+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Lets go Rangers! 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ny27xwschamps View Post
    Rangers played a real good game tonight. 3 0 win over Ottawa. Zibanejad has been fantastic this year.
    He's really stepped up into the 1C role. Happy to have him here.

That was probably their best defensive game of the season. Holding Ottawa to 1 shot on a 5 minute (bullsh*t) major was awesome.

Henrik 7-2 with a .932 and a 2.17 in November. Hopefully he can keep this going for a while.

Still finding it hard to figure out if we have a good team or not.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

Next practice should be all lifting the puck. Find an old Ranger or someone on the street who can show them how

Did anyone go to the WC?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Did anyone go to the WC?
    I had actually considered getting tickets to it for a Christmas present to my wife but ultimately I ended up not getting them. With the low temps I'm happy that I didn't.

Did anyone else find watching the game on tv because of the odd camera angles and shadows was a bit annoyingly distracting?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I had actually considered getting tickets to it for a Christmas present to my wife but ultimately I ended up not getting them. With the low temps I'm happy that I didn't.

Did anyone else find watching the game on tv because of the odd camera angles and shadows was a bit annoyingly distracting?
    Yes, I find that every year to be the case. The winter classic is cool, but it really is just a glamorized side show. The stadium isn't built for hockey, the shadows run havok on the goalies, as does the fact that the fans are so far away it hinders their depth perception. Finally these stadiums don't have good camera pits for a hockey game leading to the overuse of the floating camera that makes the game harder to follow - which is silly when they use this game to introduce new fans to the sport.

Also, it's amazing how narrow the outdoor rinks always look, even though I know they're standard size.

NHL really dropped the ball by not having Chance the Rapper at the Winter Classic.

I went. I had a really good time. Super cold obviously, but everyone seemed really happy to be there. It's just one of those things that's special and everyone really enjoys. And I got my mug on the jumbotron for a good 15-20 seconds - I doubt anyone really enjoyed seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    I went. I had a really good time. Super cold obviously, but everyone seemed really happy to be there. It's just one of those things that's special and everyone really enjoys. And I got my mug on the jumbotron for a good 15-20 seconds - I doubt anyone really enjoyed seeing that.
    Where were your seats?

Where were your seats?
    Lower level in short right field - not quite straight back from the goal Hank started in. Not great seats because the lower level is so much flatter in a baseball stadium than a hockey arena, would've been nice to be higher, but nothing to complain about.

Unrelated to the winter classic, Kreider is now having rib surgery, probably for thoracic outlet syndrome which is often related to blood clots. No idea how long he'll be out, but a team battling just to make the playoffs can hardly afford to lose one of its better players.

Lower level in short right field - not quite straight back from the goal Hank started in. Not great seats because the lower level is so much flatter in a baseball stadium than a hockey arena, would've been nice to be higher, but nothing to complain about.

Unrelated to the winter classic, Kreider is now having rib surgery, probably for thoracic outlet syndrome which is often related to blood clots. No idea how long he'll be out, but a team battling just to make the playoffs can hardly afford to lose one of its better players.
    That's scary for Kreider. Sounds like he'll be out til at least March. I read that Anthony Duclair wants out of Arizona. Maybe they can swing some way to get him back to Broadway.

NYYF Legend

That's scary for Kreider. Sounds like he'll be out til at least March. I read that Anthony Duclair wants out of Arizona. Maybe they can swing some way to get him back to Broadway.
    Stepan must be hating life. But Duclair is still unproven, I think the Rangers should go back in to get Lindberg, Vegas isn't using him at all

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Stepan must be hating life. But Duclair is still unproven, I think the Rangers should go back in to get Lindberg, Vegas isn't using him at all
    Not that individual +/- means much, but this is his first season in the negative. That has to do with being on such a sub par team.

https://www.nhl.com/player/derek-stepan-8474613

Rangers have already played 25 home games vs 17 on the road. This second half is gonna be tough.

NYYF Legend

Rangers have already played 25 home games vs 17 on the road. This second half is gonna be tough.
    Rangers are not the Knicks, they play much better on the road

Congrats to Henrik who became the first goalie ever to have 13 20-win seasons in a row.

The hits just keep coming - Shattenkirk to have surgery for a torn meniscus. Out indefinitely (though he says it won't end his season).

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/954392923759632384

The hits just keep coming - Shattenkirk to have surgery for a torn meniscus. Out indefinitely (though he says it won't end his season).

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/954392923759632384
    Wow that sucks. Not that he's had a great year, but I put most of that on the coach. McDonagh is having a down year too and pairing him with Nick Holden so often certainly doesn't help.

McD & Shattenkirk would be a great pairing but he refuses to play them together.

I bet Shattenkirk is done for the rest of the regular season, same with Kreider. Maybe they come back for the playoffs, but without the two of them I don't know if they make it that far. Playoff teams don't have Paul Carey getting top six minutes.

Thread Information