+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

2016-17 MCollege Basketball Season Thread

After our big knockout blow to the wildcats last year, I am so looking forward to this season in Indiana basketball. And with a big game vs Kansas tonight, I will see just how good this current team will or won't be. Looking for a big year out of OG Anunoby and hopefully he can lead them team into a strong March Madness run. And as always, a big FU to the kentucky wildcats.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2016-17 MCollege Basketball Season Thread

Awesome job by the Hoosiers last night with their 103-99 OT win against the third ranked team in the country. While the setting was great, played in Hawaii at Pearl Harbor, the court gave both teams a ton of problems due to a slippery surface. Also, both teams were plagued with fouls, with 63 totals fouls being called, and it was a solid team win for IU as they had 4 non-staters on the floor to end the game.
    Other than UConn losing to Wagner last night, the ranked teams pretty much had their way with only Xavier and Texas being given a scare.

Arizona (the real Wildcats) had a nail biter against the always tough MSU Spartans.

At least jlw should be smiling.
    Happy and peppy.

NYYF Legend

It was a rough night for the Big 10 as #2 Kentucky manhandled #13 Michigan St. 69-48. Despite their size, Michigan State struggled shooting the ball all night as they shot 32.8%. Also #22 Creighton got a big home win vs #9 Wisconsin 79-67. Duke despite having a lead at half, vs #7 Kansas , may have a scare as Grayson Allen left late in the half with an apparent lower leg injury.

NYYF Legend

Good job Duke, spitting the bit against Kansas last night. Nothing worse than living in Lexington while U.K. is ranked number 1.

NYYF Legend

Absolutely one of the worst losses that I have ever seen Indiana occur. With a ranking of 3-5 depending on what poll, IU had only 2 leads, 3-0 and 43-42, during the entire game. And despite limiting Fort Wayne to 3 points over the last 9 minutes of the game, all Indiana could accomplish was tying the game as they blew one chance after another with missed shots, missed free throws, and turnovers. I have to give Fort Wayne credit, they outplayed Indiana in almost every area of the game and big bad IU, the big dog of the state, leaves Fort Wayne with an inexcusable loss and a lot of question marks.

NYYF Legend

Great job by the Hoosiers Wednesday night as the went wire to wire and beat #3 North Carolina with a total team effort. That was the loudest that I ever heard Assembly Hall get and the only negative to the entire night, was the high ankle sprain that OG Anunoby suffered with 90 seconds to go, as he finished off an easy dunk.
    So far, this early into the season, the only clear cut dominant team has been uk but they have not exactly played a high level of competition so far. I think that one thing that may hurt uk, will be that the SEC once again, has shown itself to be one of the weaker major power conferences. And with a schedule full of weaker SEC teams, uk should win their conference rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Great job by the Hoosiers Wednesday night as the went wire to wire and beat #3 North Carolina with a total team effort. That was the loudest that I ever heard Assembly Hall get and the only negative to the entire night, was the high ankle sprain that OG Anunoby suffered with 90 seconds to go, as he finished off an easy dunk.
    So far, this early into the season, the only clear cut dominant team has been uk but they have not exactly played a high level of competition so far. I think that one thing that may hurt uk, will be that the SEC once again, has shown itself to be one of the weaker major power conferences. And with a schedule full of weaker SEC teams, uk should win their conference rather easily.
    UCLA beat UK in Lexington. Scored 97 points. Ended their 42 game home winning streak- I didn't see that coming.
    Happy and peppy.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    UCLA beat UK in Lexington. Scored 97 points. Ended their 42 game home winning streak- I didn't see that coming.
    And defending national champion Villanova, who was #2 before today, will be the #1 ranked team after their win today.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Grayson Allen, WTF??!!

Happy and peppy.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Grayson Allen, WTF??!!

Grayson Allen is also suspended indefinitely. He needs help.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Grayson Allen is also suspended indefinitely. He needs help.
    Yes he does.

I'm just going to assume he's Ted Cruz's long lost son and enjoy his antics.

Happy and peppy.

Anyone remember Fab Melo from Syracuse?

RIP.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
    Happy and peppy.

Thread Information