+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 208 209 210 211
Results 5,251 to 5,261 of 5261
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2016 Winter Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    "If Castro wins the Most Valuable Player award, or finishes first through fifth twice, the final year of the deal and the option year each escalate by $2 million."
    More contracts should have clauses like that. Player showing faith in his mad skillz.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    There was a blurb somewhere that he was throwing 95 in the WBC.
    Heard the same thing (95 mph). Not much to lose here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Carter can't be traded so early, but I would love that.
    Right, JDPNYY pointed that out to me earlier, but I assumed the link from above was for a more extensive injury that would make it a possibility later on.

Of course, the other problem is that Carter won't (or shouldn't) be getting enough ABs to impress other teams I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ball 2008 View Post
    Thats true except for the chance that Cashman falls in love with him a la Mitre, Swarzak, etc.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ball 2008 View Post
    I agree Billy. Mel, as far as Swarzak goes I believe he was pitching hurt after he first came up and Pitching depth is so important you can't turn a blind eye to adding pitchers because a past MilB signing was a poor one.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Right, JDPNYY pointed that out to me earlier, but I assumed the link from above was for a more extensive injury that would make it a possibility later on.

Of course, the other problem is that Carter won't (or shouldn't) be getting enough ABs to impress other teams I don't think.
    Probably not, but as long as he's on the roster Joe is going to use him. He won't be in there every day, but he'll get plenty of turns.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Probably not, but as long as he's on the roster Joe is going to use him. He won't be in there every day, but he'll get plenty of turns.
    I think Cashman made it very clear during his interview yesterday that given the fact that Bird has never played 162 games and he's coming off major shoulder surgery he is going to get regular days off this year. I'm not saying I agree with the strategy, just pointing out that Joe G may not have much of a choice in the matter.

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I think Cashman made it very clear during his interview yesterday that given the fact that Bird has never played 162 games and he's coming off major shoulder surgery he is going to get regular days off this year. I'm not saying I agree with the strategy, just pointing out that Joe G may not have much of a choice in the matter.
    That being the case, we can surely do worse than having last year's NL home run leader as the back up.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I agree Billy. Mel, as far as Swarzak goes I believe he was pitching hurt after he first came up and Pitching depth is so important you can't turn a blind eye to adding pitchers because a past MilB signing was a poor one.
    Give me a break man. Swarzak is garbage. No need to make excuses for him. He's never lived up to prospect hype because of ability not injury. I saw him in the minors when he was a Minny "top prospect." He was a guy who sat 90-92 with below-average command, not much sink and a plus slider. That slider has been erratic/bad for years now in the majors. He just not good, even as a middle reliever and regardless of health.

And what's this about turning a blind eye b/c of Swarzak? I would sign any guy who has ability. I said Frieri likely will be a guy with lackluster stuff but could become a Cashman crush in the same way that Swarzak did, only to singlehandedly lose the NYY games due to his awfulness. But yes, if I saw Frieri and he reminded me of Swarzak I would turn a blind eye or two.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    More contracts should have clauses like that. Player showing faith in his mad skillz.
    I think every player should have that clause as an incentive. If they win MVP, f'ing great, give them the bonus and be happy about it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Give me a break man. Swarzak is garbage. No need to make excuses for him. He's never lived up to prospect hype because of ability not injury. I saw him in the minors when he was a Minny "top prospect." He was a guy who sat 90-92 with below-average command, not much sink and a plus slider. That slider has been erratic/bad for years now in the majors. He just not good, even as a middle reliever and regardless of health.

And what's this about turning a blind eye b/c of Swarzak? I would sign any guy who has ability. I said Frieri likely will be a guy with lackluster stuff but could become a Cashman crush in the same way that Swarzak did, only to singlehandedly lose the NYY games due to his awfulness. But yes, if I saw Frieri and he reminded me of Swarzak I would turn a blind eye or two.
    Anthony Was trowing 94-95 for a time in SWB and had a nice hammer curve working right before his call up. Yes, he didn't work out as planned but a lot don't. Signing a pitcher that had some success on a Milb deal is a good low risk chance for some insurance.

Thread Information