+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    "new posts" button

    Anyone else having trouble with the "New Posts" button? I've tried all the usual things - logging out and back in, deleting cookies and history- but nothing. New Posts takes me to a blank page. I've tried on multiple devices and with different browsers but nothing.

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    NJ Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with the "New Posts" button? I've tried all the usual things - logging out and back in, deleting cookies and history- but nothing. New Posts takes me to a blank page. I've tried on multiple devices and with different browsers but nothing.
    Same here.

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: "new posts" button

    ...and the same for me.

    I always use the What's New button to browse the forum.

    Please help.

    Thank you.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  4. #4
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    ...and the same for me.

    I always use the What's New button to browse the forum.

    Please help.

    Thank you.
    Bump and confirming it is busted for me as well.

  5. #5
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Bump and confirming it is busted for me as well.
    Does 5-1/2 hours really constitute a "bump" or just a new post?


    Either way, it's busted for me as well, it sucks, and I don't know if there's anyone who can or would fix it, or if anyone at the SNY administrative level will even know about it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  6. #6
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Does 5-1/2 hours really constitute a "bump" or just a new post?


    Either way, it's busted for me as well, it sucks, and I don't know if there's anyone who can or would fix it, or if anyone at the SNY administrative level will even know about it.
    Bumping this to let you know I'm not sure if there is an established criteria for bumpage. Sorry if I misbumped.

  7. #7

    Re: "new posts" button

    Confirming this issue. At first I thought it was just me.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  8. #8
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Bumping this to let you know I'm not sure if there is an established criteria for bumpage. Sorry if I misbumped.
    It wasn't a criticism. It was more like a question for philosophical meditation, a thread koan.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  9. #9
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    It wasn't a criticism. It was more like a question for philosophical meditation, a thread koan.
    I wasn't taking it personally. Just playing along.

  10. #10
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: "new posts" button

    Maybe it's filtering out new posts by quality. We're just seeing all the ones that meet minimum sufficiency.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  11. #11
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I wasn't taking it personally. Just playing along.
    It does raise the question of what sort of bumpage actually constitutes bumpitude. Does it actually exist, or is it one of those undefinable concepts like clutchitudeness?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  12. #12
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: "new posts" button

    Dammit, I keep clicking that stupid button.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    NJ Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ

    Re: "new posts" button

    Posting in this forum used to be monitored by site administration, but I don't know anymore. Not sure if anyone else reported it yet, but I just went to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and sent feedback.

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend

    Casey at the Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Big Bear Lake, CA

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    Posting in this forum used to be monitored by site administration, but I don't know anymore. Not sure if anyone else reported it yet, but I just went to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and sent feedback.
    GREAT! Now they're going to find out that we are talking politics in the forum.

    Stupid "New Posts" button is still broken for me too.

  15. #15

    Re: "new posts" button

    Bump.
    It won't be long before we can all forget Cano and realize that Castro can be everything Robinson was for us. - Retired_Doc

  16. #16

    Re: "new posts" button

    to whom it may concern: please fix it
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  17. #17
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: "new posts" button

    Agreed, it's very annoying to navigate this site with the "new posts" broken.

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Bump and confirming it is busted for me as well.
    And me. I didn't think to look down here to see if anyone else was having this problem until now.

  19. #19
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: "new posts" button

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    It does raise the question of what sort of bumpage actually constitutes bumpitude. Does it actually exist, or is it one of those undefinable concepts like clutchitudeness?
    It exists, in all truthiness.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts