+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: NLCS - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

That grand slam was hit on an 0-2 pitch, with two out ... worthy of Pineda!

NYYF Legend

Game ends on a double play! Cubs win, 8-4!

NYYF Cy Young

In the postgame. A-Rod waved the W and now the Cubs fans are chanting "A Rod!" and "Hall of Fame!". Ha.

NYYF Cy Young

It is fun to watch the Cubs team because they are young and loaded with talent from top to bottom. They feel like a dynasty in the making to me. We used to have teams like that. Now we trade for their cast offs and wait out cappy contracts. Maybe we ARE just in transition but it still sucks.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Adrian Gonzalez is still the gem of that Dodgers Red Sox trade.

Red Sox shed salary, Dodgers got a long lasting All Star. A lot thought the Dodgers helped the Sox out. Really the Dodgers won that trade.
    IIRC, AGon was acquired by the Red Sox for Anthony Rizzo, who Theo loved. He went to the Cubs and traded for him.

The Red Sox wanted to keep AGon, but he was the bait that made the Dodgers take the albatross contract of Crawford.

Crawford alone, makes the Red Sox the big winners of the trade. Personally, I'm still unhappy the Red Sox were let off the hook on Crawford. AGon was paid an elite salary- there was no discount for him at the time.

The Dodgers paid Crawford $144 million over 6 years and received a total of 2.8 bWAR over that time. That's not even replacement level and he was DFA'd with 2 years remaining on his contract.

The Dodgers got better production out of Beckett, but still had to absorb his contract for ~$46 million for the final 3 seasons in his career.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    That grand slam was hit on an 0-2 pitch, with two out ... worthy of Pineda!
    That's what I was thinking.

The 0-1 pitch was a hanging slider, also. That should have been the grand slam pitch. Blanton was just terrible.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Andre Dawson threw out the first pitch.

AGon with a solo HR in the 2nd.

1-0. Dodgers.

Kershaw with only 21 pitches through 2 innings.

I wish Theo traded Baez to us, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I wish Theo traded Baez to us, instead.
    that wasn't possible. baez rated very highly by cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    I know. It was tongue in cheek.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    I can sure see why- this is the first time really watching him and to be as talented, hardworking AND smart.. Thats really rare.

I don't see Castro letting that ball drop. No wonder the cubs were okay with giving him up.

AGon with another bone headed running play.

Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out. AGon on 2b.

Baez wisely let the soft liner bounce and caught it on a short hop. Gonzalez apparently wasn't paying attention to that and was easily tagged out for a double play.

NYYF Legend

I don't think I have ever seen a crowd that thinks a batted ball is a HR so much as this one - only to see it be an out.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I don't think I have ever aeen a crowd that thinks a ball is going out so much as this one - only to see it be an out.
    Ha ha...they had me thinking it was a HR.

Btw, Kershaw is a complete pitching stud. It's nice to see some of his gems.

CalYankeeFan, I'm assuming that we both have a lot of friends, who are Dodger fans?

Holy crap. I don't follow other teams that closely, so everyone might already know this, but Jansen started out in the Dodger organization as a catcher? He even caught Kershaw. And now he's their closer.

He could make an good manager one day.

NYYF Legend

CalYankeeFan, I'm assuming that we both have a lot of friends, who are Dodger fans?
    My wife is a Dodger fan....I am surrounded by them. So I am pulling for them for that reason. But I am just enjoying these playoffs. This is another classic game, no matter the outcome.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Puig looked like one of our own Yankees with that bunt attempt. What was going on there?

NYYF Legend

Puig looked like one of our own Yankees with that bunt attempt. What was going on there?
    Beats the heck out of me.

NYYF Legend

Ha ha...they had me thinking it was a HR.
    There were at least 5 balls that had people standing and the crowd starting to roar.

Btw, Kershaw is a complete pitching stud. It's nice to see some of his gems.
    Kershaw was developing a "David Price" type reputation in the postseason. He's gone a ways toward erasing that over the last 10 days or so.

NYYF Legend

AGon with a solo HR in the 2nd.

1-0. Dodgers.
    Looks like they're gonna make it hold up. Kershaw did great.

NYYF Legend

Dodgers win!

Epstein's darling Rizzo ends the game.

Thread Information