+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Addicted Member

Re: 2017 season ticket renewal invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Yankee tickets at Citi are the highest priced variable ticket there, along with opening day. My next door neighbor who has season tix makes the most profit any year when he chooses to sell opening day or Yankee tix. So you never know. Also Red Sox were there a couple of years ago in August and he made a killing as well.

Not endorsing it necessarily. Yankees may stand pat and keep April prices the same as July 4th.
    The question is he makes enough from those premium games to offset the losses on the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    The question is he makes enough from those premium games to offset the losses on the other games.
    Agree. And really nothing succeeds like success. If Judge, Sanchez etal become must see players that put the Yankees over the Sox, Jays and O's then they'll be fewer losses on the field and selling tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I'm wishing for a price reduction on my $28 Grandstand Infield Yankees tickets due to the Yankees deep discounting this season and selling so many games in my section for less than $28.00. There were Yankees offers for $4.18, $5.00, $5.01, $10.99, $14.00, $15.00, $19.96, etc. As a full season ticket holder I simply want the best price in my section offered by the Yankees for every game. I know, dream on, but if the Yankees are not careful instead of them getting $28.00 x 162 tickets from me, I may buy the 9 game plan.
    That is a freakin' crime.
    I wouldn't blame you one bit switching to a 9 game plan.
    That's what I have. My seats are $10 each.
    They are all value games and I'll just say there are a lot of empty seats all the time.
    It's basically an entrance fee and my Yankee screwing is minimal.

NYYF Legend

Tonight's crowd of 27,532 was the smallest announced crowd at the current Stadium. Yankees better think twice if they decide to raise ticket prices for next season.
    Last edited by ymike673; 09-07-16 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Tonight's crowd of 27,532 was the smallest announced crowd at the current Stadium. Yankees better think twice if they decide ticket prices for next season.
    Wow! Significantly lower than the 30,003 crowd announced for Thurs April 7 4:30p game against the Astros early this season. I guess the $24 Main seats deep discount offer did not work to sell tickets.

Addicted Member

Just received postseason invoice but no regular season yet. Looks like same strip prices as last year.

payment due by 9/21. Can pay in single payment or

20% 9/21
    20% 10/2
    40% 10/10
    20% 10/18

Addicted Member

2016 Postseason invoice is out.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Just received postseason invoice but no regular season yet. Looks like same strip prices as last year.

payment due by 9/21. Can pay in single payment or

20% 9/21
    20% 10/2
    40% 10/10
    20% 10/18
    Has that ever happened? Postseason without renewal? Maybe they are lowering prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Has that ever happened? Postseason without renewal? Maybe they are lowering prices?
    Last season you could buy postseason without renewal. They had preferred pricing if you renewed (same price as 2014 and now 2016) and a higher "regular" pricing if you did not renew.

Since 2017 regular season renewals are not tied to postseason they can wait and evaluate their options (from the survey?) as long as they want.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    2016 Postseason invoice is out.
    Not bad. My seat is the same price as last season and this year's payment plan is better

NYYF Legend

Last season you could buy postseason without renewal. They had preferred pricing if you renewed (same price as 2014 and now 2016) and a higher "regular" pricing if you did not renew.

Since 2017 regular season renewals are not tied to postseason they can wait and evaluate their options (from the survey?) as long as they want.

The longer the better. Would rather start paying for next season in October or November than in September

Not bad. My seat is the same price as last season and this year's payment plan is better
    Yes, hope to make all 4 payments and see you at Game 7 of the WS

The longer the better. Would rather start paying for next season in October or November than in September
    Already the 16th with the weekend coming so you may get your wish. I'm still hoping for a reduction.

As I understand variable pricing plans the total paid by a STH for the full season is the same, so if a Mets ticket used to be $50 per game x 81 games = $4050 for the season now the game tickets are in a range, say $30 to $80 but a full season plan still costs $4050. I'm not a Mets STH so not 100% certain.

I'm wishing for a price reduction on my $28 Grandstand Infield Yankees tickets due to the Yankees deep discounting this season and selling so many games in my section for less than $28.00. There were Yankees offers for $4.18, $5.00, $5.01, $10.99, $14.00, $15.00, $19.96, etc. As a full season ticket holder I simply want the best price in my section offered by the Yankees for every game. I know, dream on, but if the Yankees are not careful instead of them getting $28.00 x 162 tickets from me, I may buy the 9 game plan.

Hopefully sending renewal invoices later for 2017 means that they listened to the survey responses from their fans and are making meaningful changes that will benefit their full season ticket holders.
    the market for yankees tickets is terrible. why pay 28 a game when you can pay way less often for better seats on the secondary market?

I personally would rather wait till January like the old days...I think people complained about January because the holiday bills were coming due.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    That is a freakin' crime.
    I wouldn't blame you one bit switching to a 9 game plan.
    That's what I have. My seats are $10 each.
    They are all value games and I'll just say there are a lot of empty seats all the time.
    It's basically an entrance fee and my Yankee screwing is minimal.
    Do you have one seat or two? I downgraded my seats to one seat in a 9 game plan. I either swap them, or just have a friend pick up another seat to the same game and we just sit anywhere.

I wonder if their STH list has gotten low enough that the 9 game people will be offered a strip just to keep a deposit for next season.

Addicted Member

Hearing that the renewals are going out at the end of October/1st week in November.

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    Do you have one seat or two? I downgraded my seats to one seat in a 9 game plan. I either swap them, or just have a friend pick up another seat to the same game and we just sit anywhere.
    I have two but I like your creativity.
    If you just need a taste of 4-5 games per season, which really is enough for me, your way is even more cost effective.
    So you swap 4 games to get another ticket to the 4 games you prefer to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I wonder if their STH list has gotten low enough that the 9 game people will be offered a strip just to keep a deposit for next season.
    That would be awesome.... but just because they make the post season, doesn't mean demand is there. Unless they are in the series, no one cares.

NYYF Legend

Hearing that the renewals are going out at the end of October/1st week in November.
    Two and a half months later than last season

Addicted Member

Two and a half months later than last season
    Renewal notices are out

NYYF Legend

Renewal notices are out
    Thanks. Have not received my E Mail yet

A buddy of mine had the Saturday Plan in Section 238 of the bleachers. Has a 2002 seniority date. He found out when he got his 2017 invoice that his seats were eliminated due to the "enhancements" and he was moved to Section 413 Row 12. He was pissed. He spoke with his rep and was given the following options: take what they gave him for the Saturday plan, move back to the bleachers on a different plan, upgrade his tickets to a more desirable (expensive) location, or wait and see if a Saturday plan opens up in another part of the bleachers. He told them no thanks and they could keep their tickets.

NYYF Legend

My full season ticket price same as last season. So at least they were smart enough not to raise the FS tickets

Thread Information