+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 2016 Fantasy Football Thread- General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I don't mean to make light of your team, but we've all been there. It stinks.
    Laugh all ya want..I am..it's beyond comical at this point

I'm my other league I need 1 td pass from Wilson or 230 yds passing without a pick for the rousing 16-14 win lol

So much underperformance
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post

I'm my other league I need 1 td pass from Wilson or 230 yds passing without a pick for the rousing 16-14 win lol

So much underperformance
    I would like to take the time to announce that the Fantasy Football Gods can OFFICIALLY bite my crank. I have endured 3 straight F'ing weeks of starting F'ing Russell Wilson and have received a plentiful F'ing 10 F'ing points each and every time like a green grocer. Not starting him last week and thus benching a 40 spot from Derek Carr, only to lead me to Carr this week and thus Wilson only has 24 F'ing points, at F'ing halftime!!!!!, yet sits like a stone sentinel on my bench. It's beyond belief that I have turned into the Jerry Jones of fantasy football.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post

So much underperformance
    Something finally went my way... Wilson surpassed the 230 yd mark without any ints for me to get the passing bonus in this league. his 2 td passes connected as 2 of my receivers caught tds, and his rushing td. So, I won comfortably 37-14. Unfortunately sitting at 4-5, but still alive, but pretty much have to win out. Hopefully this is Wilson breaking out for the rest of the season.

Well my playoff life dangles with this Sunday night game. I needed to win and needed the 2 teams I am tied with to lose. I won, one of the teams i needed to lose has lost. The other team iscurrently winning 13-8 but he is done. The guy he is paying has Eli and Sterling Shephard. So, in order to win, I need Eli to have 250 yds passing, but with no picks. Or Shephard to have 110 yds rec. Or Eli to throw a td to Shephard. Or an Eli rushing TD...lol yeah right. This will excruciatingly make me wait well into the 4th quarter...sigh

My other league I think i was elimated from the playoffs on draft day..lol

ETA: If Eli does throw a pick, its minus 25 yds off his total, so he will need 25 more yds per int thrown.

ETA2: One last shot actually need 3 sacks from Terrell Suggs or a TD
    Last edited by DrNick; 12-11-16 at 11:34 PM.

NYYF Legend

Russell Wilson should have been a U-Boat Captain as he truly put a torpedo into my season week after week.

I won the regular season in one of my leagues and enjoyed a bye week round 1 of the playoffs. The 0 TD and 6 INT ratio for Brees the last two weeks doesn't bode well however.

Luckily, I had a bye last week for the first round of the playoffs. Otherwise, I definitely would have lost.

I have a QB dilemma this week. Big Ben sucks on the road. Rivers is no longer elite and Gordon is hurt. Bortles isn't that good. I'm going up against Brady, to boot.

I'm going to start Ben and hope for the best.

So I go to round 2 of the playoffs with this roster. Won the regular season in spite of a bunch of injuries. Any suggestions on starters? We get three RB/WR/TE flex slots, and it's a .5 PPR league.

Hopefully Brees got his horrific suckage out of his system the last two weeks, and he and Thomas can string together a few healthy, productive weeks.

Farrow and Gabriel are tempting... any feedback would be appreciated.

STARTERS
    Drew Brees QB | NO @ARI
    RB Doug Martin RB | TB @DAL
    WR Odell Beckham WR | NYG DET
    TE Zach Ertz TE | PHI @BAL
    RB-WR-TE Davante Adams WR | GB @CHI
    RB-WR-TE T.Y. Hilton WR | IND @MIN
    RB-WR-TE Golden Tate WR | DET @NYG
    DST Chiefs DST | KC TEN
    K Adam Vinatieri K | IND @MIN

RESERVES
    RB Kenneth Farrow RB | SD OAK
    RB Terrance West RB | BAL PHI
    WR Taylor Gabriel WR | ATL SF
    TE Jared Cook TE | GB @CHI
    Rishard Matthews WR | TEN @KC
    RB-WR-TE Michael Thomas

Luckily, I had a bye last week for the first round of the playoffs. Otherwise, I definitely would have lost.

I have a QB dilemma this week. Big Ben sucks on the road. Rivers is no longer elite and Gordon is hurt. Bortles isn't that good. I'm going up against Brady, to boot.

I'm going to start Ben and hope for the best.
    I'd have recommended the same. Good luck, melon.

NYYF Legend

The Cowboys have done well against the run this year and only Pittsburgh, with Bell's ability as a receiver, has done real damage. And good luck with Brees on the road as he has struggled away from the superdome all year. But what do I know, I am on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs.

I'm such a knucklehead. I overthought things, watched too many fantasy football shows and cost myself a win.

I should have done what I normally do, which is start my best and ignore matchups. The shows kept on hammering on how Big Ben stinks on the road, so I started Rivers. The pundits like Crowder on MNF so I benched D. Baldwin. I sure missed AJ Green.

Net result is that I left 15 points on the bench and lost by 10. I deserved this.

Oh well, consolation prize for 3rd place this weekend. It's for 20% of the pool, so I can still salvage the season.

NYYF HOF

Despite losing Melvin Gordon and CJ Anderson earlier in the year, I'm in the championship game in 1 league.
    Same CJ issue in my other league and losing AJ Green hurt as well, but in the championship game as well.

It's been smoke & mirrors to get to this point. Well and Matt Ryan.

J. Ajayi, L. Blount, D. Baldwin, and OBJ will carry me to a 3rd place finish this weekend.

When my team was hot, it was unbeatable. It always stings to put up a dud in the playoffs (last week), but I'll take 3rd place with a smile.

NYYF Legend

I benched Doug Baldwin and it's going to cost me my league title.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I benched Doug Baldwin and it's going to cost me my league title.
    He can be frustrating because it's seems to be feast or famine at times. Who did you start over him?

NYYF Legend

He can be frustrating because it's seems to be feast or famine at times. Who did you start over him?
    Robert Kelley as a flex and Michael Thomas as a WR. I also have Dez Bryant tonight another flex. I need Dez to outscore Elliot and Dwayne Washington by 1.7 points.

NYYF Legend

And in spite of 3 touchdowns by Dez I still lost my matchup by 2 points. I had a late lead and then Detroit gave a carry to Washington and Dez never got the ball again as Dallas ran the clockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    And in spite of 3 touchdowns by Dez I still lost my matchup by 2 points. I had a late lead and then Detroit gave a carry to Washington and Dez never got the ball again as Dallas ran the clockout.
    Yeah, I was tracking that and knew it was going to be close for you. I had a friend in the championship game in my league, and he had to go against Elliott, also. I think Elliott won a lot of fantasy GM's money last night.

Fantasy football loves stressing me out

In league 1. I lost this week due to the Leonard Fournette 90 yd TD(TDS over 90 yds worth triple the points). Last week lost by .7. This on top of losing Dalvin Cook for the year(ACL), OBJ for the year(broken ankle), and Derek Carr broken back(will see). On the upside I was able to snag Deshaun Watson off the WW as a fill in.

League 2 sitting at 4-0, first place and highest scoring team in conference( 26 team 2 conference league). Playing second place team 3-1. A team that won last week on that ridiculous Justin Houston TD at the end of the game. I lose 1 TD by by JJ Nelson fumbling at the goal line out of the endzone crossing the, and I lost another TD by Gurley fumbling at the goaline out of the endzone. Game came down to Last night and had to survive Jordan Howard not scoring and or staying under 100 yds. Hung on to survive to 5-0.

This on top of the Yankee games on Sunday and Monday...

Thread Information