+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 211 FirstFirst ... 19 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5261
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2016 Winter Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Id be shocked if the Dodgers let Jansen get away (though it did happen with Greinke so it only takes one team to make a huge offer). I think Chapman is going to come down between the Cubs, Marlins, Yanks and Nats, plus probably a mystery team or two. Chapman is going to get PAID.
    I think Dodgers will sign Jansen because they are the only team that doesn't need to give up a 1st rounder and give 70m+.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    That contract will be a disaster before the ink dries. I'd take the under on 200 IP over the 3 years.
    I think Hill could be a good get if you manage him correctly. Not torn up about not getting him.

I think Dodgers will sign Jansen because they are the only team that doesn't need to give up a 1st rounder and give 70m+.
    They'd lose out on getting two 1st round picks.

NYYF Legend

2017 payroll post Holliday signing is now at what, ~$160M with expected arb contracts?

So Melancon got $62M over 4, Jansen is probably worth $75-80, Chapman 90-95

Just read Chapman wants 6/100

PASS

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    2017 payroll post Holliday signing is now at what, ~$160M with expected arb contracts?
    For luxury tax purposes, the Yanks are already over the $195 threshold, including projected arb raises, ARod, McCann, benefits, etc.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    They'd lose out on getting two 1st round picks.
    How would they lose two picks on Jansen or are you adding Turner in there?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Just read Chapman wants 6/100

PASS
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...627214354413-4

NYYF Legend

For luxury tax purposes, the Yanks are already over the $195 threshold, including projected arb raises, ARod, McCann, benefits, etc.
    Do you have a source? I looked it over again and I could see them having ~$170 mil committed right now for next season (including McCann and arb raises), and Arod's AAV is only $10 mil higher than his base, so I would think that would only bring the luxury tax calc up to ~$180 or so.

They obviously need to fill out the other ~10 roster spots, but if they are minimum salary guys, that's another $6 million, so not enough to hit the threshold assuming $180 mil is approximately right.

Genuinely curious to see the accounting, as I couldn't find it.

How would they lose two picks on Jansen or are you adding Turner in there?
    The would "lose" the supp round they stand to get if he signs elsewhere

Cot's has 2017 obligations at $149,150,000 for 8 players-

CC
    Tanaka
    Ellsbury
    Gardner
    Headley
    Holliday
    Castro
    Clippard

including McCann and Arod responsibilities.

17 more players to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    Based on some of your recent posts, I don't think you believe that the Yankees can rebuild and contend at the same time, do you? Don't you think it's wise to have an accomplished successful hitter in the middle of the order to protect Sanchez, Bird & Judge?

I believe they are a #3 starter and a closer away from being a divisional contender. Of course I do consider myself to be an optimist.
    Yes, of course they can rebuild and contend at the same time. That's what they've been doing over the last few years, dirstwith the pitching staff, and then gradually with Didi, Bird, Castro, Sanchez, Judge, and Austin.

But is contending the goal? I hope the version of contending that we've seen for the past few years gets flushed. It's both costly and unproductive. The only way to be a championship caliber team is to put players in place who are in their prime, and preferably at their career peak. Very hard to do that other than by bringing them up through the system. Therefore, I want as many young players to get major league experience as possible. As we saw last year, Judge for playing time in RF when Beltran was vacated from the position. McCNn has been moved to allow Sanchez to have a full shot. Bringing in a veteran indecline like Holliday just blocks the youngsters from getting playing time.

Consider the ages of Judge, Austin, and Bird. They're all 24-25 years old next year. It's not time for them to get more minor league experience. It's put up or shut up time for them. The only way for themto do that is to get regular major league ABs.

Make the Yankees great again!!

That contract will be a disaster before the ink dries. I'd take the under on 200 IP over the 3 years.
    Saw him pitch against the Somerset Patriots during 2015, Hard to believe he went from that to 48 million dollars.

NYYF Legend

Marly Rivera
    ESPN Writer

Aroldis Chapman to me on whether the Cubs have reached out: "The Cubs have never expressed any interest in resigning me, as far as I know."

The deadline was such a fortuitous period in time for the Yankees. My goodness. I still can't fully believe it.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Marly Rivera
    ESPN Writer

Aroldis Chapman to me on whether the Cubs have reached out: "The Cubs have never expressed any interest in resigning me, as far as I know."

The deadline was such a fortuitous period in time for the Yankees. My goodness. I still can't fully believe it.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Do you have a source? I looked it over again and I could see them having ~$170 mil committed right now for next season (including McCann and arb raises), and Arod's AAV is only $10 mil higher than his base, so I would think that would only bring the luxury tax calc up to ~$180 or so.

They obviously need to fill out the other ~10 roster spots, but if they are minimum salary guys, that's another $6 million, so not enough to hit the threshold assuming $180 mil is approximately right.

Genuinely curious to see the accounting, as I couldn't find it.
    Use MLB Cots for guaranteed contracts (total guaranteed dollars divided by total years). Use MLBTR arb projections for the arb players. Add in ARod at 27.5 AAV, McCann's 5.5, and at least league minimum (535k) for each of the remaining 25-man (the second and third year players will be 10-20% more). Last year benefits were 12.9MM so something likely higher for 2017. The rest of the 40-man gets counted too but I'm not sure how. Add it all up, its over 195MM.

Edit: The guaranteed contracts, projected arbs, Arod, McCann, benefits, and 9 league min salaries adds up to 195.45MM. That assumes no bump in benefits, no pre-arb players over league min and no accounting for the remaining 40-man.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Marly Rivera
    ESPN Writer

If Chapman is the reason we don't sign Manny and Harper I'm going to be pissed.

1/ Ohtani on signing for 2017, and posting to MLB "if I want to go, they said they will support me." https://t.co/rKvosl98Kp..

2/ speculation is rampant that 2017 will be Ohtani's last year in NPB prior to posting.

NYYF Legend

Use MLB Cots for guaranteed contracts (total guaranteed dollars divided by total years). Use MLBTR arb projections for the arb players. Add in ARod at 27.5 AAV, McCann's 5.5, and at least league minimum (535k) for each of the remaining 25-man (the second and third year players will be 10-20% more). Last year benefits were 12.9MM so something likely higher for 2017. The rest of the 40-man gets counted too but I'm not sure how. Add it all up, its over 195MM.
    Yeah I think the benefits account for most of that difference. Without knowing how to calculate what that will be in 2017 (other than that it will be similar), I'll take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Cot's has 2017 obligations at $149,150,000 for 8 players-

CC
    Tanaka
    Ellsbury
    Gardner
    Headley
    Holliday
    Castro
    Clippard

including McCann and Arod responsibilities.

17 more players to deal with.
    And next year, the $91.2mill of A-Rod, CC, Tanaka, Holliday, and Clippard will be off the books, so right around $58mill in 2018 commitments right now.

NYYF Legend

Annnnd Otani. We need Otani, Machado, and Harper more than Chapman.

The last 2 years Chapman had a combined 5.2 bWAR and Ziegler had a 4.3 bWAR. Is the difference worth losing out on one of those 8+ WAR monsters? I'm all for getting Chapman, but I hope the Yankees have their priorities in order.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post

You should read your own link. He never said he wants 100 mil maybe read your own links?

The Minnesota Twins have made no secret about their willingness to trade star second baseman Brian Dozier, and one team emerging as a possibly-interested partner is the New York Yankees. While their level of interest is unknown, they have checked in on the slugging second baseman.

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heym...-brian-dozier/

Thread Information