+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Westworld HBO series

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Well I think the creators said season 1 was basically all prologue to the story they want to tell, which is crazy, and awesome that HBO allows such things to happen.
    Well, I'm certainly happy I didn't give up. I was very close.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Thanks to reddit:

Arnold was building a Frank Lloyd Wright house.

http://www.home-designing.com/2013/0...house-for-sale

So now we know three of the six parks. Westworld, Samurai-world, and Colonialismworld (?)

What do you think the other three would be? I'm guessing Medievalworld, Victorianworld, and Egyptworld.

I guess I'm the only one watching?

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I donít like waiting a week between eps so Iím going to wait until they are all out and then binge them.
    2017 - Better than expected!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Musashi the Ronin was an awesome character. Hope we see some more of him.

He was amazing as was Tao Okamoto was the dragon tattoo lady. That whole scene where they recreated the heist from Westworld was badass. These past two episodes have been the best of the series so far and I'm super excited for where it's all going.

Also want to give a shout out to the music which is just outstanding. I mean, who would have ever thought making an old timey Japanese cover of Wu Tang's CREAM would work? But damn it, it does.

NYYF Legend

Last episode didn't grab me, but the one from the week before was maybe my favorite so far.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

You're not. I've been keeping up but they're starting to get confusing again. I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad it isn't every aspect of the show that's confusing. But I'm waiting for an aha moment now. I get what's happening with Delores, it's Maeve I am trying to figure out (with her Neo Matrix abilities). And which timeline we're in every time we see Bernard. Even when you think it's current, he blanks off and he walks around it like he's taking a tour of his memory. Definitely enjoying it though. A Lot.

This last episode started with that eerie cover of "Paint It Black". Loved it.

oh, and I can't wait to see what happens to Teddy after his alteration.
    In Cashman I trust.

Oh "dopplebot" was the line of the night in the last episode. I couldn't stop laughing.

I was disappointed that we're still on the cliffhanger with William meeting up with his daughter in the previous episode. I hope the next episode goes back to that.
    In Cashman I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    You're not. I've been keeping up but they're starting to get confusing again. I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad it isn't every aspect of the show that's confusing. But I'm waiting for an aha moment now. I get what's happening with Delores, it's Maeve I am trying to figure out (with her Neo Matrix abilities). And which timeline we're in every time we see Bernard. Even when you think it's current, he blanks off and he walks around it like he's taking a tour of his memory. Definitely enjoying it though. A Lot.

This last episode started with that eerie cover of "Paint It Black". Loved it.

oh, and I can't wait to see what happens to Teddy after his alteration.

Theory...

It seems to me Teddy was created in Young William's image. I think this alteration marks a shift to becoming More like the MIB. Also will lead to how he ends up floating in the sea (S2E1) and in the pile of bodies from the most recent ep. The other timeline with Delos Military Force seems to be a few weeks in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by BxBomber44 View Post
    Theory...

It seems to me Teddy was created in Young William's image. I think this alteration marks a shift to becoming More like the MIB. Also will lead to how he ends up floating in the sea (S2E1) and in the pile of bodies from the most recent ep. The other timeline with Delos Military Force seems to be a few weeks in the future...
    I am totally lost with timelines. I’ve accepted that we’re going back and forth to finally converge at a point where it all makes sense. For a while I had thought that any scene with William as the MIB was probably the most current, but I’m questioning that now. As for Teddy, I never drew the comparison. Interesting take.
    In Cashman I trust.

Theory...

I think

the lake of dead hosts is a trojan horse and Delores is gonna reanimate them all once the Delos people brings them out of the park.

Released Outright

admittedly i was partaking last night but the timelines are starting to annoy me again.

Not sure I'm feeling Doloresís "I've made a huge mistake" plot line.

Most recent ep has me as confused as I've been... in a good way. Couple independent thoughts broken up

No idea what to make of the MIB / Daughter talk. Was he forgetful to test her for being a host or is he losing it mentally?

Ghost Nation continues to baffle me. Are they Maeve's ally or enemy? The look on her face seeing the new "mother" was heartbreaking.

Starting to feel like Sizemore is going to be one of those characters that no one takes seriously and is the one leaving the breadcrumbs all along with little sayings and such

I'm so confused about the "cradle". The episode starts with Jeffrey Wright and Dolores doing their interview routine only this time it's shown that it's Dolores running things and doing what appears to be the "fidelity" test on Wright (using his real name since we don't know who he is playing in these scenes). It's shot in letterbox aspect ratio - the same ratio as was used when Bernard is plugged in to the cradle at the end of the episode. What gives?

I'm so confused about the "cradle". The episode starts with Jeffrey Wright and Dolores doing their interview routine only this time it's shown that it's Dolores running things and doing what appears to be the "fidelity" test on Wright (using his real name since we don't know who he is playing in these scenes). It's shot in letterbox aspect ratio - the same ratio as was used when Bernard is plugged in to the cradle at the end of the episode. What gives?
    I've read everything *in the cradle* is a simulation, hence the change in frame. Versus the *reality* of Westworld, Shogun World, Raj World, etc.

I've read everything *in the cradle* is a simulation, hence the change in frame. Versus the *reality* of Westworld, Shogun World, Raj World, etc.
    I understand that, it's basically like the matrix. What confuses me is why Dolores would be giving Bernard/Arnold/who knows? a fidelity test IN the cradle.

I understand that, it's basically like the matrix. What confuses me is why Dolores would be giving Bernard/Arnold/who knows? a fidelity test IN the cradle.
    Could it be Ford posing as Arnold ? Hence "he didn't say that"... he had a misstep and Delores called him out on it. I'm all turned around, moreso than I ever was in Lost

Teddy is now awesome.
    Delores just keeps getting better.
    The MIB getting owned sucked, but I get it.
    The bloodbath throughout the show was great. Thoroughly enjoyable.

My confusion level is getting irritating.

Leave it to a Nolan to keep me so interested and frustrated at the same time.
    In Cashman I trust.

Teddy is basically a terminator now. Boring.
    William MiB can apparently get shot unlimited times and still live because plot.
    No idea what Ford/Bernard/Arnold storyline is about.
    Charlotte is cookie cutter evil corporate villain, and is being well played by the actress, but man that character sucks.

This was the most frustrating episode of the season IMO.

Teddy is basically a terminator now. Boring.
    William MiB can apparently get shot unlimited times and still live because plot.
    No idea what Ford/Bernard/Arnold storyline is about.
    Charlotte is cookie cutter evil corporate villain, and is being well played by the actress, but man that character sucks.

This was the most frustrating episode of the season IMO.
    No way man, Teddy is a gunslinger with modern armor and weaponry. And he’s on a mission. It’s awesome to watch!
    In Cashman I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    No way man, Teddy is a gunslinger with modern armor and weaponry. And heís on a mission. Itís awesome to watch!
    Hunch.... Teddy gonna kill Wyatt / Delores in final scene of season. At least showrunners will have you think that - she'll be brought back S3. Ted-ster foreshadows it in S1.

I watched this last episode twice. Very, very good. Hoping more answers are continuing to come rather than questions.

What Maeve did was pretty badass. Unexpected.
    In Cashman I trust.

Thread Information