+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18

Re: 2017 International Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Maybe the Yanks are going to trade some of their cash to the Padres, who have a top system and would probably want to have a few more bucks to offer Ohtani (they can only give him $300K right now).
    The Pads are capped at 300K to any one international free agent though. Even if we traded them 3 million, the most they could offer Ohtani is still only 300K. All the NL teams are capped at 300K; the AL teams--Rangers, Mariners, and Angels--are not capped.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    The Pads are capped at 300K to any one international free agent though. Even if we traded them 3 million, the most they could offer Ohtani is still only 300K. All the NL teams are capped at 300K; the AL teams--Rangers, Mariners, and Angels--are not capped.
    Ahhh, good point. I didn’t realize that.

Ohtani will surprise me again, if it's not a AL team.

Suspended

We should still move some of our cash. It's at a premium right now. Everyone has a whiff of Otani. Leverage that.

I'm not reading anything too exciting about these guys available.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    We should still move some of our cash. It's at a premium right now. Everyone has a whiff of Otani. Leverage that.

I'm not reading anything too exciting about these guys available.
    Four of the seven teams left are locked at 300K being the most they can pay any one player, plus people think Ohtani has maybe already decided.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Four of the seven teams left are locked at 300K being the most they can pay any one player, plus people think Ohtani has maybe already decided.
    You can still leverage the Mariner and Angels.

The rumors Otani decided are exactly that. The rumors also stated the Yankees were a leading candidate.

You make so many definitive-sounding declarative statements and so few of them are true, it's pretty entertaining. For all we know, Ohtani decided who he wanted a year ago.

Ben Badler said NY was still in on Cabello and Salinas as far as he knew this morning.

You make so many definitive-sounding declarative statements and so few of them are true, it's pretty entertaining. For all we know, Ohtani decided who he wanted a year ago.

Ben Badler said NY was still in on Cabello and Salinas as far as he knew this morning.

Suspended

You are the one that stated Otani already has made his decision. I'm letting you know that wasnt definitive and just a rumor. Mariners then subsequently traded for more IFA bonus money with the Marlins.

Who was the one wrong and being entertaining again?

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    You are the one that stated Otani already has made his decision. I'm letting you know that wasnt definitive and just a rumor. Mariners then subsequently traded for more IFA bonus money with the Marlins.

Who was the one wrong and being entertaining again?
    Hahahaha! I very clearly said "people think Ohtani has maybe already decided." Yeah, that's definitive, but good to know your reading comprehension is on a par with your talent evaluation abilities (mods: please note I mean that he is truly superb at both, obviously).

Martinez's showcase is tomorrow, sounds like he might be a major bargain and way ahead of the Braves prospects:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/inte...Z6t7Y7VU7V3.97

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Jesse Sanchez:
    Sources: Yunior Severino has agreed to a $2.5 million deal with the Twins. The deal has not been finalized and is pending a physical.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Jesse Sanchez:
    Sources: Yunior Severino has agreed to a $2.5 million deal with the Twins. The deal has not been finalized and is pending a physical.
    Ooooh, he got MORE than his initial bonus!

Something really must have been up with Gutierrez. Or he is a diehard Phillies fan.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post

Want. Want. Want. I hope he's the Yankees' top target.

Want. Want. Want. I hope he's the Yankees' top target.
    Me, too; me, too; me, too... looks like he's filled out some since the previous video we've seen was made. Dude looks like he could be both a top of the order guy and even a middle of the order guy. Just looks like the consummate baseball player. Wish they'd have included some video of him running, throwing, & fielding as well. Regardless, sign this guy Hal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Jesse Sanchez:
    Are we gonna get any of those Braves guys? We have a lot of money and guys are signing with other teams
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

What good international players are available for us to us our money? I thought once we lost out on Othani, we would have had a couple of those braves guys, but those guys are signing with other teams. Who are the guys we should be targeting with all that international money we have?
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Addicted Member

Julio Pablo Martinez
    Raimfer Salinas
    Antonio Cabello
    Osleivis Basabe
    Juan Contreras
    Jeffry Marte

The Yankees probably have a much longer list.
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

NYYF Cy Young

Mariners are trying to dump money they acquired for Otani. Are we at our limit yet?
    When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

NYYF Legend

Yes, we are.

NYYF Legend

Marte signs with the Rays, bonus not known, but they only had $440K left at this point.

Thread Information