+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2016 Fantasy Football Thread- General Discussion

Good luck this season.

How was everybody's draft?

My risky pick was Jamaal Charles taken as my first RB. Fingers crossed.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

Re: 2016 Fantasy Football Thread- General Discussion

Had my first draft on Saturday. It did NOT go well. Had the 9th pick in a 12 team league, which is probably the worst spot possible this year (and most years maybe)...

QB: Newton (2)
    RB: Lacy (3)
    RB: Gore (7)
    WR: Maclin (4)
    WR: Hurns (5)
    TE: Gronkowski (1)
    D: Panthers (10)
    K: Catanzaro (13)
    Bench: Lockett (6), Sanders (8), Ajayi (9), DeAndre Washington (11), Wheaton (12), Rishard Matthews (14), Alfred Morris (15)

Love the players (from a fantasy perspective anyway), but going TE/QB with my first two picks was brutal. Crappy WRs in a PPR league is going to be my demise unless some sleepers emerge on the waiver wire that I can pick up.

Did you get Charles late in the first round? Did you handcuff him?

^^^ That's not bad for a 12 man league. The only hole is the 2nd RB, and Ajayi will probably drive you crazy. At least you have elite talent at QB, TE, and D. I think Wheaton will emerge from the bench, with Bryant suspended.

I ended up with players I didn't really want but was somewhat forced to take based on who was left. I had a very annoying GM picking in front of me that continually blocked me from preferred players.

I got Charles in round two, when the RB's were mostly off the board (I went with OBJ in round 1). I really have to handcuff Charles to West, but will need to drop a RB. I have both Hill and Bernard from the Bengals and probably should drop Bernard. I remember when both of them were worthy of picks in the first 3 rounds. I also have Blount (Pats) but want to see if Belichick makes him into a clear #1 with Brady suspended.

NYYF Legend

I am in 2 10 team keeper leagues that haven't drafted yet.

One league is 1/2 point ppr and you keep 5 players with no limits or loss of picks with a snake draft based on how you finished last season. I won the league so I pick back to back at then end. My 5 keepers are Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffrey, Lamar Miller and TJ Yeldon. It is really a Dynasty league which is why I kept Yeldon over Bortles, Langford, Forte, Eli and Cobb. Cobb is obviously better than Yeldon but I can't keep 4 WR and couldn't work out a trade. We draft on Monday and my focus at 10 & 11 (really 60-61) is a Qb and RB. 6 QBs were kepts so 3 teams ahead of me could take one of Brees, Winstin, Bortles, Carr or Marriota. It's a Dynasty league so I want one of the later 4. I would love to get Langford back.

The other keeper league is a $200. auction league where you keep 4 players for a max of 3 seasons at the price you originally won the bidding on or $10. if picked up off waivers after the season has begun. I am keeping CJ Anderson, David Johnson, Cam and Mike evens for a total of $26. With $174 I plan to spend big on 2 stud WR and then fill in the rest of my roster. I won't know who is available until tonight but I know Hopkins will be since he is one of the players I kept for 3 seasons and had to let go of. I also won this league last year and the auction is Thursday.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

^^^^

Good luck, man. A couple of your players drove me to drink due to their inconsistencies- CJ and Lamar.

NYYF Legend

I drafted 10th, in a 12 team PPR keeper league and I was not happy with my draft at all as the 1st round picks ahead of were crazy causing me to be a reactionary.

QB: R.Wilson(3)
    RB: D.Freeman (1)
    RB: L.Bell (2)
    WR: D.Thomas (4)
    WR: K.Benjamin (5)
    TE: T.Eifert (7)
    FLex: M.Jones (9) or John Brown (6)
    Def: Carolina
    K: S. Hauschka (15)

And my bench consists of D. Carr, C.Ivory, A. Morris, D. Allen, and J.Doctson. I never place much of a value at TE and thus, my current problem exists especially if Eifert does not get healthy and comes back slowly. Also, with the 3 game suspension to Bell, I am gambling that he too will have a strong season. I wanted to draft Prescott in the 12th round but he was picked directly in front of me. Also, in every year since 2011, I have always drafted Dan Bailey and he too was picked in the last round directly in front of me.....much to my BigD disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I drafted 10th, in a 12 team PPR keeper league and I was not happy with my draft at all as the 1st round picks ahead of were crazy causing me to be a reactionary.

