+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 2016 Fantasy Football Thread- General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Other teams loss is my gain. I drafted Riddick, Sims and Yeldon. All guys getting a much bigger roles due to an injury to a teammate though Ivory should be back this week. I also have Bernard who is simply outplaying a healthy Hill.
    What's your prediction on Sims this week? Are you playing him or Bernard?

NYYF Legend

Sims is a better pickup than McKinnon.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Sims is a better pickup than McKinnon.
    That's what the experts say. Why? Is it because of Asiata possibly getting goal line carries?

I picked him up previously when Martin was hurt, and he wasn't nearly a RB1, IIRC. While Martin is expected to miss a few weeks, Peterson could be out much longer.

I'll probably regret dropping both Bernard and Hill, but that platoon system in Cincy is brutal on their fantasy value.

On the bright side, I seem to be correct that the Pats will decide to use Blount as their workhorse while their non Brady QB's are playing. I hope that they'll continue to use him after Brady returns.

Ha ha....Jeremy Hill with a monster game- 85 yards, 2 TD's and it's not even half time. I was lured by McKinnon's projected carries over a platoon guy in Cincy.

Sigh...

NYYF Legend

My opponent started Sammy Watkins today, and I proceeded to give him a lot of flak on our board, only to have my starting WR Kelvin Benjamin post a big fat doughnut in return.

NYYF Legend

My opponent started Benjamin too! And I have Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Ha ha....Jeremy Hill with a monster game- 85 yards, 2 TD's and it's not even half time. I was lured by McKinnon's projected carries over a platoon guy in Cincy.

Sigh...
    I benched Hill myself..got crushed though..didn't matter anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

I had to drop Sammy Watkins (what a wasted pick!) and was going to choose from:

Josh Gordon
    Terrelle Pryor
    Robert Woods

I went with Woods. I also dropped McKinnon for Christine Michael.

We'll see if those are good moves. I always wanted to get Josh Gordon on the cheap, but what a risk. I knew there was a problem when he became buddies with Johnny Manziel!

I guess my payment has come due for winning one of my leagues last year. This years theme is injuries and non-perfomance....this week though

The lineup I threw out there this week..

QB-Palmer-enough said
    RB-Jeremy Hill - 71 yds rushing(sadly one of my top performers this week)
    RB-Charles Sims - 28 yds rushing and a fumble
    WR - Diggs - 47 yds rec
    WR - Golden Tate - 1 catch 1 yd
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins - 1 catch 4 yds
    TE - Greg Olsen - 76yds and a TD(my star lol)
    Kicker - Gostkowski - Missed fg minus 1 pt
    DEF - Seattle - got me 7 pts.

I am currentyl at 1-7. ( we have a 2 pt scoring system 1 pt for a win and 1 pt for scoring in the top 5 for the week). So my 1 win is from just sneaking in to th top 5 in scoring for a week.

Gonna be a loooong year

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    I guess my payment has come due for winning one of my leagues last year. This years theme is injuries and non-perfomance....this week though

The lineup I threw out there this week..

QB-Palmer-enough said
    RB-Jeremy Hill - 71 yds rushing(sadly one of my top performers this week)
    RB-Charles Sims - 28 yds rushing and a fumble
    WR - Diggs - 47 yds rec
    WR - Golden Tate - 1 catch 1 yd
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins - 1 catch 4 yds
    TE - Greg Olsen - 76yds and a TD(my star lol)
    Kicker - Gostkowski - Missed fg minus 1 pt
    DEF - Seattle - got me 7 pts.

I am currentyl at 1-7. ( we have a 2 pt scoring system 1 pt for a win and 1 pt for scoring in the top 5 for the week). So my 1 win is from just sneaking in to th top 5 in scoring for a week.

Gonna be a loooong year
    I was curious, so I looked up your draft. Man, you have been decimated by injuries- A.Peterson, D.Martin. And Palmer grew very old over the offseason. Hopkins was an outlier, but Hill will continue to drive you nuts. He'll explode for points when he's sitting on the bench and then disappoint when he's in the lineup.

These injuries I'm facing this year have become hysterical. For this week's games.

