+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Search function problems

Anyone else having a problem with this? I'll type in a search that I know has results. It will just bring me to a blank page and not do anything.

Re: Search function problems

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Anyone else having a problem with this? I'll type in a search that I know has results. It will just bring me to a blank page and not do anything.
    I had the same problem Wednesday
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happened the same time the "new posts" button and the lite version broke. At least the site is pretty searchable using google. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Happened the same time the "new posts" button and the lite version broke. At least the site is pretty searchable using google. Frustrating.
    It does the same thing if you go to a user's profile and click "View Forum Posts". Same blank page. Kind of like the response we are getting to all our complaints here.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    It does the same thing if you go to a user's profile and click "View Forum Posts". Same blank page. Kind of like the response we are getting to all our complaints here.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    Stay thirsty my friend.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Hey All - we're looking into this
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

I've submitted a request to upgrade some software on the server end. No ETA yet. There will probably be a short outage.
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Jim F. View Post
    I've submitted a request to upgrade some software on the server end. No ETA yet. There will probably be a short outage.
    Thanks Jim. Will this address the other recent issues that have sprung up, like the blank pages returned when using the "What's New" button?

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Thanks Jim. Will this address the other recent issues that have sprung up, like the blank pages returned when using the "What's New" button?
    Maybe there's nothing new. Just old posts recycled.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

There is nothing new under the sun.

I just discovered the "What's new" button! Yes, I see it is right there, but there's also a link where it says "New posts," and I always used that instead of "What's new." It doesn't work now, either.

NYYF Legend

It's all working now from what I can see.

Thank you - Powers That Be!
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

NYYF Legend

Woohoo!!!! Finally!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Yes! That's actually a search page too :-)

We upgraded the software last night and I just confirmed that the What's New link seems to be working as expected.

Sorry all for the inconvenience. I'll have to figure out a way to make sure you can get issues like this in front of me quicker.

Thank you, Jim. It was a little frustrating for all of us thinking that no one knew or cared we had a problem.

While we're on the subject, will someone explain the difference between the 'New Posts' button and the 'What's New' button?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for Jim F., the new posts button and a kick a$$ search engine that works. Signed, your humble servant Tex.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Thank you, Jim. It was a little frustrating for all of us thinking that no one knew or cared we had a problem.

While we're on the subject, will someone explain the difference between the 'New Posts' button and the 'What's New' button?
    Yet to be determined. Stay tuned.

OK, now here's a new one. Om my iPad,,I sign in with my name and password. The site recognizes me, thanks me for signing on - then immediately loads up another sign in page. I've tried it more than once,,and it's no help. I can't sign in.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    OK, now here's a new one. Om my iPad,,I sign in with my name and password. The site recognizes me, thanks me for signing on - then immediately loads up another sign in page. I've tried it more than once,,and it's no help. I can't sign in.
    Check your bookmark on your IPad. I had the same problem and finally realized I had the old site address.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

Thread Information