+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Lets go Rangers! 2016-2017

Worst coach in franchise history.

I told you all. I've never seen a coach do less with more than this guy. Yesterday is the 50th time hes done something that would get most coaches fired over the last three seasons.

But AV is safe. He's doing major long term damage to this franchise and its horrible since the front office is on board with it.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

You don't think Gorton is pissed off? He trades a 2nd & 3rd for Smith only to watch him get 13 minutes of ice time as the two overpaid useless vets are on the ice to give up a two goal lead in the last 3 minutes of a game?

Also, I knew it was just a matter of time once Nash didn't bury that empty wrap around. That's the best shot they'd have and just like he has all season, he didn't get to finish.

Rangers @ 3 on saturday (if necessary), Pens/Caps at night. I have plans saturday night that I can't really get out of, so now I'll be able to to watch the game. Not sure if that's a good thing....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Rangers @ 3 on saturday (if necessary), Pens/Caps at night
    was there an official announcement, do you have a link?

Well that was exactly what they needed. Great all around game.

The Rangers were up against it and came up with 2 strong games. We'll see how Ottawa responds now that they're really up against it. If they come back with Chris Neil, hopefully Glass breaks his face and leaves him looking like his coach.

They're better than Ottawa and its silly that its even 2-2. I've a bad memory but I can't remember the last time we had back to back 3 goal wins, in the postseason.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    They're better than Ottawa and its silly that its even 2-2. I've a bad memory but I can't remember the last time we had back to back 3 goal wins, in the postseason.
    It was also the first time in years I can remember the MSG crowd actually being a factor. It was nice.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    This.

I'm still not over last Saturday. If we don't win this series, then that will be one of those games that I just never forget.

We are a far superior team. If we continue to play the way we are, then they will not win another game.

I have a feeling that GM5 is going to shape up similar to the GM5 in Montreal. It very well may be Ottawa's "last push". If we can take it, then I think we win in 6.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JBursch23 View Post
    I'm still not over last Saturday. If we don't win this series, then that will be one of those games that I just never forget.
    That loss was totally worth it if it taught AV and some of the guys a lesson that led to playing like the last 2 games, which is how the team played through christmas this season

NYYF Legend

"Through four games, the Rangers have led for 149:56, have been tied for 108:47 and have trailed for 4:11."

from sportsnet canada, although I see some missing seconds there....

Ottawa can go screw themselves with these lucky goals. The next series, either of these teams are going to get pounded, we all get that. But there is such a difference between these two teams right now.

Disgusting.

Lundqvist best days are gone. Saw the decline couple of years ago.

Half the defense needs an overhaul. The coach is very questionable. It's weird that people have no issue questioning player playoff performances across sports. Yet, for the most part coaches aren't.

Rangers being the best road team has not translated to the post season. Even if they won game 6, they've looked awful in Ottawa.
    What makes me feel a bit better about losing is the fact, they weren't going to beat the Pens.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Lundqvist best days are gone. Saw the decline couple of years ago.

Half the defense needs an overhaul. The coach is very questionable. It's weird that people have no issue questioning player playoff performances across sports. Yet, for the most part coaches aren't.

Rangers being the best road team has not translated to the post season. Even if they won game 6, they've looked awful in Ottawa.
    What makes me feel a bit better about losing is the fact, they weren't going to beat the Pens.
    You'd be hard pressed to find a ranger fan who likes AV at this point or at any point in the past 2 years.

Still think we'll win games 6 and 7. I'm just annoyed that I had to spend 3 hours listening to CBC and didn't get any payoff at the end.

And add today to the list. I'm done with AV.

Since the lockout, the Rangers hadn't lost a series they had no business losing until now.

Fire AV

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    Since the lockout, the Rangers hadn't lost a series they had no business losing until now.

Fire AV
    exit interview time

Gorton will need a good reason to fire him otherwise he looks really really bad for having tacked on a 2 year $9M extension

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    exit interview time

Gorton will need a good reason to fire him otherwise he looks really really bad for having tacked on a 2 year $9M extension
    Yeah I don't see any way they fire him before Christmas.

Who do we hope the Knights take? My guess is they'll take Raanta.

Should they re-sign Smith? (Yes)
    Should they buy out Girardi or Staal? (Yes)

they need a shake-up. It's just more the same.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    exit interview time

I think losing to a team that you should have steamrolled is a pretty good reason to fire someone.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I think losing to a team that you should have steamrolled is a pretty good reason to fire someone.
    Ottawa's getting swept next series right?

Wouldn't be surprised if it were the most lopsided conference final of all time.

Maybe they can take a game from an emotionally drained Washington team if they win, but even then I think its more likely that they come out flying after finally getting over the hump and dismantling the Sens.

I like the Winter Classic coming back to NYC as much as anyone, but man, the timing of the official announcement really didn't work out for maximum enthusiasm.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    I like the Winter Classic coming back to NYC as much as anyone, but man, the timing of the official announcement really didn't work out for maximum enthusiasm.
    Well it'll be the first winter classic in NYC, and a relatively small venue at Citi Field. Expect face values to be a bazillion dollars and anybody's guess up or down on stubhub

Thread Information