+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF HOF

World Baseball Classic Qualifiers In Brooklyn Start Tomorrow

From tomorrow through Sunday, Great Britain, Israel, Pakistan, and Brazil will compete for the last spot in the 2017 World Baseball Classic. The qualifiers will be at MCU Park where the Brooklyn Cyclones play. Notable people involved include Brazil manager Barry Larkin, Great Britain bullpen coach Trevor Hoffman, and Israel players former Yankee and Met Ike Davis and 124 game winner Jason Marquis. Marquis has tied for the 42nd most wins in MLB in the 2000s. He was an All-Star once and won 15 games twice. He could also hit and is one of three pitchers with two seasons in the 2000s with at least 10 RBI. http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/...alifying-round has the schedule. The 2017 World Baseball Classic will have:

Japan, Cuba, China, and Australia in Group A at the Tokyo Dome

South Korea, Chinese Taipei, Netherlands, and the winner of the qualifying group in Brooklyn in Group B at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul

United States, Dominican Republic, Canada, and Colombia in Group C at Marlins Park

Mexico, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Italy in Group D at Estadio de Béisbol Charros de Jalisco in Guadalajara

NYYF Legend

Re: World Baseball Classic Qualifiers In Brooklyn Start Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    From tomorrow through Sunday, Great Britain, Israel, Pakistan, and Brazil will compete for the last spot in the 2017 World Baseball Classic. The qualifiers will be at MCU Park where the Brooklyn Cyclones play. Notable people involved include Brazil manager Barry Larkin, Great Britain bullpen coach Trevor Hoffman, and Israel players former Yankee and Met Ike Davis and 124 game winner Jason Marquis. Marquis has tied for the 42nd most wins in MLB in the 2000s. He was an All-Star once and won 15 games twice. He could also hit and is one of three pitchers with two seasons in the 2000s with at least 10 RBI. http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/...alifying-round has the schedule. The 2017 World Baseball Classic will have:

Japan, Cuba, China, and Australia in Group A at the Tokyo Dome

South Korea, Chinese Taipei, Netherlands, and the winner of the qualifying group in Brooklyn in Group B at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul

United States, Dominican Republic, Canada, and Colombia in Group C at Marlins Park

Mexico, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Italy in Group D at Estadio de Béisbol Charros de Jalisco in Guadalajara
    I have been looking forward to this. Planning on going to at least 4 of the 6 games. Go Israel!

NYYF HOF

Brazil beat Pakistan 10-0 on the mercy rule. I read Brazil is the favorite. I'm going to root for Israel tomorrow at 12:00 P.M. It was decided that Israel will play tomorrow at 12:00 P.M. regardless of whether they're in the winners game or the losers game, and it must be so Israel wouldn't play on Shabbat. http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/...game_tab=plays has the box score and play-by-play for the game in progress, where Israel is batting on the bottom of the fifth tied at 1. Israel's lineup includes former Red Sox catcher Ryan Lavarnway, former Oakland player Nate Freiman, and former Met Josh Satin. Great Britain's leadoff hitter, Antoan Richardson, was a September callup for the Yankees in 2014, during which time he had 13 games, 17 plate appearances, 5 hits, and 5 stolen bases. Richardson had a walk tonight before being taken out of the game.

NYYF Legend

Brazil used a 15-year old as a reliever for two outs, allowing one hit and one walk, while hitting 94 on the gun.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266...ows-23-innings

Brazil is playing without Yan Gomes, their lone MLB player. They have players in the Japanese Major Leagues, I doubt they have those either.

Two of Brazil's infielders are sons of Dante Bichette (he married a Brazilian.) Dante Jr., the elder at 23, is in the Yankee farm system. The younger, Bo Bichette, is the No. 12 ranked Blue Jays prospect.

Brazil looked like they belonged last time, I hope they make it again.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Israel beat Brazil 1-0 in the afternoon game to advance to the final game on Sunday. Tonight England plays Pakistan with the winner playing Brazil tomorrow night and the winner of that game plays Israel. And Israel could not play tonight and tomorrow's game will be 8 PM start because Israel could have played had they lost today.

NYYF Legend

Ike Davis who played earlier this season for the Yankees is on the Israeli team.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Ike Davis who played earlier this season for the Yankees is on the Israeli team.
    I said that in my first post. Both of Israel's wins had saves by Brad Goldberg, who had a 2.84 for Charlotte, which is the White Sox's AAA team. I was at the game. I have no idea what the lowest scoring Yankee game I've been to was, but I doubt I had been to a 1-0 game before today. Brazil has two sons of Dante Bichette. Bo Bichette was drafted by Toronto this year and had a 1.182 OPS in 91 plate appearances in the Gulf Coast League. Dante Bichette Jr. had a .715 OPS for Trenton.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Brazil used a 15-year old as a reliever for two outs, allowing one hit and one walk, while hitting 94 on the gun.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266...ows-23-innings

Brazil is playing without Yan Gomes, their lone MLB player. They have players in the Japanese Major Leagues, I doubt they have those either.

Two of Brazil's infielders are sons of Dante Bichette (he married a Brazilian.) Dante Jr., the elder at 23, is in the Yankee farm system. The younger, Bo Bichette, is the No. 12 ranked Blue Jays prospect.

Brazil looked like they belonged last time, I hope they make it again.
    Child abuse comes to mind.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    I said that in my first post. Both of Israel's wins had saves by Brad Goldberg, who had a 2.84 for Charlotte, which is the White Sox's AAA team. I was at the game. I have no idea what the lowest scoring Yankee game I've been to was, but I doubt I had been to a 1-0 game before today. Brazil has two sons of Dante Bichette. Bo Bichette was drafted by Toronto this year and had a 1.182 OPS in 91 plate appearances in the Gulf Coast League. Dante Bichette Jr. had a .715 OPS for Trenton.

You were at the afternoon game? That's the only one I could not attend. England blasted Pakistan 14-0 in the night game. How was Pakistan even allowed to be in the qualifier. Out scored 24-0 in their two games.

Thread Information