+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Knicks 2016-2017 Season, Super Team Edition!

And he stopped to pose for pictures with all the smiling jurors after being acquitted

Now play ball!!

Re: Knicks 2016-2017 Season, Super Team Edition!

When she gives you her number without asking. 😂

A video posted by Sports Videos (@houseofhighlights) on

NYYF Legend

Looking very promising so far

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Jennings is such a POS, he's gonna be this year's Affalo except 100 times as obnoxious. Can't wait till this pigeon is off the team.
    Fire Tanaka

is the title of this thread sarcasm, can't tell
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    is the title of this thread sarcasm, can't tell
    Definitely sarcasm, with an outside chance of delivering

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Looking very promising so far
    and thaaaaaaat's why they play two halves instead of one lol

NYYF Legend

I really wish Phil's ego hadn't been in the way of getting Thibodeau. He would have been the single biggest difference maker for this team

At least they have their pick.

this noah signing is historically bad.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    this noah signing is historically bad.
    Yeah I don't know what to make of that. Is Noah really finished / incompatible or is he injured?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yeah I don't know what to make of that. Is Noah really finished / incompatible or is he injured?
    he's an obstacle to porzingis's development at 5. look at how beastly porzingod is playing as a 5.
    always reasonable

I've moved to Colorado so I catch what I can on streams, but I like this team about as much as you can like a 13-10 team.

Probably the best bench we've had in some time, no? Jennings has been solid. Holiday, Kuzminskas, Lance, Willy chipping in here and there. Also nice to see O'Quinn doing some good things after getting buried by Fisher last year.

NYYF Legend

I enjoy the bench a lot at times, but that entire bench lineup can look REALLY bad now and then.

On the positive side, most times all it takes is one of KP, Melo, or Rose to be out there with them for them to have those unstoppable, fun spurts.

I hope you're going next Saturday! I live in the SAC area now, and last night was our annual chance to see the squad in person. It's much easier to justify spending money on tickets and concessions when you know it's a once-a-year thing - like a state fair or carnival coming to town.

Plus when the team you live near sucks like the Kings do (and like you and the Nuggets) the tickets are much more affordable on the secondary market.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

It's partially a function of how the offense works, but KP has recently been taking a really large number of long 2 pt shots. He's 7'3" and moves like a gazelle, he does not need to be settling for those. The inefficiency is easy to see, and then after he misses a few, Melo/Rose will freeze him out a bit.

Edit: And then he has an amazing game on cue. Making Ingram and Randle look silly repeatedly. He had 7 blocks and 3 three-pointers, which is crazy.
    Last edited by Jace; 12-12-16 at 08:52 AM.

it's the dumb as ................ 'any open shot is a good shot' stuff
    always reasonable

apparently thibs wants to buff up the front court in minny. offer him noah for free nao
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I hope you're going next Saturday! I live in the SAC area now, and last night was our annual chance to see the squad in person. It's much easier to justify spending money on tickets and concessions when you know it's a once-a-year thing - like a state fair or carnival coming to town.
    I did make it! Actually went on a bucket list binge and sat at the end of the Knicks bench in Denver and behind the bench last night vs. the Magic. My bank account took a hit, but it was worth it to me. I actually got the tickets for near face value both times which was solid. Two experiences I'll remember forever, and last night I took my cousin who's in the Navy and a total diehard.

A few personal highlights from the two games:
    • I spilled wine (white thankfully) on Mike Crispino in Denver because Clyde gave me a pound and I turned into a total klutz.
    • The Knicks bench poured me Gatorade from their cooler in Denver.
    • Marshall Plumlee is such a wholesome teammate. It's like he's in still in high school - always clapping and saying stuff like "Let's go Knicks" or "Nice job Billy, good rebound!"
    • I led our row in a bunch of "Ku-zi, Ku-zi, Ku-zi!" chants at MSG -- made him, Melo and Sasha laugh.
    • Steve Mills remembered me from the Denver game and I shamelessly asked him for a job.
    • I took a couple of awkward selfies with Martins Porzingis.
    • After lobbing a few F-bombs, security told me "you can't talk like that in these parts or Mr. Dolan will have you removed."
    • At the beginning of the Magic game I complimented Roger Hinds (trainer) on the job he does. As the clock was winding down at the end, he singled me out and gave me a clean towel from the bench.

Last edited by Panamaniac42; 12-23-16 at 01:56 PM.

NYYF Legend

That's freakin awesome!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    I did make it! Actually went on a bucket list binge and sat at the end of the Knicks bench in Denver and behind the bench last night vs. the Magic. My bank account took a hit, but it was worth it to me. I actually got the tickets for near face value both times which was solid. Two experiences I'll remember forever, and last night I took my cousin who's in the Navy and a total diehard.