QB: R.Wilson(3)
    RB: D.Freeman (1)
    RB: L.Bell (2)
    WR: D.Thomas (4)
    WR: K.Benjamin (5)
    TE: T.Eifert (7)
    FLex: M.Jones (9) or John Brown (6)
    Def: Carolina
    K: S. Hauschka (15)

And my bench consists of D. Carr, C.Ivory, A. Morris, D. Allen, and J.Doctson. I never place much of a value at TE and thus, my current problem exists especially if Eifert does not get healthy and comes back slowly. Also, with the 3 game suspension to Bell, I am gambling that he too will have a strong season. I wanted to draft Prescott in the 12th round but he was picked directly in front of me. Also, in every year since 2011, I have always drafted Dan Bailey and he too was picked in the last round directly in front of me.....much to my BigD disappointment.
    Wow, nice draft. #10 is a rough position but you got high quality starters in every position. I, also, rolled the dice on Eifert since he's a TD machine. I'm hoping he'll be back by week #4. I also picked up Jason Witten as a undrafted FA- at least he'll be my floor at TE.

2Jay, did you (or can you) handcuff your RB's with DeAngelo Williams and Coleman? They're both competent to step into the starting role if needed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    2Jay, did you (or can you) handcuff your RB's with DeAngelo Williams and Coleman? They're both competent to step into the starting role if needed.
    I was not able to as they both were drafted but I just released Doctson, with a mind of getting him back if he can ever get back on the field, and I just picked up Spencer Ware. The 3 game suspension cannot end soon enough.

Had my 2 drafts this past weekend

Draft 1- 10 team keeper league(I had 10th pick, won league)-My Keepers were AP/Hopkins

QB-Palmer
    RB-AP
    RB-Doug Martin
    WR-DeAndre Hopkins
    WR-Golden Tate
    TE-Greg Olsen/Gary Barnidge
    Flex-Jeremy Hill
    Kicker-Gostkowski
    Def-Seattle

Bench-Jonathan Stewart/Alfred Morris/Charles Sims/Vincent Jackson/Stefon Diggs/Tajae Sharpe/Victor Cruz(18th rd pick)

My other draft, which is 21 rds with IDP's too many damn players to remember lol. Have to wait on rosters being posted. That league is a 26 team league(2-13 team conferences). I had the 11th pick in that draft.

I was not able to as they both were drafted but I just released Doctson, with a mind of getting him back if he can ever get back on the field, and I just picked up Spencer Ware. The 3 game suspension cannot end soon enough.
    I'll be unhappy if you see any value with Ware. I drafted both Jamaal Charles and handcuffed him with West.

So far, Spencer Ware looks like a good pick and an easy start. These guys have him as the #18th Flex option.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/flex-ra...014744202.html

Probable Starters, 12 team PPR

QB-Tyrod Taylor
    RB-Lamar Miller
    RB-Spencer Ware (during LeVeon Bell's suspension)
    WR-Demaryius Thomas
    WR-Eric Decker
    Flex-Larry Fitgerald
    TE-Jason Witten
    DST-Jets
    K-Vinatiere

Bench:

QB: Dak Prescott
    RB: LeVeon Bell (until week 4)
    RB: Danny Woodhead
    RB: Gio Bernard
    RB: Dion Lewis (on IR, not on roster)
    WR: Torrey Smith

NYYF Legend

So far, Spencer Ware looks like a good pick and an easy start. These guys have him as the #18th Flex option.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/flex-ra...014744202.html
    I think that I am going to get hosed this weekend because it seems that every time I play that so called "hot pick", I instead get about 3-5 points out of him.

