+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: NLDS - Los Angeles vs. Washington

Rooting for the Nats tonight but I don't have high hopes based on their recent past, and their manager's career past.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Rooting for the Nats tonight but I don't have high hopes based on their recent past, and their manager's career past.
    Yeah, Dusty Baker in an elimination game -- what could possibly go wrong?

Also, I heard this morning that Scherzer has an ERA over 7 in elimination games.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Yeah, Dusty Baker in an elimination game -- what could possibly go wrong?

Also, I heard this morning that Scherzer has an ERA over 7 in elimination games.
    Yikes, I didn't realize that. How many has he pitched in?

Either way the Giants blowing that lead the other night screwed the winner of this series because the Cubs will have their rotation set but neither LAD/WAS can throw their ace in game 1. You'd like to see Scherzer go 1,4,7 but if they win he'll go 3,6 or 7. Kershaw could go 2,5,7 probably.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Yikes, I didn't realize that. How many has he pitched in?

Either way the Giants blowing that lead the other night screwed the winner of this series because the Cubs will have their rotation set but neither LAD/WAS can throw their ace in game 1. You'd like to see Scherzer go 1,4,7 but if they win he'll go 3,6 or 7. Kershaw could go 2,5,7 probably.
    I think 3. I was actually just reading an article and if I did the math right, his ERA is actually 7.20 in those games: http://natsbaseball.blogspot.com/201...s-time-it.html

2011 ALCS - 2.1 IP, 5 hits, 4 walks, 6 ER.

2012 WS - 6 and a third, 7 hits, 1 walk, 8K, 3 runs.

2013 ALCS - 6.1 IP, 5BB, 4 hits, 3 runs.

So it looks like the 2011 ALCS game is skewing his numbers a bit. Still, he hasn't exactly been dominant in these games.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I think 3. I was actually just reading an article and if I did the math right, his ERA is actually 7.20 in those games: http://natsbaseball.blogspot.com/201...s-time-it.html

2011 ALCS - 2.1 IP, 5 hits, 4 walks, 6 ER.

2012 WS - 6 and a third, 7 hits, 1 walk, 8K, 3 runs.

2013 ALCS - 6.1 IP, 5BB, 4 hits, 3 runs.

So it looks like the 2011 ALCS game is skewing his numbers a bit. Still, he hasn't exactly been dominant in these games.
    I'm not putting much stock in those numbers. He's a stud pitcher and like you said the 2012 and 2013 games quoted are fine. I'm wondering what the dodger s can expect from Hill
    If they ask who was our star, give them twenty five names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    I'm not putting much stock in those numbers. He's a stud pitcher and like you said the 2012 and 2013 games quoted are fine. I'm wondering what the dodger s can expect from Hill
    According to the LA times, you may only see Hill once through the order before Urias comes in. But, they want to give Urias a clean start to an inning, so another reliever may come in between.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...nap-story.html
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    According to the LA times, you may only see Hill once through the order before Urias comes in. But, they want to give Urias a clean start to an inning, so another reliever may come in between.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...nap-story.html
    Interesting...definitely going to be a bullpen game. Excited it's going unaposed, there isn't even a Thursday night college football game to distract me tonight. Game on!
    If they ask who was our star, give them twenty five names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Which team has a better shot against the Cubs? Looks like both Scherzer and Kershaw will only be able to pitch twice.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

In case anyone else is struggling to find the channel, I have it on FS1. Not sure about the NYC area, though.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Which team has a better shot against the Cubs? Looks like both Scherzer and Kershaw will only be able to pitch twice.
    Based on what I have seen this series, Washington. I am really wondering how LA got here.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Great job by Blanton. Hopefully they can get a few innings from him. Well, I hope.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Interesting...definitely going to be a bullpen game. Excited it's going unaposed, there isn't even a Thursday night college football game to distract me tonight. Game on!
    Broncos and Chargers are on.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Broncos and Chargers are on.
    I've been to many Charger games- complete with serious tailgating.

But the stadium tonight, for a nationally televised game....wow, the Broncos have come close to taking over this stadium. With all things considered, this might be worst I've seen the Chargers fan base.

It's only week 6.

i know a lot of posters would like to see Chicago win for their long suffering fans. But sheesh, Washington has also been waiting a really long time.

I think 1924 was the last time Washington DC won a baseball title with the Senators. Walter Johnson was their best pitcher! I know the Twins ended up winning, but not quite the same thing. And the Expos never won before relocating.

So, I have changed my bandwagon status and I'm rooting for the Nats. Nats vs Cleve.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

i know a lot of posters would like to see Chicago win for their long suffering fans. But sheesh, Washington has also been waiting a really long time.

I think 1924 was the last time Washington DC won a baseball title with the Senators. Walter Johnson was their best pitcher! I know the Twins ended up winning, but not quite the same thing. And the Expos never won before relocating.

So, I have changed my bandwagon status and I'm rooting for the Nats. Nats vs Cleve.
    Also, Game 7 of the 1924 World Series was the last time a DC team won a home playoff game.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

NYYF Cy Young

well that was Yankee like
    Devoted Yankee fan since 1961

Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    well that was Yankee like
    Nah. More like a combination of Yankee and Texas Rangers like.

Oh my.

Via ESPN Baseball Tonight twitter:

L.A. Dodgers 0/9 with RISP in their NLDS series against the Washington Nationals.

Wow, that Urias vs Harper showdown was entertaining to watch.

I hope Dellin was taking notes on the importance of holding a runner close to 1b.

NYYF Legend

I think Urias balked three times in that AB where he picked off Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I think Urias balked three times in that AB where he picked off Harper.
    I thought I was watching Andy P on the mound. He got away with the same stuff.

And shouldn't the 1b coach on the Nats have been raising a stink?

NYYF Legend

And shouldn't the 1b coach on the Nats have been raising a stink?
    You'd think. You saw the momentum of his body move towards the plate.

Hey, that 3b coach on the Nats reminded me of our own windmill coach!

Geez Werth was out by a mile at home plate.

Thread Information