+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 211 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: 2016 Winter Hot Stove Thread

They will not give McCann away of course. But my surmise is that they can get some value for him and that they will take it. But maybe they want to keep the left handed power. Bird, Didi, Headley, Ellsbury/Gardner and or Williams/Hicks -- there is not a whole lot for YS is there? There is a need for a lefty DH.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    You two guys summarized our bats perfectly, imo. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Our standards have really dropped- many of us used to be spoiled Yankees fans. I remember when we practically had an All Star at each position.

Now, there are fans content keeping everyone because they're all equally average, they're a stop gap, or another guy is worse.

On the bright side... outside of our SP, bullpen, and hitting- we have a pretty good team!
    You try to upgrade the team with priority when you don't have unlimited resources. It has nothing to do with the standard being dropped.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    He's a luxury at a position we already have a future star player at (plus Romine and Higashioka.) Why keep him when we can flip him as part of a bigger deal or maybe some extra pitching in the BP? We can always sign another power bat to replace his 20 homers. Just my two cents.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    He's a luxury at a position we already have a future star player at (plus Romine and Higashioka.) Why keep him when we can flip him as part of a bigger deal or maybe some extra pitching in the BP? We can always sign another power bat to replace his 20 homers. Just my two cents.
    I agree..

Because no one will touch his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Because no one will touch his contract.
    That's why I'd prefer to look at losing him as a salary dump. I'm not concerned with who we get in return, the goal should be to lose his contract and open up the DH position.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

NYYF Cy Young

Obviously this is not going to happen, but who would trade Girardi for Showwalter right now? Buck has the fieryness I feel this Yankee team could use, works well with young players and can handle the NY media.... And I don't think oriole fans would mind the change right now...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    I am looking forward to having two of the young pitchers currently in the organization in the starting rotation (from Cessa, Severino, Mitchell, and perhaps Green), just as I am looking forward to having several near rookies in the starting lineup. (Sanchez, Bird, and Judge at least.) I want the Yankees to view next year as a transition year with as many young parts under several years control as possible.

The two young pitchers could go with Tanaka, Pineda, and the refurbished C.C. That is good enough for a transition year. But I think Cashman will try hard to make a trade for another young starter under team control for several years. Maybe Pineda will go; maybe not. C.C. isn't going anywhere.
    This is one post where I agree 100%, and would love to see it happen. Cessa and Green in the 2017 rotation. They could make that trade with the Tigers into a steal.

NYYF Legend

I find it absolutely hilarious the only other idiot GM interested in picking up Yates and Parker is a former Yankee executive.

@Joelsherman1 #Yankees announce Blake Parker/Kirby Yates claimed off waivers by #Angels (former NYY asst GM, current LAA GM Billy Eppler)

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I find it absolutely hilarious the only other idiot GM interested in picking up Yates and Parker is a former Yankee executive.
    My guess is when the Rule 5 Draft comes around then the Angels will picking around our fence.
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Obviously this is not going to happen, but who would trade Girardi for Showwalter right now? Buck has the fieryness I feel this Yankee team could use, works well with young players and can handle the NY media.... And I don't think oriole fans would mind the change right now...
    I would have to think about that one?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    As FA pick ups why not claim them? The Angels BP was a problem for them.

NYYF Legend

Cashman said today he feels the coaching staff will all be back and doesn't feel they will sign any big FA's. I hope he holds true to that unless it's an IFA signing or a Non QO player.

NYYF Cy Young

Cashman said today he feels the coaching staff will all be back and doesn't feel they will sign any big FA's. I hope he holds true to that unless it's an IFA signing or a Non QO player.
    So I guess that means that Larry Rothschild is back. No, no, no.... that doesn't disappoint me at all.

NYYF Legend

So I guess that means that Larry Rothschild is back. No, no, no.... that doesn't disappoint me at all.
    Sort of GM talk at this point. The team meetings prior to the GM meetings will provide more info. I am happy if he holds true to FA's part of the interview.

NYYF Cy Young

Sort of GM talk at this point. The team meetings prior to the GM meetings will provide more info. I am happy if he holds true to FA's part of the interview.
    I mean just how hard would it be to pry Ray Searage away from the Pirates? We are the friggin Yankees. If prestige doesn't do it then sweeten his honeypot!

NYYF Legend

Apparently the Yankee Brass is ok with:

A Manager who is in panic mode all the time from day one.
    A Pitching Coach who is fails to assist pitchers.
    A guy who has no judgment in sending runners home.
    A Bull Pen Coach who adequately answers the phone.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

This is encouraging as it seems Cashman might make a serious run at getting under the luxury tax threshold.

Of course, Heyman will have to find more creative ways to make the Yankees the common mystery team, on orders from Boras.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    This is encouraging as it seems Cashman might make a serious run at getting under the luxury tax threshold.

Of course, Heyman will have to find more creative ways to make the Yankees the common mystery team, on orders from Boras.
    Yea, I used to respect Jon but the last two years have been nothing more than a Boras ploy for planting unwarranted interest in his FA lot.

NYYF Legend

As FA pick ups why not claim them? The Angels BP was a problem for them.
    Because if I wanted to IMPROVE a bullpen, I wouldn't place Yates and Parker on my 40.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Apparently the Yankee Brass is ok with:

A Manager who is in panic mode all the time from day one.
    A Pitching Coach who is fails to assist pitchers.
    A guy who has no judgment in sending runners home.
    A Bull Pen Coach who adequately answers the phone.
    Source?

I mean just how hard would it be to pry Ray Searage away from the Pirates? We are the friggin Yankees. If prestige doesn't do it then sweeten his honeypot!
    This. He's from Long Island. The opportunity to come home has to be appealing to him too.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I agree with you about the fireyness but

Pigeon holing pitchers into certain roles needs to go away. No reason not to use Britton last night except for the fact that he has the title of closer.

If you're going to lose at least lose with your best. If you have the bases loaded who do you want batting? Prime Arod or Aaron Hicks? Buck left Prime Arod on the bench
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

you think the Dbacks would be interested in a straight swap of Robbie Ray for Pineda?

Two nutcases, but Ray's a lefty and two years younger.

Who knows, maybe Ray's stats were a product of bad luck

Lets deal Pineda for some SP prospects.

I want to see what Jordan Montgomery, Chance Adams, Dietrich Enns, and maybe even Justus Sheffield can do in the rotation.

Thread Information