+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 407
  1. #326
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    There's no point in doing so. You guys are all hate watching it. What's my end game?
    I'm watching for whatever it gives me. My hope every week is that they'll give me a good, meaty episode where stuff actually happens, and only a little of it is headpalm stupid. Since they haven't been able to do more than a couple of times over the last season or more, I'll take hate watching as a second choice. I'd much rather have it be good, but I'm not going to pretend it's good when it's not.


    Last week and this, it hasn't even been a good hate watch. Give me something, guys. Even looking at Rosita loses some of its charm when she actually has to talk and do stuff.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  2. #327
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    If you want a good hate watch, check out Z Nation. It's hilarious, pokes fun at TWD, and is ridiculous. I think you'd like it John.

  3. #328
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    If you want a good hate watch, check out Z Nation. It's hilarious, pokes fun at TWD, and is ridiculous. I think you'd like it John.
    I saw a little of it here when some kids were watching it. I thought it was not quite as squishy as TWD, but - IIRC - somewhat slimier (I might be wrong on that).


    I know this is heresy to you, but I think one zombie apocalypse show is enough for me.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  4. #329
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I saw a little of it here when some kids were watching it. I thought it was not quite as squishy as TWD, but - IIRC - somewhat slimier (I might be wrong on that).


    I know this is heresy to you, but I think one zombie apocalypse show is enough for me.
    oh I understand. Not many people can tolerate the amount of post apocalyptic material I digest. Ever since I was introduced to the original Planet Of The Apes when I was a kid I got hooked on the genre and movies like that and mixed with horror like Night Of The Living Dead it became an obsession. It's what I read, it's movies, it's television. I just love a good story about mankind fvcking itself and what happens after.

  5. #330
    Chapecó, que tristeza theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I saw a little of it here when some kids were watching it. I thought it was not quite as squishy as TWD, but - IIRC - somewhat slimier (I might be wrong on that).


    I know this is heresy to you, but I think one zombie apocalypse show is enough for me.
    Z Nation was fun for a while, I think i watched maybe 20 eps and then it got old. They did some really entertaining extensions of the zombie concept way beyond what WD has achieved.

    Zombie baby, radioactive zombie, and boner zombies (that were stuck in the Viagra factory) were some highlights.

    Some of the acting was superb--they knew just how serious to do some really crazy ass stuff.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  6. #331
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Z Nation was fun for a while, I think i watched maybe 20 eps and then it got old. They did some really entertaining extensions of the zombie concept way beyond what WD has achieved.

    Zombie baby, radioactive zombie, and boner zombies (that were stuck in the Viagra factory) were some highlights.

    Some of the acting was superb--they knew just how serious to do some really crazy ass stuff.
    the Zombie baby's name is Lucy. After Lucille.

    My favorite thing in the show is z weed.

  7. #332
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Why did it take so long for Rapey Davey to turn?

    Good episode sans commercials. Felt like 45 minutes worth of them.

  8. #333
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Why did it take so long for Rapey Davey to turn?

    Good episode sans commercials. Felt like 45 minutes worth of them.
    I quit the show back after the season premiere, but I saw two of my friends on FB say that after last night's they are done with it. Was it something polarizing?

  9. #334

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I quit the show back after the season premiere, but I saw two of my friends on FB say that after last night's they are done with it. Was it something polarizing?
    Just more boring stalling to get to a season finale that will promise BIG THINGS NEXT SEASON!!!

    We're all suckers at this point. Even the hate watchers.

  10. #335
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I quit the show back after the season premiere, but I saw two of my friends on FB say that after last night's they are done with it. Was it something polarizing?
    I don't know if I'd describe as polarizing but Rick and friends went to Oceanside (community introduced last season) and basically took all of their guns. Other than the fact that they didn't kill anyone it wasn't all that different that what Negan and his group would have done.

  11. #336
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Why did it take so long for Rapey Davey to turn?

    The time it takes to turn has always been a function of dramatic necessity.

    It's pretty clear that they won't even get to the beginning of the war by the end of this season. They'll probably get as far as getting the alliance lined up.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  12. #337
    Chapecó, que tristeza theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The time it takes to turn has always been a function of dramatic necessity.

    It's pretty clear that they won't even get to the beginning of the war by the end of this season. They'll probably get as far as getting the alliance lined up.
    ...figuring everyone will come back to watch the war next season, even if they hated this season. Which they will then start with:

    -a Carol episode

    -a Darryl episode

    - Eugene episode

    -and so on.

    The war might happen for mid-season finale.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  13. #338
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    ...figuring everyone will come back to watch the war next season, even if they hated this season. Which they will then start with:

    -a Carol episode

    -a Darryl episode

    - Eugene episode

    -and so on.

