+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: NLCS - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    My wife is a Dodger fan....I am surrounded by them. So I am pulling for them for that reason. But I am just enjoying these playoffs. This is another classic game, no matter the outcome.
    Yes. Simple as that.

I even know a handful of Dodger fans in NY. They're all senior citizens and still angry about them leaving Brooklyn.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Yay Dodgers!
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

NYYF Legend

I just don't understand how anyone can root against this Cubs team. Is anyone here actually from LA?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I just don't understand how anyone can root against this Cubs team. Is anyone here actually from LA?
    Truth be told, I am not rooting against the Cubs. To your question, my wife is from Ontario, CA about 45 minutes from Dodger Stadium. We live an hour from there.

If the cubs win I am more than Ok with it. If the Dodgers win I am happy for the family. At the same time, the family is realistic, knowing the Dodgers are an underdog. I am really just enjoying watching the NLCS.

The only team I am rooting against is the Blue Jays.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

This is just great baseball man, I'm rooting for both teams. If that's possible, haha

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Truth be told, I am not rooting against the Cubs. To your question, my wife is from Ontario, CA about 45 minutes from Dodger Stadium. We live an hour from there.

If the cubs win I am more than Ok with it. If the Dodgers win I am happy for the family. At the same time, the family is realistic, knowing the Dodgers are an underdog. I am really just enjoying watching the NLCS.

The only team I am rooting against is the Blue Jays.
    This is pretty much how I feel, though I don't have any Dodger fans in the family.

Dodgers have a huge fan base in the west coast. The national darlings have been the Cubs this year, with their drought. But it's not 90-10 in favor of the Cubs.

Dodgers haven't won since '88, which has been ~28 years. Indians fans have had to wait nearly 68 years since their last World Series win.

(We complain about not winning a title in 7 seasons, ha ha)
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Sorry - but I'm rooting against the Cubs.
    Not because I'm a Dodgers' fan but because I'd like to see the Cubs continue their ways of not winning.
    I think Cub fans would lose their identity if the Cubs won - ya know - the lovable losers.... LOLz!

I like baseball tradition. Hot dogs, apple pie, Cubs lose.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Sorry - but I'm rooting against the Cubs.
    Not because I'm a Dodgers' fan but because I'd like to see the Cubs continue their ways of not winning.
    I think Cub fans would lose their identity if the Cubs won - ya know - the lovable losers.... LOLz!

That is pretty crappy of you.

Grandal! 3-0 Los Doyers.

NYYF Cy Young

Cubs bats in the freezer; looking at an even series
    Gratitude

Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    Cubs bats in the freezer; looking at an even series
    Even for another hour.

Clint Frazier wishes he could look more like Justin Turner.

Even Blanton's outs are line drives.

He should be on a short leash.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Clint Frazier wishes he could look more like Justin Turner.
    I was thinking the same thing!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Wait, apple pie is a baseball tradition?

I'm from LA and still live in LA. I grew up watching orel and lasorda, but like CalYank fan, i'm rather ambivalent as to rooting for one side to win. I'm just enjoying the amazing baseball. Only team i really dont care for is the bluejays.

Would be nice to see a cubs-indian ws, but lad-indians wouldnt be bad either. I cant stand kershaw tho (dont ask; its kinda irrational and based on his personality).

Any theories of why Roberts stuck with Jansen with a 6-0 lead in the ninth? Scared of blowing it with his closer on the bench? I've got to think that there are some arms in the Dodgers' bullpen that could have held on while saving Jansen for games 4 and 5 if necessary.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Any theories of why Roberts stuck with Jansen with a 6-0 lead in the ninth? Scared of blowing it with his closer on the bench? I've got to think that there are some arms in the Dodgers' bullpen that could have held on while saving Jansen for games 4 and 5 if necessary.
    He did us all a favor by not putting in the new Human Rain Delay.

That is pretty crappy of you.
    Not sure if serious....

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Wait, apple pie is a baseball tradition?
    Not really - I guess it's an "American" tradition....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I think he just didn't want the Cubs to have a sniff of anything positive at the end of the game, and Jansen gave them the best shot at that. That's just my theory as to what he might have been thinking.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Heard on LA radio this morning that if the Dodgers win tonight, it will be Kershaw on short rest again tomorrow. Roberts is wearing out the arms that got him there.

Did I mention how much I dislike Lackey? I hope the Dodgers beat the tar out of him tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ober0n98 View Post
    I'm from LA and still live in LA. I grew up watching orel and lasorda, but like CalYank fan, i'm rather ambivalent as to rooting for one side to win. I'm just enjoying the amazing baseball. Only team i really dont care for is the bluejays.

Would be nice to see a cubs-indian ws, but lad-indians wouldnt be bad either. I cant stand kershaw tho (dont ask; its kinda irrational and based on his personality).
    The Dodgers are so much easier to root for with Magic being the face of the ownership group.

I couldn't root for them when Frank and Jamie were pillaging the team. I really wished they bought the Red Sox.

Thread Information