT be kept with a minor league keeper.

    It is the Joe Blanton Rule. Blanton was a late September call-up in 2004, finishing the season on the Oakland MLB roster with 8 IP.

    His NYYFans team (Saxmania's Swingers) did NOT promote him in 2004, and was allowed to keep him in 2005 with an mL keeper.

    ..had Saxmania promoted him in 2004, he would NOT have been allowed to keep him with a mL keeper in 2005, despite 8 career IP, because he was on their (Saxmania's Swingers') ML roster.

  19. #19

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    It is the Joe Blanton Rule. Blanton was a late September call-up in 2004, finishing the season on the Oakland MLB roster with 8 IP.

    His NYYFans team (Saxmania's Swingers) did NOT promote him in 2004, and was allowed to keep him in 2005 with an mL keeper.

    ..had Saxmania promoted him in 2004, he would NOT have been allowed to keep him with a mL keeper in 2005, despite 8 career IP, because he was on their (Saxmania's Swingers') ML roster.
    Thank you Ed. So because I never promoted Hunter Renfore despite his September call-up, I can use a mL keep on him.

  20. #20
    Waiting for 2018 Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Thank you Ed. So because I never promoted Hunter Renfore despite his September call-up, I can use a mL keep on him.
    As long as he is below the ML Rookie limits.

    ..And.."Eric", not "Ed".

  21. #21
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    I disagree. Your name is Ed now. Make it so, number one.

  22. #22
    NYYF Legend

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I disagree. Your name is Ed now. Make it so, number one.
    That's Big Ed to you buddy
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010, 2011 & 2015 Gehrig Division Champs.

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    I hate your keepers. LOL.
    No worries. I'll find a way to screw it up

  24. #24
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Are you questioning the rule or me? I don't' speak Canadian.
    Nah I was summoning Eric.....Kinda like the Bat signal, except it came out as a little 'e' instead of a capital because this site is against yelling at each other. LOL.

  25. #25
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: Offseason Discussion & Possible Keeper Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    It is the Joe Blanton Rule. Blanton was a late September call-up in 2004, finishing the season on the Oakland MLB roster with 8 IP.

    His NYYFans team (Saxmania's Swingers) did NOT promote him in 2004, and was allowed to keep him in 2005 with an mL keeper.

    ..had Saxmania promoted him in 2004, he would NOT have been allowed to keep him with a mL keeper in 2005, despite 8 career IP, because he was on their (Saxmania's Swingers') ML roster.
    Ah 2004, back when I still had hair.....and didn't have an ex wife to pay off. Good times!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts