Richmond Virginians

Re: 2016 Rule V Eligibility & Draft

Complete list. This is what happens when you have a strong farm system

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...0FqM6ffuJ5P.97

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    Complete list. This is what happens when you have a strong farm system

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...0FqM6ffuJ5P.97
    Torrens is the one who hurts if he is somehow is able to stick on their roster. Though Id be surprised if that happened. Hensley is always hurt, has lost a ton of development time. The rest are meh.

NYYF Legend

So far 4 lost in MLB phase and 3 in AAA phase.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

hopefully we get Torrens back. Apart from Sands and Flames, no one else have Sanchize.
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan View Post
    hopefully we get Torrens back. Apart from Sands and Flames, no one else have Sanchize.

We still have Higgy - our 2016 breakout player. He is #3 on the depth chart right now.

Sands was just converted to Catcher last year. So he really is quite aways.

Flames may not be able to stick, but I think the Yankees are going to try him there anyway.

Other guys like Austin Aefnir, S. Diaz are filler. A kid named Navas played at a couple of levels last year. 20 years old - did not hit much. There is a guy named Seitz who did OK in the GCL in 2015, but basically nothing last year. He's about 22, so I guess he's not a prospect at all.

The Yankees drafted a guy named Skinner in the 7th round this past June, but he left the team for personal reasons. I never heard why, and there has been a news blackout regarding if he's coming back. Reminds me of the relief pitcher we darted #2 some 12-13 years ago - a guy named Cox. He basically quit baseball.

NYYF Legend

Couldn't we have just signed Higgy to a minor league deal since he was FA and added Torrens to the 40 man? I really hope he doesn't stick.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Couldn't we have just signed Higgy to a minor league deal since he was FA and added Torrens to the 40 man? I really hope he doesn't stick.
    In theory, the injury should have made team skittish in taking him. It was a calculated risk but the right call. Torrens is 3-4 years away from being ML ready, assuming he does not regress.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFortune3 View Post
    In theory, the injury should have made team skittish in taking him. It was a calculated risk but the right call. Torrens is 3-4 years away from being ML ready, assuming he does not regress.
    But they can't leave him unprotected next year. He can become a FA if picked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    But they can't leave him unprotected next year. He can become a FA if picked again.
    I was speaking in terms of risking it for this rule 5. In theory since he was so far away he would not have been picked, then you couple that with his fairly recent injury and performance woes... logically it makes little sense.

But it's the Padres.

Yogi Buck

Padres took 3 guys from us in the rule 5?

Hard enough keeping 1 guy on the 25.

Thinking we get some of those back
    [B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by budstinks View Post
    Padres took 3 guys from us in the rule 5?

Hard enough keeping 1 guy on the 25.

Thinking we get some of those back
    The padres are going to absolutely suck this year. Sucking slightly more to steal a few legit prospects seems to be their MO.

Thread Information