+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: ALDS - Cleveland vs Boston

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I am thrilled. I have never bought into the hype around him. He's good overall, but for the most part a disappointment when all the cards are in the table.

Compare him to that guy in SF. (Refuse to say his name because, while I respect his ability, I don't really care for the guy)
    Bumgarner? whats your issue with him?

Price is hilarious
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

I am thrilled. I have never bought into the hype around him. He's good overall, but for the most part a disappointment when all the cards are in the table.

Compare him to that guy in SF. (Refuse to say his name because, while I respect his ability, I don't really care for the guy)
    I love watching David Price fail at baseball.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Bumgarner? whats your issue with him?
    Some might just be I live on the west coast and am married into a Dodgers family. So there's that rivalry thing.

He also seems to be in the middle of his fair share of incidents on the field. And that gets looked over by the media. Now, he's not in Pedro territory or anything but he has a history.

Like I said, I respect his accomplishments, and he lives up to the hype, so far.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Miller says he can go today if necessary.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Miller is warming up in the 4th even though Kubler hasn't given up a run. Now that is Girardi like.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Price out of the game in the 4th. The sound of money being flushed echoes throughout the Red Sox clubhouse.

Some might just be I live on the west coast and am married into a Dodgers family. So there's that rivalry thing.

He also seems to be in the middle of his fair share of incidents on the field. And that gets looked over by the media. Now, he's not in Pedro territory or anything but he has a history.

Like I said, I respect his accomplishments, and he lives up to the hype, so far.
    I'm not a big fan either. He's been good in the post season, which bothers me because I want Rivera to be the best post season pitcher ever....
    Please can the Cubs score off him but still lose the game?
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

Price out of the game in the 4th. The sound of money being flushed echoes throughout the Red Sox clubhouse.
    That sound is sweet music.....

Good news Red Sox fans. He's ready for Game 5 if needed.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

I hope it doesn't come to that.

NYYF Legend

Cleveland wins Game 2, 6-0. Here's hoping they put the Sox away in front of their home crowd on Sunday.

Cleveland wins Game 2, 6-0. Here's hoping they put the Sox away in front of their home crowd on Sunday.
    The season rests on Buchholz's shoulders.......

Leotardo. That's my f***in' legacy... No more, Butchie. No more of this.

I'm rooting for Cleveland for too many reasons to list here.

However, I can't forget the 2007 playoffs where I thought Cleveland had a commanding lead and would beat the Bosox.

I'm not at all confident that Cleveland can close this out. But I have my fingers crossed.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

NYYF Legend

One more game and the Indians sent Fat Papi into retirement with a sweep. That would be so awesome. Though the Boston Police will probably have a giant motorcade for him after the game.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

So glad the Yankees didn't go after Price.
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post

However, I can't forget the 2007 playoffs where I thought Cleveland had a commanding lead and would beat the Bosox.

I'm not at all confident that Cleveland can close this out. But I have my fingers crossed.
    The Cleveland Indians need to set the tone in Game 3.

The Oakland Athletics had a chance to grab a sweep on the Boston Red Sox in the 2003 ALDS after being up 2-0, but they lost all three and were eliminated.

The Los Angeles Angels had to claw their way back in the 2009 ALDS against the Red Sox in Game 3 to sweep the Red Sox.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post

You didn't mention it specifically, except to mention the 2007 playoffs...

Torre was overall a good manager. But the midge game will always be a black mark on his tenure as the Yankees' skipper. He needed to pull the team off the field, and make the umpires make the decision to demand they return to the field.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    You didn't mention it specifically, except to mention the 2007 playoffs...

Torre was overall a good manager. But the midge game will always be a black mark on his tenure as the Yankees' skipper. He needed to pull the team off the field, and make the umpires make the decision to demand they return to the field.
    And refusing to bunt on Curt Schilling's ketchup packet ankle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    The Cleveland Indians need to set the tone in Game 3.

The Oakland Athletics had a chance to grab a sweep on the Boston Red Sox in the 2003 ALDS after being up 2-0, but they lost all three and were eliminated.

The Los Angeles Angels had to claw their way back in the 2009 ALDS against the Red Sox in Game 3 to sweep the Red Sox.
    No way this series is over. It's funny how a franchise has an ability to find ways to lose. Cleveland is right up there. I mean, they were the one team to lose to the Braves.

No way this series is over. It's funny how a franchise has an ability to find ways to lose. Cleveland is right up there. I mean, they were the one team to lose to the Braves.
    That Cleveland crew was probably the best team not to have won a WS in my lifetime. And if they won, then ATL would have that distinction, in my book.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Weather not looking good for today's game.

NYYF MVP

I might put a bet in on Boston at +425 to win the series. I think Cle will lose if it goes 5 and they need to somehow close it out in Boston.

Weather really bad here doubt they play today.
    DFA Gigi Buffon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    I might put a bet in on Boston at +425 to win the series. I think Cle will lose if it goes 5 and they need to somehow close it out in Boston.

Weather really bad here doubt they play today.
    It's not a bad shot, considering Cleveland's next two starters and that fake ballpark.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Thread Information