+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb Draft 2017

NYYF Legend

Re: Mlb Draft 2017

Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927 View Post
    I believe we're picking 16th We're tied with the Astros, but I think the tiebreaker for draft position is last year's record.

Let's hope we move up a spot or two due to fa signings.
    I'm with that!! i'll sign for 14th. This is going to be a rich college arm year they say.

Just for silliness, this site did a mock on 8/3 with the Yankees picking 16th.

New York YankeesTristan BeckRHP6'4"165Stanford

Beck is the best draft eligible sophomore in this draft class. He finished his freshman season at Stanford with a 2.48 ERA in 83 1/3 innings while giving up just two home runs and striking out 76. Beck offers a mid-90s fastball and a potential above average curveball and a developing changeup. His command has improved in his first year at Stanford, but he still needs to be more consistent with it.

http://www.fueledbysports.com/2017-mlb-mock-draft/
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Just for silliness, this site did a mock on 8/3 with the Yankees picking 16th.

New York YankeesTristan BeckRHP6'4"165Stanford

Beck is the best draft eligible sophomore in this draft class. He finished his freshman season at Stanford with a 2.48 ERA in 83 1/3 innings while giving up just two home runs and striking out 76. Beck offers a mid-90s fastball and a potential above average curveball and a developing changeup. His command has improved in his first year at Stanford, but he still needs to be more consistent with it.

http://www.fueledbysports.com/2017-mlb-mock-draft/
    WOW that was fast!! DES have a lot of leverage...

Addicted Member

2017 MLB Draft Order

1. Twins (59-103, .364)
    2. Reds (68-94, .420)
    3. Padres (68-94, .420)
    4. Rays (68-94, .420)
    5. Braves (68-93, .422)
    6. A's (69-93, .426)
    7. D-backs (69-93, .426)
    8. Phillies (71-91, .438)
    9. Brewers (73-89, .451)
    10. Angels (74-88, .457)
    11. Rockies (75-87, .463)
    12. White Sox (78-84, .481)
    13. Pirates (78-83, .484)
    14. Marlins (79-82, .491)
    15. Royals (81-81, .500)
    16. Astros (84-78, .519)
    17. Yankees (84-78, .519)
    18. Mariners (86-76, .531)
    19. Cardinals (86-76, .531)
    20. Tigers (86-75, .534)
    21. Giants (87-75, .537)
    22. Mets (87-75, .537)
    23. Orioles (89-73, .549)
    24. Blue Jays (89-73, .549)
    25. Dodgers (91-71, .562)
    26. Red Sox (93-69, .574)
    27. Indians (94-67, .584)
    28. Nationals (95-67, .586)
    29. Rangers (95-67, .586)
    30. Cubs (103-58, .640)

I guess I was wrong. We're picking 17th.
    facebook.com/ItMightHaveBeen?ref=hl

NYYF Legend

2015 records are used to break the tie with the team with the worse record getting the higher pick.

Yankees went 87-75 last year and Houston went 86-76 so they pick before the Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Moving up could prove difficult. When you look at the teams drafting 11-16 it isn't exactly a who's who of big spenders.

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBrian View Post
    Moving up could prove difficult. When you look at the teams drafting 11-16 it isn't exactly a who's who of big spenders.
    I think the White Sox are a possibility. They have been trying to build with the farm without success. They need to steal some Thunder from the Cubs by signing some FA's, hope some prospects show some metal.

Otherwise, I agree...although the Marlins have been trying to win now but have a barren farm and could use a high #1.

NYYF Legend

Yea , moving up this year doesn't look to promising. Oh well 17 will still carry a good arm if this draft is as predicted. I wonder if the new rules changes will adjust to how far a team goes into the off season. I mean a WC team can win the WS and have the 20th pick?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankProspector View Post
    I think the White Sox are a possibility. They have been trying to build with the farm without success. They need to steal some Thunder from the Cubs by signing some FA's, hope some prospects show some metal.

Otherwise, I agree...although the Marlins have been trying to win now but have a barren farm and could use a high #1.
    Interesting point about the Marlins. They need to do something to replace Fernandez, although there is no FA out there that is even close. My guess is they work the trade route for a solid #2 type.

I see them as our competition for a relatively high-end starter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Interesting point about the Marlins. They need to do something to replace Fernandez, although there is no FA out there that is even close. My guess is they work the trade route for a solid #2 type.

I see them as our competition for a relatively high-end starter.
    Their system is by most accounts horrible. Unless they want to move someone off their 25 man, like Ozuna...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Their system is by most accounts horrible. Unless they want to move someone off their 25 man, like Ozuna...
    That is exactly who I was thinking of. Good call.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Rockies signing of Desmond moves the Yankees up one spot to 16.

NYYF Legend

Lets hope the Fish sign Jansen!!

NYYF Legend

Law says the 2017 draft is stronger than the 2016 draft. Says there's depth in college pitching. Good to hear. We always say best player available, but I'd lean college pitcher over position player if all things are equal, due to our current system makeup.

20. Alex Scherff, RHP, Grapevine (Colleyville, Texas) HS
    Scherff doesn’t over the typical projection of some of the other hurlers in the class, but he does get his fastball up to 96 mph, and he has one of the best changeups in the class.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/mlb-draft/insider/post?id=2977

Want. That changeup @ 25 seconds is dooope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkxKBdWtz2Q

NYYF Legend

Well as per BA the Yanks have the 16th pick in the draft after Trumbo was signed. Yes, I'm happy we retained our pick and if you follow the top 50 Prospects of MLB HS LHP Trevor Rodgers is the 16th rated prospect as of today. Sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    Well as per BA the Yanks have the 16th pick in the draft after Trumbo was signed. Yes, I'm happy we retained our pick and if you follow the top 50 Prospects of MLB HS LHP Trevor Rodgers is the 16th rated prospect as of today. Sold!!
    Why would a team lose a draft pick (Orioles) after re-signing a player that played with them last season?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Why would a team lose a draft pick (Orioles) after re-signing a player that played with them last season?
    He was saying that since Baltimore signed Trumbo, it is now official that we'll have the 16th pick because we can't move up any longer.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    They didn't - I think the reference was to the fact that Trumbo was the last player with a pick associated. Now that he is signed, the order can no longer change.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    They didn't - I think the reference was to the fact that Trumbo was the last player with a pick associated. Now that he is signed, the order can no longer change.
    Yep..

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Law says the 2017 draft is stronger than the 2016 draft. Says there's depth in college pitching. Good to hear. We always say best player available, but I'd lean college pitcher over position player if all things are equal, due to our current system makeup.
    I'd like another bat, this time one that plays a good 3B. I never like drafting for need but think that a 3B at our spot could be the BPA depending on how this year plays out. We are weak at 3B throughout our system. Maybe Dermis Garcia will eventually move over.

At #16, I want best available arm UNLESS b/a/p is too good to pass up. Personally prefer stockpiling as many upside arms as possible, but should the equivalent every day player the calibre of a Rutherford still be on the board, that's gotta be the selection all day every day.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theM&Mboys View Post
    At #16, I want best available arm UNLESS b/a/p is too good to pass up. Personally prefer stockpiling as many upside arms as possible, but should the equivalent every day player the calibre of a Rutherford still be on the board, that's gotta be the selection all day every day.
    Sounds like music to my ears..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theM&Mboys View Post
    Ditto.

Thread Information