+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 74
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    I have not received an E Mail from the Yankees concerning 2017 Ticket renewals or Post Season tickets invoice. Has anyone received an E Mail because I believe they had notified us last season by Sept. 1st.

  2. #2
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I have not received an E Mail from the Yankees concerning 2017 Ticket renewals or Post Season tickets invoice. Has anyone received an E Mail because I believe they had notified us last season by Sept. 1st.
    I have not received either. Mets sent their's out on 8/15 and there deadline to for playoffs and renewals is today.

  3. #3
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I have not received an E Mail from the Yankees concerning 2017 Ticket renewals or Post Season tickets invoice. Has anyone received an E Mail because I believe they had notified us last season by Sept. 1st.
    Based on the season-ticket holder survey we got last month and based on some rumors I read in the media, I think they might still be "considering" the pricing model where ticket prices are based on the opponent and the day of the week. Questions about that plan were prominent on the survey. And this is only a thought on why we didn't get the invoice yet; nothing official.
    The MLB schedule is due to be released in a week or two, so this year we might not get the ticket invoice until after the schedule is out, which would be nice for us 20-game plan holders.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

  4. #4

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Based on the season-ticket holder survey we got last month and based on some rumors I read in the media, I think they might still be "considering" the pricing model where ticket prices are based on the opponent and the day of the week. Questions about that plan were prominent on the survey. And this is only a thought on why we didn't get the invoice yet; nothing official.
    The MLB schedule is due to be released in a week or two, so this year we might not get the ticket invoice until after the schedule is out, which would be nice for us 20-game plan holders.
    My rep had mentioned mid Sept.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    My rep had mentioned mid Sept.
    Well that would be a little better than the last few seasons where you had to have your first payment in by September 10th.

  6. #6
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    My rep had mentioned mid Sept.
    I just looked back and saw that last year I downloaded the schedule into my computer on September 9.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

  7. #7

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Based on the season-ticket holder survey we got last month and based on some rumors I read in the media, I think they might still be "considering" the pricing model where ticket prices are based on the opponent and the day of the week. Questions about that plan were prominent on the survey. And this is only a thought on why we didn't get the invoice yet; nothing official.
    The MLB schedule is due to be released in a week or two, so this year we might not get the ticket invoice until after the schedule is out, which would be nice for us 20-game plan holders.
    That would be a reason not to renew

  8. #8

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Probably also waiting on MLB approval to include playoff invoices so Yankees can offer a discount if you renew.

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackFromBrick View Post
    Probably also waiting on MLB approval to include playoff invoices so Yankees can offer a discount if you renew.
    The Mets sent out their invoices last month

  10. #10
    Super Moderator PuffNettles9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    40-49'37'' N 073-55'40'' W

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I just looked back and saw that last year I downloaded the schedule into my computer on September 9.
    Last year the full schedule came out the day after labor day so im expecting the same this tuesday.

    my rep told me before the BAL series that invoices would be going out first week of sept w/playoff invoices pending the outcome of that home series vs BAL
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post
    Last year the full schedule came out the day after labor day so im expecting the same this tuesday.

    my rep told me before the BAL series that invoices would be going out first week of sept w/playoff invoices pending the outcome of that home series vs BAL
    I think you mean the road series at Baltimore. I heard the schedule will be released on September 13.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator PuffNettles9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    40-49'37'' N 073-55'40'' W

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I think you mean the road series at Baltimore. I heard the schedule will be released on September 13.
    No HOME series...b/c i was sitting in my seats for the saturday HOME game and my rep pointed to the field and said depending on what happens in this series (regarding playoff invoices)....that might have changed once the home series wasnt a sweep. (but this week is technically the first FULL week of September so maybe we will see some invoices this week)

    13th is also a possibility since 2 years ago the schedule came out on that 2nd tuesday of september
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

  13. #13

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    That would be a reason not to renew
    On the one hand who doesn't want to pay less for an April mid week night game against the Twins? But then you pay more for a Saturday July game.

  14. #14

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    On the one hand who doesn't want to pay less for an April mid week night game against the Twins? But then you pay more for a Saturday July game.
    Way worse for resale, will probably get less for an April midweek game and the same for a Saturday July game.

  15. #15

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Way worse for resale, will probably get less for an April midweek game and the same for a Saturday July game.
    Is that currently true for you?
    For example your $50 April game gets less than that, but your $50 July tickets gets you even?

  16. #16
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Is that currently true for you?
    For example your $50 April game gets less than that, but your $50 July tickets gets you even?
    I find hard to get close to face in April - too cold, weather too unpredictable. Summer is great for people to take kids to game. Market has fallen apart more recently but hopefully a pennant race will help to offset the promotions the Yanks have been pushing.

  17. #17
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post
    Last year the full schedule came out the day after labor day so im expecting the same this tuesday.

    my rep told me before the BAL series that invoices would be going out first week of sept w/playoff invoices pending the outcome of that home series vs BAL
    One rep mentioned that the invoices would go out the week of Sept 12. Seems late to me especially if it includes playoffs but maybe they want to see how they do this homestand.

