+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 211 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5261
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2016 Winter Hot Stove Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Forgot Rangers have Odor. Nevermind. Castro makes no sense.

Also, I don't know what RC+ numbers you are looking at, but his mL figures aren't pedestrian.

I take pedestrian back. Just didn't seem worthy of being ranked #1 overall prospect IMO....but I guess considering his age at the time, they expected him to only get better. He was very young for the leagues he was playing in. Disregard!

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I take pedestrian back. Just didn't seem worthy of being ranked #1 overall prospect IMO....but I guess considering his age at the time, they expected him to only get better. He was very young for the leagues he was playing in. Disregard!
    That #1 ranking was pre-2013. He posted a wRC+ of 142 in 2011 and 127 in 2012 with a BB/K of 131 to 142. Plus the defense and the age. People are talking about Gleyber as #1 and Profar was a full year younger when he finished AA and had better offensive numbers. Guy was a beast.

I'd love to get Profar, I imagine some team will. It doesn't make sense to stick him in the OF with his glove on the infield, and you still have to appreciate the plate discipline he's had. I'd love to dump Castro and stick him at 2B. He's the exact kind of player the Yankees should be targeting with their current team.

NYYF Legend

Texas really has nowhere else to play him right now. Gallo will also need to either switch positions or play DH.

I saw an interesting trade proposal in the RAB mailbag - Ellsbury for Choo. Similar dollars remaining on their deals. I'd do it.

Texas really has nowhere else to play him right now. Gallo will also need to either switch positions or play DH.

I saw an interesting trade proposal in the RAB mailbag - Ellsbury for Choo. Similar dollars remaining on their deals. I'd do it.
    Saw that too. Interesting and fits both teams' needs, but TEX is looking for offense right now so trading Choo now might not work for them. Maybe if/when they find another bat.

NYYF HOF

I gotta say, no one beats Rosenthal when it comes to breaking trades/signings. He's on top of everything.

Gotta be the bowtie.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Damn Nats.

@Joelsherman1 So #Nationals did offer more as @barrysvrluga reported though there were deferrals, but Jansen preferred to stay with the #Dodgers

NYYF Legend

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 5m5 minutes ago
    #Nationals offseason so far: obtain Eaton for huge prospect return. Swing and miss on Melancon, Jansen, Sale
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Damn Nats.

[/B][/URL]
    Damn Marlins. Yankees would have moved up another notch in the draft if Jansen had signed with Florida

Damn Nats.

[/B][/URL]
    There's something off with that franchise. Besides not being able to win one playoff series since they've moved to DC.

NYYF Legend

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 2m2 minutes ago
    Nats offered about $85M to Jansen (there were some deferrals tho)
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    It's not like the Dodgers offered peanuts. And honestly with that kind of money do you want to live in LA where it's warm and sunny and the fans love you or pack up and move to washington DC?

I know which one I'd be choosing.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Harper can't wait to get out of there.

Turner close to signing for 4/64. We got Headley for 4/52..two years ago. No wonder Cash didn't find a suitor.

Dodgers spent $142M today. Cool.

Choo/Ellsbury has been brought up a few times on here I think. I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Dodgers spent $142M today. Cool.
    For the most part, it was justified.

The Rich Hill deal is another story altogether - they're going to regret that deal by the All Star break.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Choo/Ellsbury has been brought up a few times on here I think. I'd do it.
    What about Betances and Ellsbury for Werth, Robles, and Fedde?

This is failure in the Chapman negotiations. Very bad idea to give him a NTC.

@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: Jansen deal with #Dodgers does not include no-trade clause. Assignment bonus if traded. Three-year opt-out, as @TBrownYahoo said.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    There's something off with that franchise. Besides not being able to win one playoff series since they've moved to DC.
    They only won one playoff series as the Expos

Jansen wasn't also passed around like a cheap whore like Chapman was, though. That NTC wasn't ever coming off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Jansen wasn't also passed around like a cheap whore like Chapman was, though. That NTC wasn't ever coming off the table.
    This.

NYYF Legend

NTC's are a bit overrated... I've rarely seen it become an obstacle to moving somebody... the only instance that I've experienced was probably Teixeira coming out and saying outright that he wanted to be buried in pinstripes
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Interesting: Dollars for Kenley Jansen, Aroldis Chapman & Mark Melancon in the last week: $228 million. Total dollars Mariano Rivera earned: $169 million
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

I agree, and said this several times prior to the deal being reached. They should have given him a clause that includes a cash bonus if he gets traded that gets smaller as time goes on, e.g. $2MM if traded year 1, $1.5MM if traded year 2, $1MM if traded year 3... nothing after that. Something along those lines, to retain the flexibility to deal him whenever/wherever. It reduces the odds he gets traded (if that's truly what "family guy" Chapman wants) or at least gives him a nice payout if he does.

Chapman got a couple of months vacation in Chicago, and walked away with a WS ring and a ~$500k share of the winnings. Oh noes!!!1!

I've made a huge mistake Gob Rules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I agree, and said this several times prior to the deal being reached. They should have given him a clause that includes a cash bonus if he gets traded that gets smaller as time goes on, e.g. $2MM if traded year 1, $1.5MM if traded year 2, $1MM if traded year 3... nothing after that. Something along those lines, to retain the flexibility to deal him whenever/wherever. It reduces the odds he gets traded (if that's truly what "family guy" Chapman wants) or at least gives him a nice payout if he does.

Chapman got a couple of months vacation in Chicago, and walked away with a WS ring and a ~$500k share of the winnings. Oh noes!!!1!
    Man, and we got some sick prospects, we'll live

Thread Information