    The war might happen for mid-season finale.

    Agreed. I was impressed that last night's episode included Rick and Co., Hilltop, Negan and the Saviors (with Sasha and Eugene), the radical feminist commune, and renegade Dwight. All in one episode! There's still the Kingdom/Carol/Morgan to account for, as well as the pidgin English talkee talkee kill kill idiots, but it was a good effort.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  14. #339

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    ...figuring everyone will come back to watch the war next season, even if they hated this season. Which they will then start with:

    -a Carol episode

    -a Darryl episode

    - Eugene episode

    -and so on.

    The war might happen for mid-season finale.
    Michael: I had no idea when I got in that car and headed to New York I was going to quit. I got on that ramp and I thought two hours, two hours to go. Feeling good. Listen to some tunes. Should've peed before I left.
    Kelly: Michael get to the good part.
    Michael: Okay, so. I get up to the building, I get to the revolving door... broken! So I have to take the normal door.
    Oscar: At least he is in the building.
    Michael: No, No! I was so nervous it was the wrong building! I walked into the wrong building!
    Pam: He finally has a story everyone wants to hear... and he knows it.

  15. #340
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    they had a chance to make the last eight episodes of this season the best. but nope. they strung it out with crappy writing & fillers again and again.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  16. #341

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    i actually thought last night was the best episode in about a month.

    still hate it..
    kyle

  17. #342
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    I hate all you guys.

    Love,
    Fanboi

  18. #343
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    ...figuring everyone will come back to watch the war next season, even if they hated this season. Which they will then start with:

    -a Carol episode

    -a Darryl episode

    - Eugene episode

    -and so on.

    The war might happen for mid-season finale.
    if the war doesn't go on in the finale it has to start in the premier. No way this happens. Not a chance.

  19. #344
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by KLJ View Post
    i actually thought last night was the best episode in about a month.

    still hate it..
    it might have been one of the better ones recently but you're right, the quality still isn't good.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  20. #345

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    if the war doesn't go on in the finale it has to start in the premier. No way this happens. Not a chance.
    Really? They ended least year on the cheapest cliffhanger possible, and wasn't it about 20 minutes into this season's premiere before we got back to Negan with everyone on their knees?

    Oh, and this entire season has been spent just to get us to the start of war...and even you're hedging your bets that anything actually happens next week.

  21. #346
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    if the war doesn't go on in the finale it has to start in the premier. No way this happens. Not a chance.
    They still don't even have all the allies lined up. In fact, they don't really have any of them firmly lined up.

    Maybe they'll get that settled next week. But the first half of next season will probably be about planning the war, maybe an initial skirmish or two. I hope I'm wrong.

  22. #347
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    They still don't even have all the allies lined up. In fact, they don't really have any of them firmly lined up.

    Maybe they'll get that settled next week. But the first half of next season will probably be about planning the war, maybe an initial skirmish or two. I hope I'm wrong.
    I don't know man, if they are really going to pull another damn cliffhanger or not get to AllOutWar it has to be the first episode. If not even I will be angry. I'm starting to get angry that it may not happen in the final episode.

    However, Negan made an off handed remark about Rick being up to bad things. So the element of surprise could be done. And Dwighty Boy finally getting on our side could trigger something soon.

    I don't know. I'm not even close to bailing like you guys but I am capable of getting annoyed at the writing.

    Also, GG, as for the premier, I had no issue with the twenty minute wait. That episode paid off big time. I thought thy were going to cop out but they didn't. And I really liked the Rick and Negan RV ride.

  23. #348
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    I'm expecting the episode to end just as either the Savior's pull up to Alexandria or Rick's team pulls up to the Sanctuary and then bullets start flying as the scene fades to black. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

  24. #349
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I don't know man, if they are really going to pull another damn cliffhanger or not get to AllOutWar it has to be the first episode. If not even I will be angry. I'm starting to get angry that it may not happen in the final episode.

    However, Negan made an off handed remark about Rick being up to bad things. So the element of surprise could be done. And Dwighty Boy finally getting on our side could trigger something soon.

    I don't know. I'm not even close to bailing like you guys but I am capable of getting annoyed at the writing.

    Also, GG, as for the premier, I had no issue with the twenty minute wait. That episode paid off big time. I thought thy were going to cop out but they didn't. And I really liked the Rick and Negan RV ride.

    Who said I'm bailing? I tell you, I keep hoping every week for a good, well-written episode that moves things along. I just don't get it very often. The last episode was actually pretty good, but it would have been better as the second or third episode of the second half. As it is, it just kind of played up how much they haven't done.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  25. #350
    Mustache NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Walking Dead season 7

    How is this thread 14 pages long?
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts