+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Knicks 2016-2017 Season, Super Team Edition!

porzie has really taken huge stride this year in his offense creation this year. it's just a matter of getting rid of zombies on the team and building a team around him.

................ that last offseason
    always reasonable

Aaron Judge Career Homer #8
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1294788283/s...-to-deep-right

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    porzie has really taken huge stride this year in his offense creation this year. it's just a matter of getting rid of zombies on the team and building a team around him.

................ that last offseason
    noah

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    At least Noah shows up for the f*cking games! Bye, D-Rose.

Ugh.

NYYF Legend

At least this made me sure they should absolutely try to get whatever assets they can for Carmelo (I know, NTC, but he can't be happy right now) before the trade deadline and try to get a good spot in the lottery

NYYF Legend

Apparently this next draft is loaded. I'm hoping Melo waives his NTC.

NYYF Legend

Derick Rose spotted being driven around by Al Cowlings

NYYF Legend

Great loss tonight. I pray they go for the tank job from here on out. Trade Melo and Rose.

NYYF Legend

For some reason, I call Ron Baker shy Ronnie in my head (in Rihanna's voice)

NYYF Legend

Just watched Melo miss a 3 to win the game at the buzzer. It seems like since he got here, he has never hit big shots to end games, with him completely botching the play on some occasions. Am I making this up or is this true?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Just watched Melo miss a 3 to win the game at the buzzer. It seems like since he got here, he has never hit big shots to end games, with him completely botching the play on some occasions. Am I making this up or is this true?
    There was this one game where he lobbed a 3 pointer from the left side and he closed the deal. Yea, that's one game I recall and that was a few years ago.

I think they signed Ron Baker for his glamorous hair which certainly fits the bright lights and mystique of the Mecca. #nostalgia

melo's hit at least one gamewinner this year but they should trade him immediately.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

time to fire Phil

NYYF Legend

Apparently the Knicks are actively shopping Melo! Cavs turned us down when we requested Love, but they're now talking to Clippers and Celtics.

Then trade Rose...then tank...then receive top 5 pick in upcoming loaded draft. Ingredients for future success.

NYYF Legend

^ this seems like such an easy decision for the future of the franchise. I just hope Melo waives his NTC.

As some of you may recall, I never wanted the Knicks to re-sign Melo to begin with.

NYYF Legend

Melo gets like a 3.5M kicker for waiving that NTC. While they're at it, trade Phil too

just when i thought i can't love porzie more

https://twitter.com/jayyy625/status/822203628941361152

porzingod for gm
    always reasonable

I don't follow the Knicks really, but I caught the end of the Pacers game a few nights ago and if the last 6 minutes are any indication of Rose's contributions, I would cut him without a second's hesitation. Stupid, ineffective, whining, careless. GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    just when i thought i can't love porzie more

https://twitter.com/jayyy625/status/822203628941361152

porzingod for gm
    He can't be worst than Phil.

NYYF Legend

I wonder what's worse for an ego driven athlete - being traded because your team thinks you're a problem, or not being traded because no other team thinks you're worth acquiring....

NYYF Triple Crown

I wonder what's worse for an ego driven athlete - being traded because your team thinks you're a problem, or not being traded because no other team thinks you're worth acquiring....
    And get snubbed in the all-star. Also karma for not really helping J-Lin.

I hope they get rid of him soon. He should seriously gtfo.

NYYF Legend

So...where are all those posters who were saying Melo's contract would be a bargain under the new collective bargaining agreement? The Knicks are likely going to end up trading him (if they're lucky) in a complete salary dump with minimal assets coming back.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I don't follow basketball so pardon my ignorance. How are the Knicks this much of a dumpster fire mess, all the time?

They have the same owner of the Rangers who, for a decade now, have been one of the most successful franchises in the NHL (albeit without a title).

Does Dolan tinker too much with the Knicks while being hands off with the Rangers since he knows nothing about hockey? Or is it something else?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    And get snubbed in the all-star. Also karma for not really helping J-Lin.

I hope they get rid of him soon. He should seriously gtfo.
    And for pulling a hissy fit when he was ranked 15th in the NBA. Seems a little high right now, not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    So...where are all those posters who were saying Melo's contract would be a bargain under the new collective bargaining agreement? The Knicks are likely going to end up trading him (if they're lucky) in a complete salary dump with minimal assets coming back.
    People assumed he would keep shooting, he's not really doing that anymore. So it's hard to justify the ball stopping with him on every offensive play and his being a pylon on every defensive play

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I don't follow basketball so pardon my ignorance. How are the Knicks this much of a dumpster fire mess, all the time?

They have the same owner of the Rangers who, for a decade now, have been one of the most successful franchises in the NHL (albeit without a title).

Does Dolan tinker too much with the Knicks while being hands off with the Rangers since he knows nothing about hockey? Or is it something else?
    Dolan is the main reason but it's also that the NBA is a broken league. Dolan meddled in the affairs of the Knicks when the league wasn't so broken, so when things could have been fixed they weren't. He was hypnotized by his butt buddy Isiah Thomas for the longest time who ran the team utterly and completely into the ground and handed every single draft pick in exchange for useless zombies with obscene contracts.

When Isiah was finally forced out after years and years, he couldn't help himself in the Melo deal to give Denver whatever they wanted by going around his GM and they emptied the system again. Then when he finally realized he had to step out the way, he went for the glitz of Phil Jackson when he had no qualifications as a basketball execute and even worse he pressured him into extending Melo's contract when he was supposed to have been independent.

So let's say Dolan hires the best & most qualified GM with an unlimited budget and banishes himself to Siberia, the Knicks would still not get anywhere because it's impossible in the NBA. There's not enough basketball talent in the world to fill a dozen teams let alone 30. It's not enough to get paid, the stars now want to get paid and only play for a contender. There are only 2 or 3 teams with any chance to win each year. The best rebuild right now is Boston and still they'll never sniff the championship. This league is f**ked

NYYF Legend

Dolan is the main reason but it's also that the NBA is a broken league. Dolan meddled in the affairs of the Knicks when the league wasn't so broken, so when things could have been fixed they weren't. He was hypnotized by his butt buddy Isiah Thomas for the longest time who ran the team utterly and completely into the ground and handed every single draft pick in exchange for useless zombies with obscene contracts.

When Isiah was finally forced out after years and years, he couldn't help himself in the Melo deal to give Denver whatever they wanted by going around his GM and they emptied the system again. Then when he finally realized he had to step out the way, he went for the glitz of Phil Jackson when he had no qualifications as a basketball execute and even worse he pressured him into extending Melo's contract when he was supposed to have been independent.

So let's say Dolan hires the best & most qualified GM with an unlimited budget and banishes himself to Siberia, the Knicks would still not get anywhere because it's impossible in the NBA. There's not enough basketball talent in the world to fill a dozen teams let alone 30. It's not enough to get paid, the stars now want to get paid and only play for a contender. There are only 2 or 3 teams with any chance to win each year. The best rebuild right now is Boston and still they'll never sniff the championship. This league is f**ked
    This is really overdramatic. The league is top-heavy this year, but basketball from 2010-now is much better than post MJ till then. The warriors were nowhere 6 years ago- they assembled the best regular season team of all time without a major FA signing. Somehow we'll all get over KD signing with them.

The 80s were everyone's NBA golden age, but only 3-4 teams had a chance to win at any given time then.

Thread Information