A few personal highlights from the two games:
    • I spilled wine (white thankfully) on Mike Crispino in Denver because Clyde gave me a pound and I turned into a total klutz.
    • The Knicks bench poured me Gatorade from their cooler in Denver.
    • Marshall Plumlee is such a wholesome teammate. It's like he's in still in high school - always clapping and saying stuff like "Let's go Knicks" or "Nice job Billy, good rebound!"
    • I led our row in a bunch of "Ku-zi, Ku-zi, Ku-zi!" chants at MSG -- made him, Melo and Sasha laugh.
    • Steve Mills remembered me from the Denver game and I shamelessly asked him for a job.
    • I took a couple of awkward selfies with Martins Porzingis.
    • After lobbing a few F-bombs, security told me "you can't talk like that in these parts or Mr. Dolan will have you removed."
    • At the beginning of the Magic game I complimented Roger Hinds (trainer) on the job he does. As the clock was winding down at the end, he singled me out and gave me a clean towel from the bench.
    This is all amazing! How much were the tickets? Where did the pic with Mills happen? My oldest son is obsessed with KP, but he's only 7, so while we debated on going all out for the SAC game like you did, we instead settled on seats about 10 rows up for about $110 a person, which was about 40% of face. When he gets a little older and more attentive maybe we'll revisit the courtside option. We could have done it for $400-$600 a seat in SAC, if I recall.

We did make sure to go really early though, and my son got KP's attention when he was walking to the locker room after an individual workout a few hours before the game, which resulted in a "Whatsup, man?" and a high five.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    That's freakin awesome!
    Whattup Sey!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    This is all amazing! How much were the tickets? Where did the pic with Mills happen? My oldest son is obsessed with KP, but he's only 7, so while we debated on going all out for the SAC game like you did, we instead settled on seats about 10 rows up for about $110 a person, which was about 40% of face. When he gets a little older and more attentive maybe we'll revisit the courtside option. We could have done it for $400-$600 a seat in SAC, if I recall.

We did make sure to go really early though, and my son got KP's attention when he was walking to the locker room after an individual workout a few hours before the game, which resulted in a "Whatsup, man?" and a high five.
    That pic with your son & KP is outstanding!! Great moment.

Took the pic with Mills in the Delta Sky 360 Club. Total gentleman and we spent a couple of minutes chatting. He doesn't seem to get much attention. I just figured more people would try to talk to him -- it's the GM of the Knicks, the dude who was crushed on national TV when we drew the 4th pick! Anyway, I had approached him on the sideline in Denver (wearing the same hat), and it was cool that he remembered me.

Denver: Baseline 2nd row aisle next to Knicks bench. Face value $455 each, I paid $370. Got them off FlashSeats (regional re-sale service) 6 hours before tip-off. Guys in front of me left early Q4, and the security guard let me move down to sit next to D-Rose. They had this new "Club Lexus" -- opens 90 minutes before tip and closes hour after final buzzer. Insane buffet, free drinks (except for top shelf), and open windows to hallway where Nuggets players walk through. And yes, I did get both Chandler & Gallo's attention and told them we miss them in NY.

MSG: Section 6 Row A (first row behind bench/press table) middle of row. Face value $975 each, I paid $1075 on StubHub. All things considered, a steal when I saw the despicable markups for other similar listings. Jumped on those at 4AM on gameday. What really hurt was the damn $263 fee that StubHub placed on each ticket. Just brutal. The Delta Club paled into comparison to what I had access to in Denver. It was definitely nice, but we had to pay for alcohol, and it only opened 60 minutes before tip + wasn't open after the game. I also missed the opportunity to watch the Knicks enter through that glass tunnel; security guard gave me bad estimate on what time that would be (still cool that it's an option with those seats).

I fear that in spoiling myself this past week I've ruined going to games in the future, but it was totally worth it. And finally, Sasha Vujacic is hilarious...just chilling on the perimeter of the huddle all game with his perfectly groomed hair, eating most of the team's gum supply and winking & nodding at anyone in the crowd who calls out to him. During one timeout he walked over to Rambis and fixed his tie while everyone else was busy listening to Hornacek. But hey, he's the only NBA champion on this team

NYYF Triple Crown

That's really, freaking amazing Panamaniac42.

EDIT: It's at least 900,000 points achievement unlocked on the bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    That's really, freaking amazing Panamaniac42.

EDIT: It's at least 900,000 points achievement unlocked on the bucket list.
    Thanks man, definitely never going to forget it...something I've wanted to do since I started watching the Knicks as a little kid. I got divorced a few months ago & have been dealing with some other stuff, so I'm just trying to enjoy the ride.

Anyway, nice comeback today but sh*t game over all. Matador defense, letting 5'9 Isaiah Thomas feast on drives to the hoop, and switching & not fighting through screens that reminded me of the Woodson era.

Finally grabbed a W. Nice comeback...This was crazy:

^^ That's great. I remember when a lot of us were unhappy about him being drafted.

Ron Baker has been getting some nice press from the game, too.
    George, Gabe, Stick >> Hal, Randy, Cashman.

Thread Information