+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 211 FirstFirst ... 20 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 5261
    Suspended

Re: 2016 Winter Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    The Minnesota Twins have made no secret about their willingness to trade star second baseman Brian Dozier, and one team emerging as a possibly-interested partner is the New York Yankees. While their level of interest is unknown, they have checked in on the slugging second baseman.

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heym...-brian-dozier/
    Starlin Castro and some prospects. Castro has insane potential. He's just entering his prime now. Plays great defensively at both 2B and SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Yeah I think the benefits account for most of that difference. Without knowing how to calculate what that will be in 2017 (other than that it will be similar), I'll take your word for it.
    Benefits could go down, I suppose. Less veterans = less benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Starlin Castro and some prospects. Castro has insane potential. He's just entering his prime now. Plays great defensively at both 2B and SS.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why Cashman isn't trying to shop Gardner as a potential CF'er. Just because he currently plays LF for us (out of necessity thanks to the Ellsbury folly) doesn't mean he is incapable of playing CF.
    And you know he's not, how?

NYYF Legend

I know you're kidding here, but if this is to be believed, my bet is that Headley is on the move somewhere in a different deal. Maybe the Dodgers realize they need to get payroll down, and in order to sign Jansen, they can't sign Turner. So maybe Headley is heading there as Turner's replacement. Castro moves to 3rd, where I think he will be OK, better then he was at 2B. He has the reflexes, and the range is much less than at 2B. Dozier replaces Castro at 2B.

If this guess of mine is accurate, wonder what's coming back from the Dodgers. Don't think it's Puig.

NYYF Legend

Career OBP

Castro: .318
    Dozier: .320
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

The Yankees among "several teams" keeping tabs on Luis Valbuena.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/yankees...ifficult-spot/

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    I know you're kidding here, but if this is to be believed, my bet is that Headley is on the move somewhere in a different deal. Maybe the Dodgers realize they need to get payroll down, and in order to sign Jansen, they can't sign Turner. So maybe Headley is heading there as Turner's replacement. Castro moves to 3rd, where I think he will be OK, better then he was at 2B. He has the reflexes, and the range is much less than at 2B. Dozier replaces Castro at 2B.

If this guess of mine is accurate, wonder what's coming back from the Dodgers. Don't think it's Puig.
    I don't know why anyone thinks Castro would be OK at 3B. He's awful at 2B, and now he's going to learn 3B on the fly? I wouldn't accept that to go smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    You should read your own link. He never said he wants 100 mil maybe read your own links?
    He also said , that, he asked for 6 years, but that doesn't mean he will get it.
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why Cashman isn't trying to shop Gardner as a potential CF'er. Just because he currently plays LF for us (out of necessity thanks to the Ellsbury folly) doesn't mean he is incapable of playing CF.
    Agree, Nelson. I've. Always thought that CF is where his real value is.

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    The Yankees among "several teams" keeping tabs on Luis Valbuena.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/yankees...ifficult-spot/
    Don't really understand how Valbuena fits this team. I like him as a player, but it's an odd fit.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    And next year, the $91.2mill of A-Rod, CC, Tanaka, Holliday, and Clippard will be off the books, so right around $58mill in 2018 commitments right now.
    I really think they can get under the cap in 2018 and then have a shot at 2019 Free Agent class.

I don't know why anyone thinks Castro would be OK at 3B. He's awful at 2B, and now he's going to learn 3B on the fly? I wouldn't accept that to go smoothly.
    Okay, then don't accept it. Your choice.

Nevermind, lets extend him. He's still 26, just entering his prime like you say. I'm enthused!

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Nevermind, lets extend him. He's still 26, just entering his prime like you say. I'm enthused!
    What was Dozier doing at the same age?

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Okay, then don't accept it. Your choice.
    Thanks for allowing me my opinion. Cheers.

NYYF Legend

Rob Biertempfel ‏@BiertempfelTrib 28m28 minutes ago Fort Washington, MD
    #pirates ask of Robles & Giolito was rebuffed by Nats, who also wonder about McCutchen's possible skill decline, leadership
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Looks like Melanson and Hill are off the table. Melanson to the Giants and Hill to the Dodgers

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    #pirates ask of Robles & Giolito was rebuffed by Nats, who also wonder about McCutchen's possible skill decline, leadership
    I'd make that trade. Rizzo is a prospect hugger. Hope he doesn't get him for anything less.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    That's a starter package for sale, not mccutchen
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

I'd make that trade. Rizzo is a prospect hugger. Hope he doesn't get him for anything less.
    Why would the Nats trade their top 2 prospects for a declining OF who is a FA in 2 years?

They should use those dudes to get Sale.

NYYF Cy Young

Chapman wants at least 6 years on his next contract. 6 years/20 mill a year seems a little steep for what the Yankees are willing to pay.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Why would the Nats trade their top 2 prospects for a declining OF who is a FA in 2 years?

They should use those dudes to get Sale.
    They are a win now team, within the next two years. They should sell high on Giolito. He's basically Severino with less velocity and control. Robles struggled after being promoted and is still very much an unknown.

Yeah, I take that gamble that McCutchen returns to a 6-8 WAR guy.

Just checking out Dozier stats. Career 108 OPS+, 20+ HR last 3 seasons including 42 last year.

All in.

Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    Chapman wants at least 6 years on his next contract. 6 years/20 mill a year seems a little steep for what the Yankees are willing to pay.
    It would probably be 6 with a lower AAV, but 6 is too long for a reliever. Especially one with odd mechanics like him. Too much of a risk

Thread Information