Palmer out..backup on a bye so had to pick up and play Brian friggin Hoyer
    Doug martin out...Charles Sims out ..AP out for year... Jonathan Stewart out

Stefon Diggs out this week

Lol

On the upside the Brian Hoyer pick up worked out..but it looks like I might be adding Jeremy Hill to my pile of dead players...lol

NYYF Legend

I wisely started Theo Riddick over DeWayne Washington at the last second.

Which 2 RB's would you guys rather have- C. Michael, L. Murray or L. Blount? I have two and the other is available via waivers.

My other RB is J. Charles ()

My team is not good (2-3), and I'm looking for high ceiling players.

NYYF Legend

Demaryius Thomas is a must start they said.....The Chargers have a weakened secondary.....Thomas is going to post at least 14 points and is a solid start etc....meanwhile with a compromised hip, nothing like a dud performance to get my weekend off to powerful start.

Well, I'm happy with my waiver pickup of Jay Ajayi. Wow.

Ajayi, AJ Green, L. Blount....2 wins in a row. Starting to feel better about my chances.

I benched Hill myself..got crushed though..didn't matter anyways
    Did you at least start Hill today?

Well, I'm happy with my waiver pickup of Jay Ajayi. Wow.

Ajayi, AJ Green, L. Blount....2 wins in a row. Starting to feel better about my chances.
    I have a moment every year like this... I actually drafted Ajayi late, carried him on the bench for several weeks, and dropped him 2 weeks ago. I did the same thing with David Johnson in TWO leagues last year... drafted him, carried him on the bench and dropped him the week before he took over and went crazy.

Did you at least start Hill today?
    Of course not, lol. Last year, every decision I made was right. Every waiver wire pick up performed. Hell, I rotated like 4 qb's through out the year and I always seemed to play the right one at the right time.

This year has been the opposite.

Of course not, lol. Last year, every decision I made was right. Every waiver wire pick up performed. Hell, I rotated like 4 qb's through out the year and I always seemed to play the right one at the right time.

This year has been the opposite.
    I hear that. It seems like my lineups are hanging on just until the last game ends.... And it always seems like my opponents have the player that scores 30 points and I'm stuck with the 15-20 point players..... UGH!!!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I hear that. It seems like my lineups are hanging on just until the last game ends.... And it always seems like my opponents have the player that scores 30 points and I'm stuck with the 15-20 point players..... UGH!!!!
    My season has truly gone into the toilet as I have have underperformed for 4 weeks in a row and Russell Wilson has simply been a disaster. I started him last week, while leaving Derek Carr and his 40 points on the bench, and thus I chased the points this week, starting Carr, and got garbage in return.

I'm in a strange league, and I'm not complaining. The other teams are happy with their rosters and don't appear interested in picking up players on waivers.

I've picked up Christine Michael, Jay Ajayi, and D. Booker after every else passed. I can't believe Big Ben was dropped, so I claimed him, too. Latavius Murray is still unclaimed and there are much worse RB's on team's rosters. And usually, I have to wait in line (close to last) while the teams with worse records have first crack.

I've been in tough leagues before. It's nice to finally be in one where my opponents are very slow moving with waiver pick ups.

NYYF Legend

I'm in a strange league, and I'm not complaining. The other teams are happy with their rosters and don't appear interested in picking up players on waivers.

I've picked up Christine Michael, Jay Ajayi, and D. Booker after every else passed. I can't believe Big Ben was dropped, so I claimed him, too. Latavius Murray is still unclaimed and there are much worse RB's on team's rosters. And usually, I have to wait in line (close to last) while the teams with worse records have first crack.

I've been in tough leagues before. It's nice to finally be in one where my opponents are very slow moving with waiver pick ups.
    One of the big problems for me, has been my inability to find any gems on the waiver wire. Going after the hot picks like Meredith, Britt, Henry, etc... has been too little too late as they have done their best in the weeks prior and my so called studs, have underperformed almost all year long.

Not that it matter much in my one league because I am bottom dwelling, but ging into this week I had 3 players listed as officially out and 7 players on a bye...lol. I had to dig deep in the dregs that are available to field a starting lineup

Not that it matter much in my one league because I am bottom dwelling, but ging into this week I had 3 players listed as officially out and 7 players on a bye...lol. I had to dig deep in the dregs that are available to field a starting lineup
    I don't mean to make light of your team, but we've all been there. It stinks.

Thread Information