+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Lets go Rangers! 2017-2018

I wanted to pick up tickets for when the Rangers visit Boston. Saturday afternoon in December. Every other game on seatgeek has tickets for like $60...cheapest one for the Rangers is $120.

I'll just buy NHL.TV instead and get every game instead of going to one.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I wanted to pick up tickets for when the Rangers visit Boston. Saturday afternoon in December. Every other game on seatgeek has tickets for like $60...cheapest one for the Rangers is $120.

I'll just buy NHL.TV instead and get every game instead of going to one.
    If you just need a single sign up for all-for-one. They will text you if tickets are available and it should be around 60-70 in the 200's or 90'ish for lower level

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    If you just need a single sign up for all-for-one. They will text you if tickets are available and it should be around 60-70 in the 200's or 90'ish for lower level
    Thanks for the tip. I'll see how things are closer to the date.

Wasn't watching the game last night, but my phone was blowing up. I'd be real pissed if I did watch. Not the start I was hoping for obviously.

NYYF Legend

Wasn't watching the game last night, but my phone was blowing up. I'd be real pissed if I did watch. Not the start I was hoping for obviously.
    Henrik better find a way to get it together soon because the chants for Igor are going to get louder and louder

Not that it's all on him, our defensive structure is horsesh|t. That's on the coaching,

Not that it's all on him, our defensive structure is horsesh|t. That's on the coaching,
    No worries there, Holden and Kampfer are in tonight. Because of course. And Chytil to Hartford, because he's been given 18 whole shifts, enough of him already.

Said it while they were in the middle of their presidents trophy winning season that this guy is going to do major damage to this franchise.

Mission Accomplished Alain. I do think that we're nearing the end of his era in New York, thankfully.

I know it's early (I haven't seen any games yet) are they really as bad as their results?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Kind of?

I thought they were clearly better than Colorado and St. Louis in games that they lost but they should have probably lost against Montreal and deserved to lose the two other games that they did.

If they don't win tonight things are going to start to get ugly.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I know it's early (I haven't seen any games yet) are they really as bad as their results?
    no, definitely not

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post

Yes. Only Arizona and Buffalo have worst goal differential than us. We are about
    the same as the Montreal Canadians right now. That ain't sayin' much.
    [

no, definitely not

The question is how much better than this are they?

Goal differential this early in the season isn't really indicative of anything (FWIW, they've given up four empty netters) but this looks like the season they were supposed to have two years ago if not for Hank standing on his head for two months.

They need to fire AV at some point, let Ruff take over for the rest of the season and then make a long term hire once this year is done, add draft picks and profit on what is being billed as the deepest draft since 2003.

NYYF Cy Young

Can we beat the Penguins in our own building, or are we going to be worse than the Islanders and Devils all year long ?
    [

NYYF Cy Young

Which NY team will be in last place by the "winter classic" ?
    [

Man, it's a good thing the Yankees are propping up my fall.

NYYF Legend

best case scenario AV gets fired, Darryl Sutter gets flown in and the team goes on an epic run

Sutter won't come East and not even he can make this team go on an epic run.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Sutter won't come East and not even he can make this team go on an epic run.
    Is Sullivan this good a coach or do you think anybody would have a .630 win percentage and 2 Cups with this Pitt team?

NYYF Legend

Is Sullivan this good a coach or do you think anybody would have a .630 win percentage and 2 Cups with this Pitt team?
    If he isn't then that makes Blysma an all time worse

I think Sullivan is smart enough not to get in his own way. I can tell you that AV would not have the success that Sullivan has had with the Pens, thats for sure.

I also think Rutherford did a fantastic job re-structuring that team. Really makes you wonder what the hell Ray Shero was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I think Sullivan is smart enough not to get in his own way. I can tell you that AV would not have the success that Sullivan has had with the Pens, thats for sure.

I also think Rutherford did a fantastic job re-structuring that team. Really makes you wonder what the hell Ray Shero was doing.
    Well I guess my question is are the Rangers gonna look like dummies for letting Sullivan go to a division rival, or is he just good enough and no matter who took the job after Bylsma they would have done just was well as Sully?

I remember hating Sullivan's power play units on the Rangers so I wasn't upset when he left, but now at least on the surface it looks like the Rangers let an A+ talent leave their umbrella for no good reason - something you hate to see in any sport.

I don't think anyone would have been pleased with a Sullivan hire right after Torts got canned. In hindsight, they hired the worst possible candidate for the job so yeah Sullivan would have been better, but I don't think he gets this team over the hump either.

Hes won twice though, that has to count for something. What he has done is gotten a ton out of a group of defensemen who honestly, aren't all that great. Say what you want about the PP when he was here (and it wasn't really his fault), the defense performed well under his watch here too.

It's all a mute point now as we are on our way to having Lindy Ruff be the coach from January - April.

I'm worried about who they're going to bring in or of the possibility that they keep Ruff.

I know Slats LOVES Blysma. Was hoping that he would become available right after Tortorella got canned. Hes not the GM, but he does still have a say.

Thread Information