+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: ALCS - Toronto vs Cleveland

I thought the Tribe was dead in the water without their SP's. They continue to surprise me.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

GO Tribe!!!!! A Miller!!!!!!!!

MANY people want the Cubs. NO WAY. Theo Epstein is the enemy. Let them suffer until he's fired. They've waiting 200 years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    What'd we get for him again? They'd better be very, very good.
    Normally I don't root for ex-Yankees players just because they were Yankees once upon a time but I sure am rooting for Miller.

I hated to see Miller go because he had become my favorite player on the Yankees (and not just because of his pitching prowess) but I understood the reasons for the deal. Obviously with minor league prospects you just never know until they actually produce in the majors but it was exactly the kind of trade the Yankees needed to make, even if it doesn't work out for them.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Normally I don't root for ex-Yankees players just because they were Yankees once upon a time but I sure am rooting for Miller.

I hated to see Miller go because he had become my favorite player on the Yankees (and not just because of his pitching prowess) but I understood the reasons for the deal. Obviously with minor league prospects just never know until they actually produce in the majors but it was exactly the kind of trade the Yankees needed to make, even if it doesn't work out for them.
    So...

Andrew Miller has now pitched in 9 Post Season games.

14 innings
    4 hits
    3 BBs
    0 runs
    22 Ks
    ERA = 0.00
    WHIP = .500
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    So...

Andrew Miller has now pitched in 9 Post Season games.

14 innings
    4 hits
    3 BBs
    0 runs
    22 Ks
    ERA = 0.00
    WHIP = .500
    That's insane.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Bautista and Martin both look like garbage right now and Travis might be out for a few games.

Tomlin has had a problem with HRs, so it's going to be tough to keep the ball in the park against this team. He doesn't walk many, so if he limits to 2-3 solo shots, Indians have a chance. Navigate Donaldson and Encarnacion and don't let the scrubs like Pillar, Carrera, and Goins beat you.

Meanwhile, Happ dominated the Indians when he faced them this year.

Rooting hard for Cleveland. Of the teams remaining, I'd take any over the Jays.

miller is good yea.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Bautista and Martin both look like garbage right now and Travis might be out for a few games.

Tomlin has had a problem with HRs, so it's going to be tough to keep the ball in the park against this team. He doesn't walk many, so if he limits to 2-3 solo shots, Indians have a chance. Navigate Donaldson and Encarnacion and don't let the scrubs like Pillar, Carrera, and Goins beat you.

Meanwhile, Happ dominated the Indians when he faced them this year.

Rooting hard for Cleveland. Of the teams remaining, I'd take any over the Jays.
    Totally agree. Things looking pretty good right now.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

What'd we get for him again? They'd better be very, very good.
    Frazier (our best prospect), Sheffield (our number 6 prospect), and 2 legitimate relief prospects. It was an outstanding haul. (I still miss Miller, though)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Frazier (our best prospect), Sheffield (our number 6 prospect), and 2 legitimate relief prospects. It was an outstanding haul. (I still miss Miller, though)
    With Miller it's not just about his ability. His attitude / lack of ego is refreshing nowadays.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Miller Time in 7th. 1 batter, 1 K.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

2 batters, 2 K's.

Sit down, Upton. Join Martin on the bench.

3 batters, 3 K's. Sit down, Pillar.

Damn, I miss Miller.

Miller struck out 2 more in the 8th, including Donaldson. Filthy.

Nice. Love seeing Donaldson, Edwin, and Bautista fail in big spots.

God I miss Miller.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    God I miss Miller.
    Like I said ... Frazier, Sheffield et al. had better turn out to be very, very good.

Like I said ... Frazier, Sheffield et al. had better turn out to be very, very good.
    In terms of et al....we already saw Ben Heller in the pen. But he was pretty much a throw in.

it's not like yankees with miller is doing anything this year. next year? who knows with all the questions in the rotation

Bautista whining about strike calls not going Toronto's way like there's some conspiracy. What a baby. I'm starting to think we've found our replacement for Ortiz.

Blue Jays lead MLB this season in favorable calls.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Bautista whining about strike calls not going Toronto's way like there's some conspiracy. What a baby. I'm starting to think we've found our replacement for Ortiz.

Blue Jays lead MLB this season in favorable calls.
    They are a whiney bunch. Tell Joey when you swing and miss, it's a strike.

NYYF Legend

Cleveland up 1-0 on a double that bounced Bautista off the wall. The wall was man enough to knock him down. Way to dampen the crowd. Keep rolling Cleveland.

lol, first he flubs the catch, then he strikes out looking at a ball on the black. Who is he going to blame now?

NYYF Legend

Can't they just put a sock on that finger? It worked for Schilling.

NYYF Legend

Note to aspiring pitchers: don't work on your drone at playoff time

Thread Information