+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Knicks 2016-2017 Season, Super Team Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    there's always going to be 20,000 people to fill that place, but the amount they're willing to pay is on the downslope
    Have the ticket prices fallen? (or just the aftermarket prices?)
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Have the ticket prices fallen? (or just the aftermarket prices?)
    They haven't raised the season ticket prices since 2013-14, but they sell individual seats at much higher dynamic prices which they haven't been getting lately. The secondary market prices crashed this week. I'm sure they'll rebound but on average prices are lower than last year and they are having to do heavy marketing to sell primary market seats. I bet renewals will be way down after this season

NYYF Legend

By the way, word is Jim Dolan will make an appearance on the
    Michael Kay show today at 4 PM

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    They haven't raised the season ticket prices since 2013-14, but they sell individual seats at much higher dynamic prices which they haven't been getting lately. The secondary market prices crashed this week. I'm sure they'll rebound but on average prices are lower than last year and they are having to do heavy marketing to sell primary market seats. I bet renewals will be way down after this season
    Thanks. I would think losing (or making less) money would be the only thing that could change him. Probably not even that.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

NYYF Legend

Dolan stated that Oakley was drunk and verbally abusive to everyone from the moment he walked into the Garden (verbally abusive in a sexual and racial way). Dolan said if he gets help with his anger issues the ban could be lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Ha. I think Ewing was still playing the last time I was legitimately interested in the Knicks.
    While I largely agree, I am legitimately interested in at least the first few minutes of tonight's game.

Seems like a bit of a ripoff that this all wrapped up so quickly. Kind of feels like kayfabe.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Seems like a bit of a ripoff that this all wrapped up so quickly. Kind of feels like kayfabe.
    Silver had to do something, Dolan was morphing into the next Donald Sterling and the All-Star game was coming up and league was going to get embarrassed by the stars with "Free Oak" stuff. Dolan had no choice but to give in

NYYF Legend

But actually it's not over - Oakley rejected Dolan's offer to come to the garden and says he wants Dolan to hold a press conference and publicly apologize lol

So you may not have been ripped off quite yet...

Until there's a steel cage match, I will feel ripped off.

Draymond Green and others saying no FA will want to sign with the Knicks because of this incident and the way Melo is being treated?

What am I missing? The Knicks don't attract anyone of significance anyway.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Draymond Green and others saying no FA will want to sign with the Knicks because of this incident and the way Melo is being treated?

What am I missing? The Knicks don't attract anyone of significance anyway.
    well this can go one of two ways - either the Knicks get smart and draft well / develop young talent / build a cohesive team, or they throw money around to overpay & convince mediocre hasbeens that don't want to come here to sign. I'm not optimistic lol

Porzingis wins the Skills Challenge!!!

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Figured some here would enjoy this.

https://theringer.com/the-10-best-kn...045#.3x5r2vri7

The 10 Best Knicks Point Guards of the Past 10 Years
    A confusing list of failures at a historically stacked position

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post

When she gives you her number without asking. 😂

A video posted by Sports Videos (@houseofhighlights) on

i missed this match

NYYF Triple Crown

Sooo, do the Knicks have a pick to get the next great point guard on this so-called, "deep, talented draft class?" and who do you think they should pick?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Sooo, do the Knicks have a pick to get the next great point guard on this so-called, "deep, talented draft class?" and who do you think they should pick?
    I happen to be super pumped for this draft. The Knicks won some horrible games recently, but they currently have the 6th worst record. This draft IMO is about 7 legit players deep - Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Taytum, Monk, Fox, Smith Jr (may be missing one or two off the top of my head...don't love Isaac on FSU).

NYYF Legend

You're missing Ntilikina, who might actually be the best fit of them all (not my opinion, but I understand the logic behind it).
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    You're missing Ntilikina, who might actually be the best fit of them all (not my opinion, but I understand the logic behind it).
    I actually had a feeling someone would say that. Supposedly he fits the triangle the best.

NYYF Legend

In this draft, the Lakers either win a top 3 pick or they relinquish it to Philly, and don't pick at all. Nuts. Philly may end up with two top 6-7 picks in this deep draft, to go along with Embiid and Simmons.

NYYF Legend

And right now, with the second worst record, it's essentially a 50-50 proposition. High drama (55.8% keep it, 44.2% lose it).

Also, Embiid and Simmons sounds awesome, but at what point does it start to lose its luster? They babied Embiid like crazy and he's still out for the year with a knee injury. Simmons simply couldn't shoot as an amateur, and still hasn't played a game as a pro. Guys like KAT and KP hit the ground running...and their teams still suck.

The thing I DO really like about the Sixers is Brown's coaching. Nets, too with Atkinson. I hope to see what Hornaceck is truly capable of if they do a non-Melo reboot next year.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    In this draft, the Lakers either win a top 3 pick or they relinquish it to Philly, and don't pick at all. Nuts. Philly may end up with two top 6-7 picks in this deep draft, to go along with Embiid and Simmons.
    As much as I still hope the Nets can win out to possibly leapfrog the Lakers and Suns, they have essentially locked up the worst record. Best case scenario: Nets drop to fourth pick overall (unfortunately lost to Boston), Lakers drop to fifth (conveyed to Philly), and the Knicks somehow win the lottery.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hongchihkuo View Post
    Knicks somehow win the lottery.
    God knows the Knicks need a miracle. I'm thinking that God isn't doing Dolan any extra favors, though

NYYF Legend

The Phil Jackson era has been an unmitigated disaster. If he didn't luck into winning the 4th pick in the draft a few seasons ago (instead of 2nd or 3rd), imagine how much worse this could have been.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    The Phil Jackson era has been an unmitigated disaster. If he didn't luck into winning the 4th pick in the draft a few seasons ago (instead of 2nd or 3rd), imagine how much worse this could have been.
    Yeah it's a pretty big failure. Dolan fails even more for throwing so much money at an unqualified executive

Thread Information