+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 211 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5261

Re: 2016 Winter Hot Stove Thread

Bump - Last time

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Does anyone actually get fired from this organization since Hal became the owner?

Lets go back to George when he fired someone almost every week
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

oooohhhhh mmmmyyyyy gaaawwwdddd

Cashman just show your face in some office or on a cell phone so I at least know you're trying.

NYYF Legend

Alex Wood. Love this trade target. Need a 2B? Dozier too expensive? I know of an amazing one that hit 20+ HRs last season. He's in his prime too.

http://bronx.locals.baseballprospect...get-alex-wood/

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Alex Wood. Love this trade target. Need a 2B? Dozier too expensive? I know of an amazing one that hit 20+ HRs last season. He's in his prime too.

http://bronx.locals.baseballprospect...get-alex-wood/
    Can just see the headlines "Cashman gets Wood."

He is a good target, presuming his acquisition cost is a buy-low scenario.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Lets go back to George when he fired someone almost every week
    No, let's have an organization where after a few years time if you have not gotten results you are replaced. Nobody wants the way it was under George but now things are just at the opposite extreme.

No, let's have an organization where after a few years time if you have not gotten results you are replaced. Nobody wants the way it was under George but now things are just at the opposite extreme.
    Not only that but there were different phases to George. You don't need to go back to the worst aspects of George's tenure. And although some people get defensive over Hal, he simply isn't better than George in every way.

I agree with you that I wish Hal made more personnel changes- every few years would be fine with me.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

http://riveraveblues.com/2017/01/201...s-year-148611/...

Catchers: None
    Infielders: Abi Avelino, Thairo Estrada, Gleyber Torres, Tyler Wade
    Outfielders: Rashad Crawford, Dustin Fowler, Clint Frazier, Billy McKinney, Leonardo Molina, Tito Polo
    Pitchers: Albert Abreu, Domingo Acevedo, Ian Clarkin, Nestor Cortes, J.P. Feyereisen, Zack Littell, Jordan Montgomery, Eric Swanson, Stephen Tarpley

That list doesn’t include outfielder Jake Cave, righty Nick Rumbelow, and lefties Daniel Camarena and Chaz Hebert, all of whom will become minor league free agents after the 2017 season

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    http://riveraveblues.com/2017/01/201...s-year-148611/...

Catchers: None
    Infielders: Abi Avelino, Thairo Estrada, Gleyber Torres, Tyler Wade
    Outfielders: Rashad Crawford, Dustin Fowler, Clint Frazier, Billy McKinney, Leonardo Molina, Tito Polo
    Pitchers: Albert Abreu, Domingo Acevedo, Ian Clarkin, Nestor Cortes, J.P. Feyereisen, Zack Littell, Jordan Montgomery, Eric Swanson, Stephen Tarpley

That list doesn’t include outfielder Jake Cave, righty Nick Rumbelow, and lefties Daniel Camarena and Chaz Hebert, all of whom will become minor league free agents after the 2017 season

Ouch. There are quite a few names there that we'll have to protect. I'm interested to see how Cash handles this, but I'd imagine we will be very active on the trade market one way or another. Whether it's multiple players-for-one deals, pazos-esque deals, or gamel-esque deals, there are ways around this issue. But it won't be easy to protect everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    Ouch. There are quite a few names there that we'll have to protect. I'm interested to see how Cash handles this, but I'd imagine we will be very active on the trade market one way or another. Whether it's multiple players-for-one deals, pazos-esque deals, or gamel-esque deals, there are ways around this issue. But it won't be easy to protect everyone.
    I would even include Feyereisien hes supposed to be a top notch reliever.

NYYF Legend

Meh. Wait until the deadline and they'll probably answer the questions for you via performance and injury without having to pull a skittish/short-sighted deal.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Does anyone actually get fired from this organization since Hal became the owner?
    Alex Rodriguez?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

How can we forget Kevin Long?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Alex Rodriguez?
    They are still paying him and he's coming into ST as a special advisor. I suppose more of a demotion.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    How can we forget Kevin Long?
    Hitting coach's are the exception

I guess this is it. Warren gets a fighting chance to start, and Enns and Montgomery will likely have to wait their turn after ST.

"We stay engaged with the marketplace, but I think more likely than not — 99 percent likely — we are going to be going to camp with what we have," Cashman told Jim Bowden on the former GM's SiriusXM radio show Monday morning.
    "And that's (Mashiro) Tanaka, CC (Sabathia) and (Michael) Pineda locked into three spots and then five guys competing for the final two spots between — in no order — (Adam) Warren, (Luis) Cessa, (Chad) Green, (Bryan) Mitchell and (Luis) Severino."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2941444
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I guess this is it. Warren gets a fighting chance to start, and Enns and Montgomery will likely have to wait their turn after ST.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2941444
    Maybe Cashman said something to Mazzeo off the record, but we'll never know. Your second box isn't a quote from Cashman and since it isn't, we really don't know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Maybe Cashman said something to Mazzeo off the record, but we'll never know. Your second box isn't a quote from Cashman and since it isn't, we really don't know what it means.
    Strange...I know that it looks like what you said. But, the 2nd quote was from Cashman to Bowden on his radio show, as was the first.

But based on the link, it appears the article has changed.

E vivo!!!!!!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/0...ing-price.html

King Cash has spoken. Looks like he's calling it an off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Strange...I know that it looks like what you said. But, the 2nd quote was from Cashman to Bowden on his radio show, as was the first.

But based on the link, it appears the article has changed.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    E vivo!!!!!!

Glad to hear it. Stick to the plan.

NYYF Legend

I'd pass on Giancarlo, he's never been able to stay healthy. On the wrong side of 30, with that body type, it could turn into a disaster quick.

1000000% true. I can see him having Tex type issues the last 4-6 years of that contract. Superb, generational talent, but "has not/probably will not" have the career he could have had due to the injuries.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    E vivo!!!!!!

Gross. Our infield is a disaster and not in any way setup for the future. Go trade Castro to the Dodgers dummy.

Colby Rasmus signed with the Rays.

Gross. Our infield is a disaster and not in any way setup for the future. Go trade Castro to the Dodgers dummy.
    Obviously the Dodgers have learned their lesson. That decision is water under the bridge.

Thread Information