+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2017 International Free Agency

WOW then they got a good amount from The O's.

Addicted Member

So, with $4.2 million left and a reported $1.05 million going to Rojas, we still have plenty of shopping to do. With the remaining $3.15 million, do we sign all three of the remaining top guys to whom we've been attached or is there really a back room Otani deal?
    In his AL East signing forecast, Badler (subs. req’d) linked the Yankees to several players who have not yet signed. Here’s where those players are ranked by MLB.com and Baseball America:

Venezuelan OF Raimfer Salinas (6th by MLB.com, 10th by BA): “(There’s) a belief the young outfielder has the potential to be a legitimate five-tool player and an impact player in the near future,” says the MLB.com scouting report.
    Venezuelan C Antonio Cabello (8th by MLB.com, 15th by BA): “(He) hits in games and his makeup is considered off of the charts. He has built a reputation as a tough and hard-nosed competitor who hates to lose,” says the MLB.com write-up.
    Venezuelan SS Osleivis Basabe (NR by MLB.com, 46th by BA): “On pure athleticism, Basabe is one of the best in the class … Basabe is a great athlete with good bat speed but his hitting remains a project,” says the Baseball America scouting report.

http://riveraveblues.com/2017/07/201...garcia-156946/
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927 View Post
    So, with $4.2 million left and a reported $1.05 million going to Rojas, we still have plenty of shopping to do. With the remaining $3.15 million, do we sign all three of the remaining top guys to whom we've been attached or is there really a back room Otani deal?
    In his AL East signing forecast, Badler (subs. req’d) linked the Yankees to several players who have not yet signed. Here’s where those players are ranked by MLB.com and Baseball America:

Venezuelan OF Raimfer Salinas (6th by MLB.com, 10th by BA): “(There’s) a belief the young outfielder has the potential to be a legitimate five-tool player and an impact player in the near future,” says the MLB.com scouting report.
    Venezuelan C Antonio Cabello (8th by MLB.com, 15th by BA): “(He) hits in games and his makeup is considered off of the charts. He has built a reputation as a tough and hard-nosed competitor who hates to lose,” says the MLB.com write-up.
    Venezuelan SS Osleivis Basabe (NR by MLB.com, 46th by BA): “On pure athleticism, Basabe is one of the best in the class … Basabe is a great athlete with good bat speed but his hitting remains a project,” says the Baseball America scouting report.

http://riveraveblues.com/2017/07/201...garcia-156946/
    Thanks .. I hope of the bunch we sign Cabello. I like the Make -up quote. Love that take on a catcher. Munson-ish. BTW if it's for Otani as K thinks, All bets off, Im all in!!

NYYF Legend

Some believe the Yankees are gearing up for a run at Shohei Otani.
    https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/ins...lander-traded/

Despite my a$$hole tingling when I read this, I refuse to get excited.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post

He said the same thing under the Rangers notes.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but can someone explain to me with the new international spending limits, how Japanese players and the posting system now works?

Guys like Tanaka and Darvish got huge salaries and basically an equal amount in posting fees. Is it now just that they can pay the big posting fees and the salaries have to fit within the international spending budget?

NYYF Legend

Ditto !!

I'm excited, it's the only thing that makes sense(in that it's the thing that I want to make sense for loading up on IFA payroll)

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Agreed. This team is overly disappointing in grabbing IFAs we should.

Tanaka the only exception.

Yogi Buck

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Agreed. This team is overly disappointing in grabbing IFAs we should.

Tanaka the only exception.
    Agreed, with all the rules it was one of the few areas where they could use their monetary advantage.
    [B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

NYYF Legend

The word is Rojas will be signed for 1+ mill on his 16 birthday ( Aug. 26). That will be interesting. Also Cabello, Basebe, Salinas, And Murcano haven't signed as of yet?

NYYF Legend

Strange no updates from J2? Some FA's are of age (16) to sign. Is this due to Otani?

Addicted Member

Ronny Rojas' 16th birthday is Wednesday. We've been pretty strongly connected to him. If he doesn't sign, the Otani speculation will heat up.
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927 View Post
    Ronny Rojas' 16th birthday is Wednesday. We've been pretty strongly connected to him. If he doesn't sign, the Otani speculation will heat up.
    My thoughts also...

Rojas' birthday is the 23rd, not the 26th as mentioned above, so it is actually Wednesday for those of us keeping an eye on this.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Does anyone have or know of a link to what the rules are for Otani if he does come over?

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Does anyone have or know of a link to what the rules are for Otani if he does come over?
    In terms of what? He's subject to the same rules as every other prospect that falls under the spending limits.

Otani is an idiot if he comes over the year before he can get PAID.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah! View Post
    Otani is an idiot if he comes over the year before he can get PAID.
    He has to wait two seasons if he wants to get paid what he deserves, after the 2019 season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    He has to wait two seasons if he wants to get paid what he deserves, after the 2019 season.
    And he should. I'm hoping we're spending the extra IFA dough on Rojas and other.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah! View Post
    And he should. I'm hoping we're spending the extra IFA dough on Rojas and other.
    Or...Otani could come over, we can sign him, have a top notch ace level SP for 10+ years and win championships with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFortune3 View Post
    Or...Otani could come over, we can sign him, have a top notch ace level SP for 10+ years and win championships with him.
    Yeah, I'm definitely on the "let's get Otani at all costs" bandwagon. Is there anybody who's not on it?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely on the "let's get Otani at all costs" bandwagon. Is there anybody who's not on it?
    I have asked Jesse Sanchez if Rojas has signed but no reply as of yet... The longer this goes on the Otani speculation strengthens.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    I have asked Jesse Sanchez if Rojas has signed but no reply as of yet... The longer this goes on the Otani speculation strengthens.
    I wouldn't worry about that one. Think about what else?

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    I say we bribe somebody, grease some palms and rig the game in our favor. Ensuring that we do it all hands off and don't get caught of course.

David Lennon‏
    Verified account
    ....@DPLennon 6m
    6 minutes ago

More
    Cashman en route to Japan to see Otani. Going to be interesting to see how plays out with new international rules & maybe posting changes.

Thread Information