+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF HOF

Three Players With 100+ RBI Having RBI In The Same Game Against The Yankees

Before Mookie Betts, David Ortiz, and Hanley Ramirez yesterday, does anybody know the last time (if it has ever happened) that three players had RBI in a game against the Yankees and all three of them ended the game with at least 100 RBI? Since the Yankees started in 1903 (they were the Highlanders then), there have been 134 team seasons with at least three players with at least 100 RBI. I can eliminate all team seasons in the NL until 2013 during which time there were no interleague games or no interleague games late enough for players to have reached 100 RBI by then. There have been no NL teams with at least three players with at least 100 RBI from 2013 to now. There have been 66 team seasons since 1903 where an AL team other than the Yankees had at least three players with at least 100 RBI.
    To read my comments about baseball, soccer, and other things, go to https://twitter.com/EvanJ3535 which I joined on June 21, 2016.

NYYF HOF

Re: Three Players With 100+ RBI Having RBI In The Same Game Against The Yankees

Before this series, the last time three players had RBI in a game against the Yankees and all three of them ended the game with at least 100 RBI was on September 19, 2000 in a 16-3 loss at Toronto. The three players were Tony Batista, Carlos Delgado, and Brad Fullmer.
    To read my comments about baseball, soccer, and other things, go to https://twitter.com/EvanJ3535 which I joined on June 21, 2016.

Thread Information