I think that I am going to get hosed this weekend because it seems that every time I play that so called "hot pick", I instead get about 3-5 points out of him.
    Wow, I'm assuming that you're happy with Ware, unless you somehow decided to bench him.

Team owners with both Charles/West on their roster, like me, are much less happy.

NYYF Legend

2nd season in a row I am losing Keenan Allen to season ending IR. 2nd season in a row I have used him as a keeper.

NYYF Legend

Wow, I'm assuming that you're happy with Ware, unless you somehow decided to bench him.

Team owners with both Charles/West on their roster, like me, are much less happy.
    That Ware pick-up carried me to a win last week. Here's hoping that he has just as big of impact this week though I see that he has made the injury report with a sprained toe.

That Ware pick-up carried me to a win last week. Here's hoping that he has just as big of impact this week though I see that he has made the injury report with a sprained toe.
    Yes, I figured Ware helped to offset your frustration with Terrance Williams not going out of bounds on that last play.

However, you won't fully appreciate frustration until Mark Sanchez becomes your starting QB.

NYYF HOF

Decisions, decisions.

Isiah Crowell against Baltimore, Melvin Gordon against Jacksonville or Devonta Freeman against Oakland.

I'm thinking Freeman, but he was outshined last week. Tough.

NYYF Legend

Yes, I figured Ware helped to offset your frustration with Terrance Williams not going out of bounds on that last play.

However, you won't fully appreciate frustration until Mark Sanchez becomes your starting QB.
    And the sad thing is, until the day comes that Jerry, along with all of his family whom have been placed into the hierarchy, steps away, Dallas will always be that team of failure. And even with that being said, all Jason Garrett ever does is play not to lose instead of playing to win. It is beyond frustrating.

NYYF Legend

The results of today's games makes me what to sh!tcan fantasy football altogether. Russell Wilson truly put me into the toilet for the weekend.

Anyone get hurt with injuries or simply by players not living up to their billing?

Losing a keeper or 1st rounder, like A. Peterson, has to sting. D.Martin, too, as the league's depth is unimpressive.

Jamaal Charles is still not healthy. Sammy Watkins is both dinged up and putting up bad numbers. OBJ is ok, but not worthy so far of his very high draft slot.

Anyone get hurt with injuries or simply by players not living up to their billing?

Losing a keeper or 1st rounder, like A. Peterson, has to sting. D.Martin, too, as the league's depth is unimpressive.

Jamaal Charles is still not healthy. Sammy Watkins is both dinged up and putting up bad numbers. OBJ is ok, but not worthy so far of his very high draft slot.
    To answer your question

League 1 Injuries- Keenan Allen- Doug Martin

League 1 players not living up predicted performance - Russell Wilson

League 2 Injuries - A.P. Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart.

League 2 players not living up predicted performance - Golden Tate, Jeremy Hill

In league 2 I do have Charles Sims, so losing Martin will not hurt as much(Do not have him in league 1).

Also, in league 2 I do not have McKinnon or Asiata for a fill in for AP(They will most likely split carries anyway).
    Maybe I will see a bump for Stefon Diggs.

So a big yes to your question

NYYF Legend

Other teams loss is my gain. I drafted Riddick, Sims and Yeldon. All guys getting a much bigger roles due to an injury to a teammate though Ivory should be back this week. I also have Bernard who is simply outplaying a healthy Hill.

I don't know what to make of my league. I get my ass kicked on draft night and I really don't like my team.

Meanwhile, no team is interested in waiver wire pick ups, as I guess they don't want to drop anyone. Nobody picked up McKinnon, Sims, Pitta, and Flacco.

I picked up McKinnon and Flacco. Dropped Jeremy Hill for McKinnon. We'll see if that's dumb, but Hill and Bernard just split up the action in Cincy and I'm looking for a real RB1.

Thread Information