+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Illegal Rosters Thread

The following rosters are illegal:

Felonious Punks
    -L. Martin is no longer on the DL.

Born to Lose
    -L. Severino is in the minors but he has exceeded mL eligibility and cannot be placed there.

Miko
    -T. Tulowitzki is no longer on the DL.

Mrs. Bill
    -A. Pagan is no longer on the DL.

SNPP
    -Y. Puis is on the DL.
    -J. Reyes is not suspended anymore and must be taken off the DL.

Please fix this before rosters lock tomorrow.

Can someone sticky this and lock it? I can just edit this post to reflect ongoing illegalities.
    Last edited by gdn; 06-20-16 at 04:29 PM.

Re: Illegal Rosters Thread

Severino is on my team. I'll take him out of minors now. Doesn't really make sense to me that a player optioned to the minors can't be put in the minors though. Severino could be there the rest of the year for all I know. Weird rule.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Severino is on my team. I'll take him out of minors now. Doesn't really make sense to me that a player optioned to the minors can't be put in the minors though. Severino could be there the rest of the year for all I know. Weird rule.
    Because the minors is for prospects. Otherwise we'd be able to put Nick Swisher in the minors and stash him, since the rule is also that you don't need to promote a player just because his ML team promoted him. When the Yankees re-signed Clemens and put him in the minors to get into shape, someone could have put him in the minors and stashed him.

Rosters lock at 1. People need to fix their rosters or there will be lost points.

2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

Relax there Hitler. You are allowed a week from the time they are reinstated off the DL. Sorry I didn't have my phone shoved up my a$$ and missed the alert.

Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    Relax there Hitler. You are allowed a week from the time they are reinstated off the DL. Sorry I didn't have my phone shoved up my a$$ and missed the alert.
    Dude. you're not the only one. There is a grace period. Some of these have been off the DL longer. It's not ALL about you MIKO! Calm down.

NYYF Legend

Just saw this - my bad. I thought I dropped Banuelos already - he can be released.

Simmons can also be released.

Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan View Post
    Just saw this - my bad. I thought I dropped Banuelos already - he can be released.

Simmons can also be released.

Sorry about that.
    Gotcha. Will do.

I had asked for John Gant to be minor league eligible and moved to my minors. He is in my reserves.

Please move him there.

I just got the email for Pagan today and he is removed.

Please adjust my points.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by berriYankee View Post
    I had asked for John Gant to be minor league eligible and moved to my minors. He is in my reserves.

Please move him there.

I just got the email for Pagan today and he is removed.

Please adjust my points.

Thanks.
    Well as I said before A) if you drop him now I can't make any moves for this week since rosters have locked already. Now I gotta try and make some other move to your roster.

B) Gant can't be in your minors. He's on the ML roster. As Big_E points out, I've been doing it wrong. Now we will do it right. If he's on a MLB roster, you can't pick him up and put him in your mL roster. The ones you have there for now can stay since I made a mistake, but going forward we should do it right.

Also, dropping Pagan doesn't solve your problem. You have too many on your bench. Let me know who to drop for this period, DON'T DO IT YOURSELF.

Now that I know the rules, I shouldn't be penalized.

Please drop Bucholtz and put Gant in my active roster.

So, do I get my points for this week?

If not, I am not playing anymore, as I consider this not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by berriYankee View Post
    Now that I know the rules, I shouldn't be penalized.

Please drop Bucholtz and put Gant in my active roster.

So, do I get my points for this week?

If not, I am not playing anymore, as I consider this not fair.
    Done. Points will populate eventually. Should be later tonight or tomorrow.

Folks, time is running out to fix these problems. We still have some illegal rosters.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

I don't think mine is illegal. Puig is coming off the DL on Tuesday. I have every right to put a player who is on the DL in as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    I don't think mine is illegal. Puig is coming off the DL on Tuesday. I have every right to put a player who is on the DL in as a starter.
    No, he's been on the DL and in your starting lineup. You need to have a legal lineup. A player on the DL in your active lineup isn't legal.

Also you had Reyes in the DL slot who isn't even on an MLB roster.

NYYF Legend

Planet Express is roster hoarding. You can't add liriano and drop nobody and just have an illegal roster for days at a time.

Whoa whoa whoa. I picked up Liriano because I had an open slot. Then a DL player came off the DL and I put him in the active lineup. I guess I could have left him on he DL and invoked my right to a week before activating. It's been like 24 hours. Chill

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JMP08 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. I picked up Liriano because I had an open slot. Then a DL player came off the DL and I put him in the active lineup. I guess I could have left him on he DL and invoked my right to a week before activating. It's been like 24 hours. Chill

WTF are you talking about. You have 6 bench players right now. You can't do that and hoard players until you decide to make a roster move.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010, 2011 & 2015 Gehrig Division Champs.

Iglesias was on the DL. I had an open bench slot until Tuesday when he was activated. Liriano was picked up 4 days ago. I didn't have an illegal lineup until I moved Iglesias off the DL yesterday. Technically I didn't have to do that. There is a grace period when players come off the DL correct? I figured I'd just move him early and get my lineup legal before lineups lock for next week. I didn't realize some crazy person would be so far up my teams ass that they'd make a stink about my lineup being illegal for the past 24 hours.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JMP08 View Post
    Iglesias was on the DL. I had an open bench slot until Tuesday when he was activated. Liriano was picked up 4 days ago. I didn't have an illegal lineup until I moved Iglesias off the DL yesterday. Technically I didn't have to do that. There is a grace period when players come off the DL correct? I figured I'd just move him early and get my lineup legal before lineups lock for next week. I didn't realize some crazy person would be so far up my teams ass that they'd make a stink about my lineup being illegal for the past 24 hours.
    Just make a roster move man. You are breaking the rules by intentionally keeping 6 bench players. I did it in the past and got called out on it as well. No biggie but you need to make a move sooner rather than later.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010, 2011 & 2015 Gehrig Division Champs.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    No, he's been on the DL and in your starting lineup. You need to have a legal lineup. A player on the DL in your active lineup isn't legal.

Puig was activated on Tuesday. It's OK for him to be in the active l/u this week.
    Reyes was suspended, and we've always allowed suspended players to be stashed on the DL. However, if he's no longer suspended, and released from the majors, then he'd need to be put on the bench or released.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Puig was activated on Tuesday. It's OK for him to be in the active l/u this week.
    Reyes was suspended, and we've always allowed suspended players to be stashed on the DL. However, if he's no longer suspended, and released from the majors, then he'd need to be put on the bench or released.
    Reyes was off suspension like 2 weeks ago.

Tony, your lineup is still illegal. I'm playing against zero points. If you don't tell me ASAP what changes need to be made, I don't know what to do and you're gonna lose the week!

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post

Dude. I moved him from the DL into the lineup over the weekend because he was slated to come off the DL on Tuesday. Which he did. How is this an illegal move??

Also Reyes was reinstated and DFA on June 15th. There has always been a one week grace period for reinstating someone from the DL.

Stop just making up rules.

Thread Information