  18. #18

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    I find hard to get close to face in April - too cold, weather too unpredictable. Summer is great for people to take kids to game. Market has fallen apart more recently but hopefully a pennant race will help to offset the promotions the Yanks have been pushing.
    Well that's why I'm thinking that instead of every ticket being $50- the April and May tickets for the same seat are $30 and the July and August tickets for those seats (weekends) are $70. We'll see what they do. May make no changes at all for 2017 and are just holding up renewals to see if they can offer playoff tix.

  19. #19

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    I see the 2017 season tickets are on sale now on the Yankees website. But no prices.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    One rep mentioned that the invoices would go out the week of Sept 12. Seems late to me especially if it includes playoffs but maybe they want to see how they do this homestand.
    Last season the date for the first payment was September 10.

  21. #21

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Is that currently true for you?
    For example your $50 April game gets less than that, but your $50 July tickets gets you even?
    I meant that with variable pricing my concern is that I will get less than I got in 2016 for mid week April games and I will get the same as I got in 2016 for weekend summer games the result being that the total dollars I will be able to recoup over a full 81 game season with variable pricing will be less than the total dollars I am able to recoup with fixed pricing creating a new reason not to renew. Do the Yankees really want to give full season ticket holders one more significant reason not to renew?

    I will say this season's deep discounting by the Yankees is worse than variable pricing. The recent Main seats for $24 offer for the premium September Dodgers games (and a Friday night Rays game) is an insult to all full STHers in the Grandstand and the Terrace who paid more than that for buying a full season and paying 11 months in advance.

    http://m.yankees.mlb.com/tickets/info/mc24

  22. #22
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I meant that with variable pricing my concern is that I will get less than I got in 2016 for mid week April games and I will get the same as I got in 2016 for weekend summer games the result being that the total dollars I will be able to recoup over a full 81 game season with variable pricing will be less than the total dollars I am able to recoup with fixed pricing creating a new reason not to renew.
    Yes, you will recoup less, but won't you also be spending less to buy the plan?
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

  23. #23
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I meant that with variable pricing my concern is that I will get less than I got in 2016 for mid week April games and I will get the same as I got in 2016 for weekend summer games the result being that the total dollars I will be able to recoup over a full 81 game season with variable pricing will be less than the total dollars I am able to recoup with fixed pricing creating a new reason not to renew. Do the Yankees really want to give full season ticket holders one more significant reason not to renew?

    I will say this season's deep discounting by the Yankees is worse than variable pricing. The recent Main seats for $24 offer for the premium September Dodgers games (and a Friday night Rays game) is an insult to all full STHers in the Grandstand and the Terrace who paid more than that for buying a full season and paying 11 months in advance.

    http://m.yankees.mlb.com/tickets/info/mc24
    Agree that variable pricing is bad. In April buyers want discounts no matter what the price. On the flip side buyers have a number that they are not willing to pay above. Buyers will still want a discount on the April tickets which will not be offset by gains from premium games as there will be less gains from those premium games. The Giants lowered the price on preseason tickets by 50%. The tickets still sold at 30-40% discount off these new lowered prices - less than they sold the previous season when they were at the higher price.

  24. #24

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Agree that variable pricing is bad. In April buyers want discounts no matter what the price. On the flip side buyers have a number that they are not willing to pay above. Buyers will still want a discount on the April tickets which will not be offset by gains from premium games as there will be less gains from those premium games. The Giants lowered the price on preseason tickets by 50%. The tickets still sold at 30-40% discount off these new lowered prices - less than they sold the previous season when they were at the higher price.
    Yankee tickets at Citi are the highest priced variable ticket there, along with opening day. My next door neighbor who has season tix makes the most profit any year when he chooses to sell opening day or Yankee tix. So you never know. Also Red Sox were there a couple of years ago in August and he made a killing as well.

    Not endorsing it necessarily. Yankees may stand pat and keep April prices the same as July 4th.

  25. #25

    Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Yes, you will recoup less, but won't you also be spending less to buy the plan?
    As I understand variable pricing plans the total paid by a STH for the full season is the same, so if a Mets ticket used to be $50 per game x 81 games = $4050 for the season now the game tickets are in a range, say $30 to $80 but a full season plan still costs $4050. I'm not a Mets STH so not 100% certain.

    I'm wishing for a price reduction on my $28 Grandstand Infield Yankees tickets due to the Yankees deep discounting this season and selling so many games in my section for less than $28.00. There were Yankees offers for $4.18, $5.00, $5.01, $10.99, $14.00, $15.00, $19.96, etc. As a full season ticket holder I simply want the best price in my section offered by the Yankees for every game. I know, dream on, but if the Yankees are not careful instead of them getting $28.00 x 162 tickets from me, I may buy the 9 game plan.

    Hopefully sending renewal invoices later for 2017 means that they listened to the survey responses from their fans and are making meaningful changes that will benefit their full season ticket holders.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts